• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ambiverts!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like this "A" letter very much. I have a lot of introverted qualities, and always score very low on extroversion due to my need to be alone for long periods of time to recharge. But when the recharging is done, I become a social man once again. But I do have the need to be alone for at least a few hours every day to feel comfortable around people. Otherwise I feel tired and stretched. Like i've got nothing to say. I'm going A instead of E. But you can still call me ENTJ if you feel the need. :D

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Lol, a few days ago I'd been thinking about putting "A" in too. It's like wildfire!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is. But it's probably because many feel as if caught in the middle, between two things they aren't :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, a few days ago I'd been thinking about putting "A" in too. It's like wildfire!

I like to picture the A standing for something other than Ambivert, though... ;)

Think about it... lots of words start with A.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like to picture the A standing for something other than Ambivert, though... ;)

Think about it... lots of words start with A.

Like... "Arrrgh", "Atronach", "Arbeit!" and "Anal"?
I'm all for those! :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am not an ambivert.

I am an extrovert, through and through.

But I am an extrovert who appreciates, values and needs alone time, so in short, I am an extrovert who relishes her solitude. (Lol, see post count for proof :D)

I don't know any of y'all in real life so I can't tell or judge, but I do find there being a trend for many introverts to not like this aspect of themselves (for some odd reason), and who then attempt to rationalize to themselves why they aren't.

Most people aren't extremely introverted or extremely extroverted, so in theory, it would make sense that most people would fall somewhere in between these two extremes.

But, a caveat:

Like, let's say, heterosexuality, (not a perfect example, but it will do), I believe there are uber-homosexuals, bisexuals and uber-heterosexuals and everything in between.

But most people are *not* bisexual. Most people are either more straight or more gay.

I think that there are more introverts out there than extroverts.

And, um, lost my train of thought, sorry, :/

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
CaptainChick said:
I think that there are more introverts out there than extroverts.
Interesting, I thought more people tested as extravert than introvert.
However, I know of some people who are definitely introverted (more so than my ANTP self) who tested as extraverts.
Would you say that as much as 10% of the people who take the MBTI 'tweak' taking the test to make sure they test as extravert? I think that may be possible..