• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you choose to have a T or F child?

Would you choose to have a T or an F baby?

• I'm a T, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I'm a T, and I'd have an F baby.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I'm an F, and I'd have a T baby.

Votes: 16 15.4%

• Total voters

redacted

i would want a T baby. i like communicating with Ts more. i communicate very well with IFJs too.

EFJs and FPs are harder for me to communicate effectively with. not that that would be such a problem; i'm sure i'd love my kid more than anything in the world no matter what.

alicia91

I have two Fs and one T child and I love them all equally. I really don't care, both types have their pros and cons.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I suspect insight is to be gained, not necessarily from one's choice, but from what one chooses against.

Put on your T/F caps.

This thread isn't about children.

redacted

I suspect insight is to be gained, not necessarily from one's choice, but from what one chooses against.

Put on your T/F caps.

it's about Ts not being able to deal with Fs?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Put on your T/F caps.

Pssht!!

I love being an F, just like I love being a woman!

BUT...

I do think, relatively speaking, that Ts and men have it a bit easier, hence my preference to have a male, or a T child.

Oh, and please read my signature for a synopsis as to why. ;)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
No.

It's about individual preference, as it pertains to the sub-conscious. Forum interaction obfuscates under a veneer of political correctness.

If you had a million dollars, what would you do with the rest of your life?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with the rest of your life?
Whaaaa?????

So you are saying that one who wants a T or F child prefers T or Fs in general???

Lol, you may be right. ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
HAHAHAHHAHAHAA

No Ts want F babies, and three Fs, my being one of them, want T babies.

I am seeing a trend here...

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I put F who wants an F baby, since I had to choose. Still, I don't really care. Children are NOT miniature versions of ourselves, and I would hope that mine are going to find their own ways.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I would want both. I have both and there are pros and cons. My T kids are less emotionally draining, but my F kid is very sweet and I think long term, she will be the one that I stay close to when my T children can't be bothered to write or call. I don't think I could choose and I'd rather not be able to.

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I was forced to choose, I would choose T for the simple fact that they wouldn't be traumatized if they found out. I'd take "Huh." over "Waaaaaa!!!!"

LucrativeSid

Night is correct. This thread is NOT about children.

I would personally choose to have a T child if I was forced to make the decision. First off, I think they would be better off in life because their being T would enable me to connect with them, relate to them, and understand them better. If that was the reality of it, we could have a better relationship and this could possibly help me do a much better job of mentoring them, raising them, and teaching them to be strong and confident and other things like that because there would be a genuine trust and a sense of camaraderie between us.

I would be lost raising an F, therefore, I wouldn't do as good of a job, and even though Fs are great, nurture plays a very important role in a child's development. If the child was an F, I would still certainly love the kid and do my best to raise him or her, of course, but it might end up being a lot less than ideal for the growth of the child. Assuming Ts and Fs are equal in every way, in this specific case, the F would lose out because I, the parent, am a T.

I also believe that a T would be less prone to depression and other things that I perceive as negative effects of being too F. Again, no judgment is directed towards Fs for this. I'm forced into a decision and I'm simply using my limited intellect to do what I think is best for the child.

For more selfish reasons, I think I'd actually prefer a T child, enjoy their company more, share many interests with them, and have an easier time raising them. It goes without saying that this does not mean that I wouldn't enjoy the company of an F child or love them just as deeply. But, if I'm forced to make a hypothetical decision, I will, and I won't terrorize myself about how I'm such a bad person for choosing one over the other. Besides, it's not like it's actually going to happen. I'm not going to wake up in a dream world tomorrow where my choice has been magically carried out with no chance of turning back.

Like many of you have also clarified, my decision only stands if I was forced to choose between T or F, so it does not mean in any way that I wouldn't want an F child, or that if I had two children, one T and one F, that I would love the T more just because he or she is a thinker. It doesn't mean that I do not like Fs or that I am forever biased against them.

What does it mean? That's up to you to contemplate or decide. This is raw information. Form your own conclusions or hypotheses if you want to. Share them if you're interested enough.

I think I understand why some of you would like to avoid answering the question, but I won't be assumptive and guess them all out loud. (I have learned from experience that it's a terrible approach!) I should have said in the beginning that if you fail to make the choice, the child will be aborted, or worse, born and then killed. However, that's a little too extreme and I didn't expect such an aversion to answering a hypothetical question. Now that I've gotten some responses, I'm actually fascinated because I'm learning much more than I originally hoped for from unexpected things like that!

I love science. :wubbie:

I have a feeling that Fs are more likely not to answer the question. I'll bet more people will prefer to have T children. I predict we'll notice many variations in how or why people answer the way that they do, such as contrasting reasons like what the person thinks is best for the child versus what the person thinks will be easier or better for themselves. Just to be funny, I could blatantly guess that Fs would be more likely to choose the option that would make things easier on themselves instead of doing what they think will be best for the child. (Although that is not what I actually think.) I have a hunch that the number of Ts who choose to have an F child will be far lower than the number of Fs who choose to have a T child.

Am I right about any of it? Who knows? Will we ever know for sure? Probably not. Will we obtain enough information to have some fun with? Yes!

:banana2:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Clever, LucrativeSid.

The content didn't jive with your traditional posting style. I noticed the smell when I first arrived.

I'm impressed. I'll have to keep a more active eye on you. ;)

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's not about to whom would you be the better parent. There's a kind of destiny that enables people to grow in the process of parenting. Being pregnant (or supporting a pregnant woman), giving birth, raising an infant, toddler, preschooler, middle schooler - these experiences change us, T or F, no matter what their type or ours.

How can you know you'd be a better parent to one or the other? If you're F, maybe interacting with a T would make you a more rational person. If you're T, maybe having an F would make you a more well-rounded person. We don't have children for our own personal growth, but let me tell you, if you're open to your kid, it's inevitable.

And you can say I'm a T, I'd understand a T better, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't serve as a model of T-ness to an F and teach that kid what to expect from other Ts. And that kid would teach you in return, giving you insight into F-ness.

Boy or girl, T or F? I have one of each. I don't have an F boy or a T girl, but I'd be fine with either one of them, too. Cafe summed it up well. I wouldnt want to choose.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
What Jae Rae said.

I may be playing into Sid's theory but it's impossible for me to even make this decision. And I swear, I really tried too!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I stopped counting after the 10th child I had... and damn they are expensive too xD

LucrativeSid

How can you know you'd be a better parent to one or the other?

I don't. How can I actually know anything? I simply threw some reasoning into what I said to use as a personal example. If we only made decisions based on what we knew for certain, we wouldn't get very far, would we? Everything that you are saying here is quite valid, I assure you, but it's not really the point of the thread. If it's your own personal point, though, then I'm glad you said something, and I want you to know that I agree with you. It impossible to know for sure. It is impossible to make a perfect decision. My reasoning behind why I'd choose to have a T child instead of having an F child is not flawless in any way.

I just simply made a decision because I was forced to, and I stuck with it. Why not? It's not real. If you like Pepsi and Coke the same, do you beat yourself up when trying to decide which to drink? Do you fail to make the decision at all because it's just too hard? If they are equal, then what is there to feel bad about by making a choice? (These are rhetorical questions that I do not expect to be answered. I'm not trying to stir up controversy.)

What Jae Rae said.

I may be playing into Sid's theory but it's impossible for me to even make this decision. And I swear, I really tried too!

LOL. Thanks for trying. It would be an interesting study to see how many people are incapable of answering a hypothetical question based on a completely imaginary and impossible scenario. ;)

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone who didn't answer. I know it's not just a silly question with no meaning to you - it's more personal. I don't agree with that reasoning, but I respect it. And this leaves me glad that I didn't allow for such options in my poll.

On the bright side, if you chose not to vote, that means that I made you think. :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can we stop having hypothetical babies now?

My head is spinning...