• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ's are disliked?

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
In fact, when I don't want people to lead they all seem to come in masses... and I'm like "Nah, I just want to do my own thing" and they end up asking me "please! you're the only one that could do it!"

hahah, i couldn't agree more...

...as an ENTJ the desire for leadership has always troubled me the most, i have always rebelled against it, and hate the thought of any position of leadership.

i have never even nominated for a school council position, for example...regardless of how many people suggest that i should...

i just never see myself as a "leader"

and yet control seems to come naturally...i need it, and when i don't have it...look out :p

for the most part i have some excellent friends who know how to deal with me, and my particular needs.

and INFJ in particular, practically my polar opposite, and yet we seem to understand each other. for this reason, we have a great relationship.

however, the relationship that demonstrates my control is that with my girlfriend. as an ENTP she is the most scarily spontaneous and out of control person i have ever met. and i am constantly in a state of confusion, and never know where i stand.

and you know what, I LOVE IT! i love not having the control, coz i have it in every other part of my life. the greatest attraction for me is the fact that she is teaching me how to let go of all that ENTJ control, and be happy without planning every single waking moment of my life!

and its good, coz i love that!

as ENTJ we don't plan because we want to plan,

we plan coz we NATURALLY HAVE TO DO IT!

AND WHEN WE DON'T, WE IMMEDIATELY BEGIN TO FEEL THE WORLD CRUMBLING!

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lets cut back with the "EMOTIONAL" aspects, and lets weight the "Logicality" against the "Social/Ethical" elements of an ENTJ's authoritative predominance.

1) ENTJ's, as for myself, have a natural tendency to assume authoritative prerogative ONLY IN WAKE OF CHAOS, IN FULFILLMENT OF A GOAL/ASPIRATION, WHEN ATTACKED, OR AS SEEN REQUIRED AT THEIR DISCRETION.

I have no interest in telling my friends what or what not to do -- as long as its not INCORRECT to an extreme degree. If they want to go to Applebee's instead Olive Garden, and after tugging at them a bit without success in changing their mind --- I THROW THEM THE BONE. Who cares what restaurant? As long as the food is good.

If my principles, goals, objectives are not compromised - IT WOULD BE STUPID for me to boss my friends around and compromise that relationship.

Thereto, we seek command 1) ONLY WHEN REQUIRED 2) IN FULFILLMENT OF A GOAL

2) BECAUSE OF THE ENTJ'S ABILITY TO NOT PUT EMOTIONS INTO ANYTHING, VISUALIZE IN LARGE AND LONG RANGE PERSPECTIVES, PURSUE OBJECTIVES EFFECTIVELY AND TO FULFILMENT ... THE FOLLOWING APPLIES

ENTJ's are not understood by many, and may seem TOO sophisticated or TOO CEOish. Therefore, your friends may see you more or less of like their "boss" instead of their "BFF"

DUE TO THIS, MANY OF THEIR SOCIAL LIVES SUCK, AND HAVE A ZILLION "AQUAINTANCES" BUT FEW CLOSE FRIENDS

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE THE GENERAL STATISTICS FOR ENTJ PERSONALITY TYPES:

* Among top 4 types in college GPA
* In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Working out/exercising
* Academic subjects preferred: English, science
* In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "People from a variety of backgrounds," and "International opportunities"
* Lowest of all types in liking work environments with "No expectation of extra hours" and "Toeing the line."
* Include "Independence and achievement" and "Clear structure" among top 3 desirable characteristics.
* Greatest work environment satisfiers are opportunities to use talents and contribute to society, job security, opportunities for learning and for accomplishment.
* In national sample, 1 of 2 types most satisfied with their work, where they work, and future work opportunities, unlikely to leave job, and among those with the highest income.
* With ESTJs, had the 2nd highest mean level of coping resources.
* Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using physical coping resources.
* In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to think of options."

ENTJ'S STARE LIFE IN THE FACE AND DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT TO MAKE OUT OF THEIR LIVES --- THEY DON'T STARE LIFE IN THE FACE AND LET LIFE MAKE WHAT IT WANTS OUT OF THEM

If you were born with this personality, only 1% - 2% of the population ...

Its a gift with a small burden

ENTJ's see life at a completely different spectrum than the 98% of other people --- They create the jobs, not take the jobs.

They live the life THEY WANT, NOT A LIFE CONSTRAINED WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF YOUR JOB'S SCHEDULED VACATION DATES

The only way to sabatoge an ENTJ is to make him work, confine him to a school, or bind him/her to mandatory obligations.

Otherwise, when they are left free to roam - they rip apart, thrive, break through and push themselves to the top ... just ask Bill Gates and Donald Trump

KDude

Your proclivity for ALL CAPS annoys me. My ENTJ shadow wants to kick your ass for that. ;D

Seriously though, I wish I knew more of you. Those of you I've gotten to know on here are cool (and funny!).

G

Glycerine

Lets cut back with the "EMOTIONAL" aspects, and lets weight the "Logicality" against the "Social/Ethical" elements of an ENTJ's authoritative predominance.

1) ENTJ's, as for myself, have a natural tendency to assume authoritative prerogative ONLY IN WAKE OF CHAOS, IN FULFILLMENT OF A GOAL/ASPIRATION, WHEN ATTACKED, OR AS SEEN REQUIRED AT THEIR DISCRETION.

I have no interest in telling my friends what or what not to do -- as long as its not INCORRECT to an extreme degree. If they want to go to Applebee's instead Olive Garden, and after tugging at them a bit without success in changing their mind --- I THROW THEM THE BONE. Who cares what restaurant? As long as the food is good.

If my principles, goals, objectives are not compromised - IT WOULD BE STUPID for me to boss my friends around and compromise that relationship.

2) BECAUSE OF THE ENTJ'S ABILITY TO NOT PUT EMOTIONS INTO ANYTHING, VISUALIZE IN LARGE AND LONG RANGE PERSPECTIVES, PURSUE OBJECTIVES EFFECTIVELY AND TO FULFILMENT ... THE FOLLOWING APPLIES

ENTJ's are not understood by many, and may seem TOO sophisticated or TOO CEOish. Therefore, your friends may see you more or less of like their "boss" instead of their "BFF"

DUE TO THIS, MANY OF THEIR SOCIAL LIVES SUCK, AND HAVE A ZILLION "AQUAINTANCES" BUT FEW CLOSE FRIENDS

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE THE GENERAL STATISTICS FOR ENTJ PERSONALITY TYPES:

* In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Working out/exercising
* In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "People from a variety of backgrounds," and "International opportunities"
* Lowest of all types in liking work environments with "No expectation of extra hours" and "Toeing the line."
* Include "Independence and achievement" and "Clear structure" among top 3 desirable characteristics.
* Greatest work environment satisfiers are opportunities to use talents and contribute to society, job security, opportunities for learning and for accomplishment.
* In national sample, 1 of 2 types most satisfied with their work, where they work, and future work opportunities, unlikely to leave job, and among those with the highest income.
* In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to think of options."

ENTJ'S STARE LIFE IN THE FACE AND DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT TO MAKE OUT OF THEIR LIVES --- THEY DON'T STARE LIFE IN THE FACE AND LET LIFE MAKE WHAT IT WANTS OUT OF THEM

ENTJ's see life at a completely different spectrum than the 98% of other people --- They create the jobs, not take the jobs.

They live the life THEY WANT, NOT A LIFE CONSTRAINED WITHIN THE PARAMETERS OF YOUR JOB'S SCHEDULED VACATION DATES

The only way to sabatoge an ENTJ is to make him work, confine him to a school, or bind him/her to mandatory obligations.

Otherwise, when they are left free to roam - they rip apart, thrive, break through and push themselves to the top ... just ask Bill Gates and Donald Trump
This seems to apply to the ENTJs I know but yeah I agree w/ KDude..... way to many caps. lol

Last edited:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Speaking as an ENTJ shadow... um... I mean, as an ENTJ!!, I would like to say that my WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS SO PURPOSEFULLY DISTRACTING that you won't even notice when I am taking over the world and known universe and declaring myself to be the queen of everything visible and invisible.
You may as well start practicing your kowtowing now!!!
:huh:

Your proclivity for ALL CAPS annoys me. My ENTJ shadow wants to kick your ass for that. ;D

Seriously though, I wish I knew more of you. Those of you I've gotten to know on here are cool (and funny!).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

GOOD GOD. And I thought I overdid the caps...

Otherwise, I agree with you. In fact, it's the way I look at life. We are in charge of our own futures. (Of course, not really "we", since I'm an entirely different type than you are.)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If the ENTJ is disliked, then those that dislike are born morons.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

Yes, you are special.

There are dozens of threads that address this same topic.

ENTJs, get a brain and figure out the answer on your own. This question does not demand particular high IQ and the answer is quite obvious.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm the smartest person I know...... Kidding, but I love myself. I'm aware of my gifted iq. I'm aware of my advanced intellect. I'm proud of my achievements. I've been up, I've been down, most important to me, is the knowledge acquired along the way.