• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing By Facebook Posts

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has anybody attempted to type a Facebook profile according to the kind of shit the user posts?

These posts can include anything from memes to rumors to politics to selfies to personal updates. I'm not talking about typing via the selfies themselves, just the people who constantly post selfies, e.g., James Franco.

Here are various examples from my FB wall this morning.

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Lucid Dreaming | The Mind Unleashed
luciddd.png

10500300_10152479750472866_520087844593274780_n.jpg

Top 15 Foods and Herbs to Cleanse Your Blood | EyesPopping.com

124b8b8b-cad0-4cc2-8e98-179e13b2ded8.jpg

10369688_10204160063389742_1992093056807515592_n.jpg

10255282_805631319482084_2526774215625731895_n.jpg

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] I think the things people post can give some insight to their types, some more than others. Based on your examples, I would have guessed either INFP or INTP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried that thing and it actually turned out to be pretty accurate. I was surprised.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I only post on facebook when I'm extremely political and angry, so my 'friends' tend to get the wrong impression :blush:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the thing that types you based on your facebook posts

Five Labs

It said I was
RESTLESS • RESERVED • EFFICIENT • CURIOUS • ANALYTICAL

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Five Labs

It said I was

Tried it. Not as accurate for me. :thinking:

ASSERTIVE • RESTLESS • ANALYTICAL • EFFICIENT • CONSISTENT

I guess all of them but efficient are true...but they're not the first qualities I would say about myself.

87% Extroversion - reasonable
25% Agreeableness - totally wrong
56% Conscientiousness - too much
83% Neuroticism - too much
46% openness - possibly. i'm more 50/50 or 60/40 in favor of openness.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Five Labs

It said I was

that's funny. here's mine.

inventive • friendly • sensitive • efficient • reserved
87% Openness
46% Extroversion
69% Agreeableness
62% Neuroticism
55% Conscientiousness

here's what it says about openness. i like it. :D

[h=2]Openness[/h] Appreciation for art, emotion, adventure, unusual ideas, curiosity, and variety of experience. Openness reflects the degree of intellectual curiosity, creativity and a preference for novelty and variety a person has. It is also described as the extent to which a person is imaginative or independent, and depicts a personal preference for a variety of activities over a strict routine

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
RESTLESS • ASSERTIVE • CURIOUS • ANALYTICAL • EASY GOING

84% extroversion (no lol why)
85% neuroticism
71% openness
43% conscientiousness
41% agreeableness

so SLueI? that's just my trollishness making me look ENTP.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Five Labs

It said I was
Interesting.

I got:

INVENTIVE • EASY GOING • ANALYTICAL • RESERVED • SENSITIVE

45% Extroversion
87% Openness
41% Agreeableness
32% Conscientiousness
52% Neuroticism

The key words I rather like because they are quite broad and capture me more entirely (plus they're kinda flattering :D ). The big 5 are a just a little off as I normally get lower on Extroversion and higher on Agreeableness, but overall pretty accurate.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
solitary • curious • efficient • secure • friendly

13% Extraversion
75% Openness
57% Agreeableness
64% Conscientiousness
36% Neuroticism

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Here's mine:

Solitary - inventive - spontaneous - restless - friendly

83% Openness
13% Extroversion
73% Agreeableness
79% Neuroticism
18% Conscientiousness

Interestingly hardly anyone I know or the suggested famous people have the same as mine, in fact just one. Is not a source of snowflake specialness though, as it seems to imply people of my nature rarely succeed. Although I doubt I'd accept it even if it did.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

What are you comparing this to with regards to it's inaccuracy?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] oh I just assumed it was accurate for highlander since it sounded like him to me.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] oh I just assumed it was accurate for highlander since it sounded like him to me.

I don't understand your answer, but maybe I wasn't clear, I was just curious about what you found about it's results to be inaccurate for yourself. Is it just a sense of identity, or knowing oneself differently?

Although I understand that people have different levels of awareness, I do wonder how people can actually measure that beyond just abstract concepts of what a self is. Or memory of specific reactions, which is very fallible.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't understand your answer, but maybe I wasn't clear, I was just curious about what you found about it's results to be inaccurate for yourself. Is it just a sense of identity, or knowing oneself differently?

Although I understand that people have different levels of awareness, I do wonder how people can actually measure that beyond just abstract concepts of what a self is. Or memory of specific reactions, which is very fallible.

Like I said, the words do fit (minus efficiency, since I can't even remember the last time I was concerned with what was efficient), they're just not the most prominent qualities I see in myself.

Using the definitions of agreeableness/neuroticism/etc, I gauged how much I see those qualities in myself.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Like I said, the words do fit (minus efficiency, since I can't even remember the last time I was concerned with what was efficient), they're just not the most prominent qualities I see in myself.

Using the definitions of agreeableness/neuroticism/etc, I gauged how much I see those qualities in myself.

Actually going back to this little tool, it's interesting, but after having looked at some friends I know quite well and going off my understanding of the big 5 definitions....it's not particularly accurate for many of them.

But then again it was inaccurate for me, it put me at 13% extraversion for example which so far makes me the least outgoing of my friends and that just isn't true and I doubt anyone else would say it was either; very few people think I'm introverted and if I experience myself as introverted it's more brought on by social-anxiety and a lifestyle that involves being at home a large amount of the time.

It could be that there aren't enough posts for an accurate reading though, I don't really post much on facebooks, it would probably give a better average from more posts. Although I don't know how it organises the information, possibly key words?

My understanding could be incorrect of course, but the big 5 are explained quite comprehensively.

*Edit* Looking through their descriptions of the big 5 factors, they give examples of words associated with the section.

Now I'm in disagreement with some of their words used but I can see now how the results might be skewed, I don't often post on facebook that I'm going out anywhere because I don't really see why it's anyone else's business nor why anyone would be interested, which a lot of the variations for their correlations with extraversion use.