• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] how common would it be for an ENTP to present as the archetype of ISTP?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am fairly certain now that he is ISTP. I think he has a lot of stored knowledge about how to run and promote business, and happens to have connections for promoting, so when I started talking about myself and my interest in ecology, and obvious trends in L.A. the idea more or less fell on his lap, and he had an Ni vision. Se has its finger on the pulse of trends and timing really is everything with this business idea, and it doesn't meander too far from reality. He also seems introverted because he knows how to set boundaries for when he needs to be alone and not socialize and focus on work and his own well being, he doesn't appear to be into overextending himself as extroverts with Fe are more likely to do. And in response to what one person said, he has a lot of serious intensity and can communicate things with his eyes, he's not necessarily childlike or all over the place, though he is adventurous and kind of eccentric.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems to be a common mistype. It's the one Exxx type I was really on the fence about, concerning my own type.

I wonder if this will lead to the age old Steve Jobs ENTP vs ISTP debate. "ohmygawd he's such an innovator so he must be ENTP!"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This seems to be a common mistype. It's the one Exxx type I was really on the fence about, concerning my own type.

I wonder if this will lead to the age old Steve Jobs ENTP vs ISTP debate. "ohmygawd he's such an innovator so he must be ENTP!"

I debated between ENFP and ISFP for myself...and I connect really well with this guy intellectually so we likely share perceiving functions. But I was so impressed by his ideas and the speed which he came up with them, that I thought, maybe he is totally different in his thought processes and we just share interests or age bracket or something. I kept getting stuck with, what am I going to do with this interest, though I had thought about green cities and roof top gardens (this idea is related but not exactly the same) I had no idea how I would execute such an undertaking, and he just struck me as some one who manifests. People have told me that about.myself, I say I will do something and do it, but it's like he's on a different level, possibly though just because of money and networking, he doesn't feel limits as much.