• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si VERSUS Se [TEST]

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si

Se

Si

si

se

se

Si

Si

Se

Si.

Si..if it exists.... I see as being associated with recognition of sensory patterns. This also, as I understand it, applies to internal senses. Like "gut feelings." The beard statement is a perceived pattern.

Side note: Why do people have such an issue with multiple choice? Pet peeve of mine whenever someone asks a question with only a few clearly defined answers, and then they put in their own answers. That's not really answering the question, it's dodging it.

You got 50%

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Which of the following represent Se and which represent Si?

1. I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds.
2. How should I wear my hair today?
3. I often find myself battling my inner demons.
4. People who have beards are hiding something.
5. The people next door have no common sense.
6. You're such an angel!
7. I have unusual feelings that I can only express
through the world around me.
8. I enjoy looking for the man in the moon.
9. There is much beauty in ugliness.
10. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

I'll play along, take my stab in the dark [without looking at the previous attempt

Se...because it has to do with physical experience in the outside world.

Se, because Se dominants usually are concerned, at least to some degree, about physical appearance. Se is my weakest, inferior, function and I a concerned about my physical appearance. I like to look good and I won't even deny it:)

Si, because a lot of inner demons come through the "little" stuff that inwardly nags at people everyday and because they're inner demons, not outer ones.

Probably Si. I have no real good reason, other than I have heard a lot of ISTJs make similar statements [not about beards, but about shifty eyes or bandanas or tattoos or low brow bones, those types of things.]

Si? Maybe the people next door are Se and they've been hang gliding off the water tower or maybe they don't cut their grass on a regular schedule or maybe they keep racing their lawn mowers in the middle of the night.

6. You're such an angel!

Si? Sounds like something my coworkers would say.

Se, just before he/she hops on a motorcycle and goes off to experience the "world" in their own way.

Si? Haha...I'm guessing. Seriously, I can't believe anyone would look for the man in the moon.

Se, how else could an ESTP pull an old wrecked car out of the salvage yard and remake it into a work of automotive art?

Si, because I work with lots of Si-dominants and they say that all of the time.

Jaguar

Thank you for illustrating you still don't know what Si is.

Could be said by any human being.

6. You're such an angel!

Metaphor. Could be said by any human being.

7. I have unusual feelings that I can only express through the world around me.

I'm looking at Si and Se purely, and then applying them to the ten statements.

No, you're not.

I would treat them both as Dominant by default.

When any human being makes a comment, you have no idea if it's coming from conscious thought, unconscious reaction, a mixture of unconscious and conscious elements, the parroting of another person's thoughts they have adopted for their own use, something a person has learned, or any other possibility I haven't mentioned. For someone to think they know what is purely derived from conscious thought, alone, then subsequently assigning Si and Se to it, and even worse, placing it in the dominant position which automatically assumes everything coming out of someone's mouth is 100% conscious, renders the understanding of the human psyche at about the same level of a 2-year-old child's understanding of a random Shakespearean sonnet.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for illustrating you still don't know what Si is.

Metaphor. Could be said by any human being.

No, you're not.

When any human being makes a comment, you have no idea if it's coming from conscious thought, unconscious reaction, a mixture of unconscious and conscious elements, the parroting of another person's thoughts they have adopted for their own use, something a person has learned, or any other possibility I haven't mentioned. For someone to think they know what is purely derived from conscious thought, alone, then subsequently assigning Si and Se to it, and even worse, placing it in the dominant position which automatically assumes everything coming out of someone's mouth is 100% conscious, renders the understanding of the human psyche at about the same level of a 2-year-old child's understanding of a random Shakespearean sonnet.

TRANSLATION: [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] has no clue as to the difference between pure and applied typology.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll play along, take my stab in the dark [without looking at the previous attempt

Se...because it has to do with physical experience in the outside world.

Se, because Se dominants usually are concerned, at least to some degree, about physical appearance. Se is my weakest, inferior, function and I a concerned about my physical appearance. I like to look good and I won't even deny it:)

Si, because a lot of inner demons come through the "little" stuff that inwardly nags at people everyday and because they're inner demons, not outer ones.

Probably Si. I have no real good reason, other than I have heard a lot of ISTJs make similar statements [not about beards, but about shifty eyes or bandanas or tattoos or low brow bones, those types of things.]

Si? Maybe the people next door are Se and they've been hang gliding off the water tower or maybe they don't cut their grass on a regular schedule or maybe they keep racing their lawn mowers in the middle of the night.

6. You're such an angel!

Si? Sounds like something my coworkers would say.

Se, just before he/she hops on a motorcycle and goes off to experience the "world" in their own way.

Si? Haha...I'm guessing. Seriously, I can't believe anyone would look for the man in the moon.

Se, how else could an ESTP pull an old wrecked car out of the salvage yard and remake it into a work of automotive art?

Si, because I work with lots of Si-dominants and they say that all of the time.

You got 90% right!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You got 90% right!

Wow, cool! Of course, you know I'm wondering which one I missed. Tell me via PM if you like. I'd love to know. I have an idea but it could be any one of three that I thought were difficult.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't get it. Were these statements uttered by people of these types? Or what?

Some of them seem to have more to do with the intuiting function, others with the feeling function. Some of them seem to be basic human utterances, non-type specific. Consequently I wouldn't attempt to categorize these statements according to a sensing function with any degree of certainty.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I think they do have a strong basis in sensing for the most part.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Si
2. Se
3. Si
4. Si
5. Si
6. Si
7. Se
8. Si
9. Se
10. Si

Jaguar

TRANSLATION: [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] has no clue as to the difference between pure and applied typology.

Translation: [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] has no clue what the definitions of Se and Si are.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
What Sky said, except for question number 6 and 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What Sky said, except for question number 6 and 8.

You also scored 90%.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] has no clue what the definitions of Se and Si are.

Sure I do. Si is your memory, and Se is watching the world around you. Right?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

* And a third option: either not function-related or caused by multiple functions/multiply realized.
? I don't do this...
I really think people with both functions do this.
Se
Si
Si
Si
6. You're such an angel!
? I'm going with Si.
Se
Se
Se
Si

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Extraverted Sensing is operating when we follow physical impulses; it is instinctive, almost primal, action in the present moment. It can be described as a type of oneness with the present, physical world. In its dominant state it may propel a person to seemingly engage with the physical world without thought. In its most inferior state it will still exert influence, especially as a person begins to obtain autonomy and a sense of individuality.

It instantly reads cues to see how far it can go and still get the desired impact.

So, in my classroom, the Se dominant student is concerned about how he looks. He tends to show off, seemingly, and to make risky decisions. Sometimes, it seems like he doesn't think about the consequences, but in an emergency, he springs into action, clear-headed, at one with the world around him and can be somewhat heroic.

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. Si is always basing what is current on what has always been. It tends to notice little things, the way something smells, if it is different than last time or if a person has a mole that wasn't there before. I know one Si dominant who can walk into a room and notice if anyone has touched his CD collection or not. Si is a collector. It seeks to conform. It constantly looks at people and things and compares them to other people and things.

With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. An extreme Si dominant student I had last year would constantly ask me about the weather, the time, when we would eat, etc. he feared changes in his bus schedule. He was good with detail and conscientious. very dependable and prone to worrying. In an emergency, he is more likely to hyperventilate if he has no prior experience to compare it to or if his prior experience was unpleasant.

Just a note of possible interest here: On a day to day basis, Si dominant students learn better in a classroom setting and Se dominant students do better in a non-traditional setting.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds. -Si
2. How should I wear my hair today? - Se
3. I often find myself battling my inner demons. - Si
4. People who have beards are hiding something. - Se