• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ and INTP relationship compatibility?

sincerelysasquatch

Hello, I am an ISFJ and my fiancee, who I am marrying next month, is an INTP. I am surprised to find in my reading that these are not supposed to be very compatible, which is shocking to me because we are extremely compatible.

When I took the MBTI in highschool I was an INTP but have changed a lot over the years (I am now 25). For some reason I've lost a lot of my creativity, I have become more assertive, more altruistic and more focused on responsibilities. I wonder if my history as an INTP gives me a compatibility boost with my INTP.

Does anyone have any input on the compatibility of an ISFJ and an INTP? What do you ISFJs here think of INTPs? What do you INTPs think of ISFJs?

Edit: a little more info to give you a better picture, we have both been professionally IQ tested. I have been tested 3 times due to mental health issues at ages 17, 20 and 23, he was tested once as a child due to being on the autistic spectrum. My scores were 111 (in dissociative state), 133 (mentally healthy), and 117 (in dissociative state). His score was 108 although I suspect he is much more intelligent than this.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone have any input on the compatibility of an ISFJ and an INTP? What do you ISFJs here think of INTPs? What do you INTPs think of ISFJs?
Using MBTI type theory, the predictions for this match are good. ISFJ and INTP values all functions in common increasing the chances that you will see things the same way and have common goals and values. But there is a lot of personal "coating" that goes over MBTI types such that these predictions don't always work out.

In socionics the relationship between SiFe (ISFJ in MBTI, SEI/ISFp in Socionics) and TiNe (INTP in MBTI, LII/INTj in Socionics) types is that of Activity Relations.