• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Best Online MBTI Personality Test - Free or Not Free

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What MBTI test out there do you think is the best?

My favorite is still the official Step 2 test. It costs money though. I attached a sample report as well as the portion of the manual from the CPP website.

View attachment MBTI Step 2 Report Example.pdf
View attachment MBTI_StepII_Man_Supp.pdf

I think there are several characteristics of a good one:

1. Accurate results
2. Robust profile description
3. Useful content provided in report

I like all three of those in the Step II.

I didn't find Step III to be especially useful.

Here are some links to where you can get the MBTI Step II assessment.

MBTI Test > MBTI Step II Profile | Career Assessment Site

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) - AnnHolm.net

Last edited:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Cool, thanks for these links:)

Octavarium

What MBTI test out there do you think is the best?

My favorite is still the official Step 2 test. It costs money though. I attached a sample report as well as the portion of the manual from the CPP website.

View attachment 11775
View attachment 11776

I think there are several characteristics of a good one:

1. Accurate results
2. Robust profile description
3. Useful content provided in report

Like all three of those in the Step II.

I didn't find Step III to be especially useful.

Thanks for posting! I assume that means you've taken both then? How was your experience of taking them? What about them was useful or not useful? No pressure to post anything about your results that's too personal, but I'd be very interested in anything you, or anyone else who's taken them, would be willing to share about how taking those tests has been helpful (or not helpful), what, if anything, you've learned about yourself from them, ETC. I'm still getting my head around the Step II facets, and I don't really know anything about Step III. I think it's a good idea to divide up each dichotomy into subfacets, but the ones they've got seem a bit too similar to each other. If anyone else is interested in learning more about Step II, the facet descriptions from the manual have been posted at PerC:
Extraversion / Introversion
Sensing / Intuition
Thinking / Feeling
Judging / Perceiving

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The step II is really insightful if you can afford the money. The price is quite steep though, around $100 USD. I was lucky in that I got to take it for much cheaper because I did it through a career counselor. If you don't want to pay money, you could just read the links above and get a pretty good idea of where you stand on these facet scales.

It did confirm my type as INTP with clear I and moderate NTP. In particular on the T/F scale, I scored towards tender rather than tough, which is more typical of F. Also in the middle on critical/accepting. I think that's interesting because the issues I have about doubting my T-ness at times center around tough/tender. I believe sometimes you have to make an exception to the rule. It's not okay to just go ahead and proceed with something if it's going to end up hurting a bunch of people. Also, regarding critical/accepting- I believe in the truth but it's important to be tactful about it and sandwich the negatives with the positives. I used to be a lot more critical when I was younger, through experience and liking to be criticized myself, I've tempered this tendency quite a bit.

I also got midzone scores on one of the E/I scales: Enthusiastic/Quiet. Makes sense- sometimes I like livelier settings, other times I just want my peace and quiet. Midzone on experiential/theoretical. This one surprised me a bit, I see myself as more theoretical but when I think about it, I do like to gain firsthand experience, and sometimes there is no substitute for experience and practice for really understanding something. Also midzone on realistic/imaginative. I love new ideas and imagining things but I'm also realistic enough to have one foot on the ground and do want ideas that are actually likely to work.

I was out of preference for early starting on J/P but I suspect I'm more in the middle as I do find it difficult to start way before the deadline and often need deadlines to get me motivated in the first place. But I hate working under pressure, too much of it makes me cranky and I like having time afterwards to check my work and do a quality job.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The one here is actually decent.

Last edited: