• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Florence Nightengale

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I spelled her last name right. What type was she?

gromit

likes this
I don't really know anything about her except she was like a famous wartime nurse.

My gut is telling me INFP...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading an online bio on Florence Nightingale, I'm thinking INFJ: warm, caring, idealistic, uncompromising, humanitarian; yet private, shy, doesn't care for the limelight.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Don't know anything about her besides the basics, really, but why not ISFJ?

Every famous 'caring' person needs to be INFP or INFJ.. lol

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Because I read the description of ISFJ before I posted the above, and decided that INFJ works better.

gromit

likes this

Yeah ISFJ is feasible too... I put INFP bc she was sort of bucking tradition, but ISFJs can do that too!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on Florence Nightingale: Letters from the Crimea, I'm changing my call to ISFJ.

"Whatever field she was to labour in in the future it was the past from which Florence Nightingale drew her inspiration. The source of her strength was in her identification with the dead: she dedicated her life in atonement for their needless sacrifice. 'I stand at the Altar of murdered men and while I live I fight for their cause'."

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I thought ISFJ but it said she was socially "awkward" and that isn't something usually associated with ISFJs, is it?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Social anxiety isn't type related.

I don't think anxiety and awkwardness are exactly the same thing. But, I'm unsure that's why I asked in the first place.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fairly convinced she's a J, and probably an I. Best guess would be ISFJ. Fe does not tend to be awkward, true, but I got more a sense from what is written of her that she was less awkward and more disinterested in upper-class society and social climbing, which displeased her parents and other members of the social circle she was born into, and she shunned attention. I wouldn't tend to think INFJ because she seemed to go about reform bit by bit and step by step, rather than having a single unifying vision and aiming for that. Practicalities and details were her forte, not a stumbling block, suggesting Si. Je also seems strong, and people-driven. Enneagram, maybe 1w2.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suspected she was an ISFJ if only because of how caring and detail oriented she was.

Thank you [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION].

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suspected she was an ISFJ if only because of how caring and detail oriented she was.

Thank you [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION].

Thank you for what? The stereotypes about being caring and detail oriented?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for what? The stereotypes about being caring and detail oriented?

She gave a big block of text right up there. Surely you see it?