• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Fe types how do you do on this test? What method do you use for it? (Other types too)

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OK, this started in another thread. I'm copying from there.

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] said this:

Firstly, to address the last question, he answered in the affirmative to my question on the thread, which posed whether or not he unconsciously draws in the emotions of others; unconsciously absorbing the emotional atmosphere to be interpreted in an Si manner (Fe-Si mechanism). Ergo, it explains the noticing of facial expressions (realize that you can "notice" something unconsciously, or much more accurately, subconsciously. Conscious Fe users would be more focused on actively reading facial expressions to ascertain emotions being displayed, whereas the Sub/unconscious Fe users can "pick-up" on the meaning of facial expressions passively without actively looking for them)

Then I linked this emotion reading test.

I tried this test before, I have weak Fe and still I score pretty high in it, actually higher than average (32 out of 36), but I suppose the strong Fe types would be doing this test more consciously. I just... looked at each face and to determine the feeling displayed, I often - instinctively - tried to mirror the feeling internally which has a really weak effect on me - those mirror neurons of mine don't seem to fire strongly -, so I was straining a bit to "lock onto" what I was feeling. It's just a really weak something that's hard to grasp. Nonetheless, I did manage to do quite well on the test. Unconscious Fe though, definitely, based on how I was doing the test.

I would be curious to hear from strong Fe types, how they do that test, how well they do on it, and if they feel all that shit consciously while taking the test or whatever other method they use consciously.

Of course, I'm also happy to hear about other types as well! :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not an Fe type (my listed type is both under my avi and in my sig for reference), but I got 31/36.

Noon

Score: 35/36

Half 'conscious cues' and half just 'slipping into their shoes' to guess.

á´…eparted

passages
SCORE: 26/36

This was difficult for me as for a lot of them I thought "not enough context". Others I thought "yeah I have fucking clue". At the end of the day I am about average at reading a persons emotions. Usually I pick it up, but sometimes I am clueless or flat out wrong. Could be from having Aspergers as a kid. Either way this didn't surprise me. What I am good at, is reading into social dynamics and social flow. More or less figuring out people as a group, not the individual. I'm also quite good at figuring out what makes a person tick, but that's past/future stuff. Present tense, eh, not so easy.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
30/36 some I picked up immediately, others took some guessing and reasoning about. How do I reason about an expression? I dunno. I also tried making the face and figuring out why I would make such a face. Seemed like the more I thought about any particular question the more likely I was to get it wrong.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate this test(have seen it before somewhere else), black and white low quality pictures doesent give what i need for analysis, i look at this sort of stuff from movements and collections of facial expressions and other mannerism rather than some one picture i get from one particular time.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
22/36

I'm not surprised at all. I never go by what people give me cosmetically.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got 32/36. My ENFP sister aced it.

PaperFromThePress

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get 28/36.

It makes sense to me, though that someone with Fi would be better at this test. Isn't Fi all about being able to internalize emotions, and empathize with others, experiencing them in a subjective, and personal way, where Fe is more objective about emotions, and more oriented towards influencing emotions rather than internalizing them?

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
30/36 I think that might depend more on intuition and intelligence. But I think I do have a good Fe. And I don't know how one could explain how he knows the right answer. :shrug:

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the responses & data. :)

Interesting...

The INFJs score best? :D

[MENTION=10654]Noon[/MENTION] haha like how you put it, "slipping into their shoes". Well that's what I called emotion-mirroring. I didn't use conscious cues, at all.

I get 28/36.

It makes sense to me, though that someone with Fi would be better at this test. Isn't Fi all about being able to internalize emotions, and empathize with others, experiencing them in a subjective, and personal way, where Fe is more objective about emotions, and more oriented towards influencing emotions rather than internalizing them?

Well mirroring of emotions is usually associated with Fe. With use of such mirroring, I don't experience them as personal, it's just simple "copying". In that sense the treatment of the emotion sounds more objective, yes. I can't say much about influencing of them, you'd have to ask a xxFJ about that I guess :D

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] did I hear that right? You had aspergers as a kid and "grew it out"? :shock:

á´…eparted

passages
Hard did I hear that right? You had aspergers as a kid and "grew it out"? :shock:

Well, that's how I experience it anyway. A psychologist told my mother that I had it, and it explained my weird behavior and social daftness. I outgrew it because it really don't get in the way of my life, and I'm actually rather socially adept now. I do have a bit of oddness about of me that appears at time, and I process emotions oddly, but outside of that it's not something that's easy to tell. I guess another way to put is I manage it quite well.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that's how I experience it anyway. A psychologist told my mother that I had it, and it explained my weird behavior and social daftness. I outgrew it because it really don't get in the way of my life, and I'm actually rather socially adept now. I do have a bit of oddness about of me that appears at time, and I process emotions oddly, but outside of that it's not something that's easy to tell. I guess another way to put is I manage it quite well.

Ok yeah you ENFJs are such special animals, you can deal even with Aspergers :p

Mind me asking what's odd about your emotion processing?

á´…eparted

passages
Ok yeah you ENFJs are such special animals, you can deal even with Aspergers :p

Mind me asking what's odd about your emotion processing?

I'll try and explain. When I feel things, they can over or under fire. I'll feel things long after I should, or not at all. Things that shouldn't trigger a response, such as a loud noise or w/e can make me feel very stressed, anxious, and need to leave the room. Even scared in some cases. Sensory input can be a bit uncomfortable but I've learned to adjust. Granted, I learned a few weeks ago that I have Bipolar II which colors this some, but my psychatrist said they mostly separate. I'm antsy with physical touch still. It can either freak me out, or be very comforting. I also will feel emotions that I have no idea what they are. They are this mishmash of things that I somewhat grasp at, but articulating it fails to capture it. My emotions can also turn into almost purely physical sensations, and disconnect from the initial thoughts that triggered it, rendering me at a big deficiency to mentally sort out my feelings. Over time things (usually) even out and go away.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
26/36

I've taken this before so I felt like i was cheating.

Kyora

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got 27/36 I didn't know some words so I kind of couldn't guess some of them (I answered the unlikely to the one I didn't know the word as I didn't want to get some rights without knowing it) :/ I guess I can't really read expression ^^' and I still don't know if I'm a Fi or a Fe :/

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
15/36

I found that very hard personally. I just guessed on most of them.