• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si VERSUS Se [TEST]

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Which of the following represent Se and which represent Si?

I won't go by theory, but rather say which have applied to me in the past:

1. I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds.
Yes, I do this.

2. How should I wear my hair today?
I'm not very concerned with my appearance.

3. I often find myself battling my inner demons.
Definitely

4. People who have beards are hiding something.
I've never had a thought like this.

5. The people next door have no common sense.
This is also not a thought I've had.

6. You're such an angel!
I haven't said this, but I think it fits how I can see some people.

7. I have unusual feelings that I can only express
through the world around me.
This one... I can think of one instance of psychotic behaviour that fits it.

8. I enjoy looking for the man in the moon.
I do often see this when I look at the moon.

9. There is much beauty in ugliness.
I definitely agree with this statement. (I listen to metal, after all)

10. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.
I have had significant experiences of anxiety that fit this. More common though is a reactive sense of "oh shit, what did I just do".

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] - What sort of logic are you using here and what gives you in particular the authority to say that there is only one "correct" answer to any of these?

Se or Ne

Se + Fi/Fe (depending on motivation of hairstyle choice)

Literally any type, but more inclined to be Si types than Se types.

Wha? This is highly dependent on why someone has come to this conclusion. Did someone with a beard hurt them in the past? Etc.

As it stands, I'd say Se+Ni.

I see you're going for Si because it is seen as more grounded than Se, but any S or T type would say this.

6. You're such an angel!

Fe (seems you think this is Si for some unknown reason)

Se + Fi

I have no idea what this means. Do you mean like looking for a specific visual stimulus (e.g. the Big Dipper) within the moon? If so, then Se.

If you mean something more abstract, then it is neither Se or Si.

Anyone could say this. If you really want an answer, then Se.

Si or Ni

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
This is helping a lot in explaining to me what Se and Si are. Reading explanations of them has never helped me to understand at all, I'm thick like that.

So far I can see that Se is referring to things in the physical world. Furthermore, it is about doing something to the physical world, even if this is just something like "imagining". The doing seems to be a kind of self-expression. The odd one out of the Se list seems to be "There is much beauty in ugliness". Beauty/ugliness are judgements or experienced states evoked by a physical object.

Si is a bit harder to grasp. It seems to be inferences made about the world, in terms of an idea which is not physically experienced. Angel, demon - these aren't physically seen but are like... this has a certain property that is like how we think of an angel or demon. Common sense, hiding something... again, not physical things, not something that is seen. Feeling something bad is going to happen... an inference. This is hard.

I would like to see something like this for the other functions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I won't go by theory, but rather say which have applied to me in the past:

Yes, I do this.

I'm not very concerned with my appearance.

Definitely

I've never had a thought like this.

This is also not a thought I've had.

I haven't said this, but I think it fits how I can see some people.

This one... I can think of one instance of psychotic behaviour that fits it.

I do often see this when I look at the moon.

I definitely agree with this statement. (I listen to metal, after all)

I have had significant experiences of anxiety that fit this. More common though is a reactive sense of "oh shit, what did I just do".

You're definitely more Si than Se according to this test. But you already knew that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is helping a lot in explaining to me what Se and Si are. Reading explanations of them has never helped me to understand at all, I'm thick like that.

So far I can see that Se is referring to things in the physical world. Furthermore, it is about doing something to the physical world, even if this is just something like "imagining". The doing seems to be a kind of self-expression. The odd one out of the Se list seems to be "There is much beauty in ugliness". Beauty/ugliness are judgements or experienced states evoked by a physical object.

Si is a bit harder to grasp. It seems to be inferences made about the world, in terms of an idea which is not physically experienced. Angel, demon - these aren't physically seen but are like... this has a certain property that is like how we think of an angel or demon. Common sense, hiding something... again, not physical things, not something that is seen. Feeling something bad is going to happen... an inference. This is hard.

I would like to see something like this for the other functions.

Si creates impressions - "that reminds me of something else..." Si looks inward to try and figure out what the impression is trying to say. According to Jung, the Si confuses the impression with reality. Se is about expression, of actualizing concrete possibilities.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] - What sort of logic are you using here and what gives you in particular the authority to say that there is only one "correct" answer to any of these?

Se or Ne

Se + Fi/Fe (depending on motivation of hairstyle choice)

Literally any type, but more inclined to be Si types than Se types.

Wha? This is highly dependent on why someone has come to this conclusion. Did someone with a beard hurt them in the past? Etc.

As it stands, I'd say Se+Ni.

I see you're going for Si because it is seen as more grounded than Se, but any S or T type would say this.

6. You're such an angel!

Fe (seems you think this is Si for some unknown reason)

Se + Fi

I have no idea what this means. Do you mean like looking for a specific visual stimulus (e.g. the Big Dipper) within the moon? If so, then Se.

If you mean something more abstract, then it is neither Se or Si.

Anyone could say this. If you really want an answer, then Se.

Si or Ni

But I'm specifying Si vs. Se, so those other possible type answers don't matter here.

I don't use argument by authority.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You're definitely more Si than Se according to this test. But you already knew that.

I think though with the test, a question like "I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds" probably is something everyone does, though maybe an Se type is much more active in the process or does it in a way that is more specific to how the question is phrased. "People with beards are hiding something" is much more specific, and since I was being a bit literal I guess, didn't relate to it. I thought maybe the clouds thing was Si because it's like "this shape reminds me of a bird".

I thought of parallel examples that I have said or thought in the past like, "people who wear make up are superficial", "that guy has no shame". These are basically the same, yeah?

Si creates impressions - "that reminds me of something else..." Si looks inward to try and figure out what the impression is trying to say. According to Jung, the Si confuses the impression with reality. Se is about expression, of actualizing concrete possibilities.

So... "you remind me of an angel", "this struggle reminds me of demons", "this feeling reminds me of something bad being about to happen", "people with beards remind me of someone hiding something/give me the impression of hiding something", "my neighbours remind of a lack of common sense/give me the impression of having no common sense" - in order of most clear to least. The last two examples I'm not quite sure about.

I can definitely see the impression/find meaning process in my own cognition. Like, I'll see something, and I will get an internal sensation which sort of represents the thing and my attitude towards it. Often it will link to some other idea, and it will give me a characteristic of the thing which relates to my own feelings about the thing like "this is cool/weird/interesting/good" - so I may laugh at the thing, or fix my attention on it etc. Though neither of these quite describe what the internal sensation actually is, they're more effects of it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think though with the test, a question like "I like to imagine shapes of things in clouds" probably is something everyone does, though maybe an Se type is much more active in the process or does it in a way that is more specific to how the question is phrased. "People with beards are hiding something" is much more specific, and since I was being a bit literal I guess, didn't relate to it. I thought maybe the clouds thing was Si because it's like "this shape reminds me of a bird".

I thought of parallel examples that I have said or thought in the past like, "people who wear make up are superficial", "that guy has no shame". These are basically the same, yeah?

So... "you remind me of an angel", "this struggle reminds me of demons", "this feeling reminds me of something bad being about to happen", "people with beards remind me of someone hiding something/give me the impression of hiding something", "my neighbours remind of a lack of common sense/give me the impression of having no common sense" - in order of most clear to least. The last two examples I'm not quite sure about.

I can definitely see the impression/find meaning process in my own cognition. Like, I'll see something, and I will get an internal sensation which sort of represents the thing and my attitude towards it. Often it will link to some other idea, and it will give me a characteristic of the thing which relates to my own feelings about the thing like "this is cool/weird/interesting/good" - so I may laugh at the thing, or fix my attention on it etc. Though neither of these quite describe what the internal sensation actually is, they're more effects of it.

Si types will use art to express their internal sensations and the ideas they link to because they can't be put into immediate conceptual form. Si will use art, not so much to be understood, but to view themselves as reflected in their art.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

I don't think I do know that really, and I don't think the test supports it.

I see shapes in clouds and the man in the moon. I think there is beauty in ugliness. I don't know if this is Se, but I pick out what shirt I want to wear for the day, by looking at the shirt "not this one, not this one... yeah this one'll do". I have never had a thought about people with beards hiding something or people lacking common sense, and I've never called someone an angel. I think it makes sense to view things as angels and demons, like an obsession is a demon to conquer, paranoia is a demon to conquer. People who affect you positively are angelic, people who affect you negatively are demonic. Under more extreme circumstances I will have feelings that I need to express externally, and I will have feelings that something bad is going to happen.

Results are unclear.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which of the following represent Se and which represent Si?

6. You're such an angel!

1:Se but also some Ne or Si qualities
2.Se without a doubt
3.Si
4.Se if the inference is based on observed sensiry information, Si if based on the past
5. Any S type, but more likely Si
6. Se if kindness is detected, Si if they have memories of the person
7.Se
8.Se
9.Se
10. Se if the feeling was based on observation and Si if it had something to do with comparison to memory.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am suspicious of all of the statements... and the people next door, who happen NOT to have beards :thelook:

on another note, all together there in a list it looks like complete word salad :holy:

however, who the fuck even SAYS some of those things for goodness sake? there's something very, very wrong with this thread...