• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Why do the IFPs generally suit longer hair?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a broad generalization, maybe it is, but it seems true; that IFPs, especially INFPs, generally suit longer hair (that's anything from about halfway covering the ears to down the back). Is it the soft and sensitive cheekbones? Is it the deep but brooding eyes? Or is it the mighty aura of the chosen prince that will sail on a viking ship and free the tower lady from the grey walls of a towering spire?

á´…eparted

passages
There isn't any basis for this, and it's nothing more than bad speculation. Appearance has absolutely nothing to do with type.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There isn't any basis for this, and it's nothing more than bad speculation. Appearance has absolutely nothing to do with type.

Lol yeah. It's just something I've picked up IRL from the few I know. It would be better if you could entertain the thought, but oh well. The centre of this pie is too cold.

Mysterious Stranger

MBTI Type
INFP
For what it's worth, I'm an INFP with unusually long hair who just happened to stumble across this site just now.

Last edited:

Graphite

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Appearance has nothing to do with type?

Apart from that, I'm here to break your theory - nothing but short hair looks decent on me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
For a girl I prefer short hair but procrastinate getting it cut til a wedding or a funeral or until I'm home and my mom is like do you want to get your hair cut? So maybe but I don't think all ifps are like thos

S

Society

let's see..
  • so that the 4s can increase the dramatic production value when a wind comes by.
  • they know the truth about why hairdressers want your hair, and it sickens them!
  • the ones with short hair escape reality, the ones with long hair get tugged back in.
  • so that they can have subjective alone time by covering their eyes with their hair.

L

LadyLazarus

We need something to chew on when we get nervous/hungry.

Seriously though, I fit this(soft face, emo "brooding" eyes, long hair) and I personally prefer long hair because I feel like short hair doesn't look good on me as well as because I've always had long hair, it's just what works for me/ what I am used to. The one time I cut it short it was a disaster, now the shortest I'll go is shoulder length.

The only other IFP I know is my INFP sister, who currently has as well as actually says she prefers short hair, as her hair is curly and hard to manage.

Anyway, I doubt all IFP's are this way, suiting certain hairstyles is more about face shape and facial features than anything, which I doubt is type related.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't found that to be the case. I've always had long hair, but 3 out of the 4 other INFPs I've known (all female) have cut their hair short.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an INFP with long hair... that Mom keeps telling me she will have cut short, because it's thinner and I keep losing strands of it. :cry:

I'm an INFP with long hair... that Mom keeps telling me she will have cut short, because it's thinner and I keep losing strands of it. :cry:

All Indian parents have unreasonable expectations of how thick their daughters' hair should be and keep threatening to cut it. Don't believe a word. It'll never happen.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All Indian parents have unreasonable expectations of how thick their daughters' hair should be and keep threatening to cut it. Don't believe a word. It'll never happen.

Okay :) thanks senza :hug:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put my foot in the door, Aladdin.

And on topic, it's no theory, it's just something I've noticed. I have yet to see an IxFP that suits short hair. Maybe there's a few around that have stronger jawlines, but on that note, you barely find it in these types of people seeing as they lack the 'judgement' their J quasi-identity or whatever its called in socionics has. I will have to source that, and god I predict I will be shat on with fury but I will find the source and bring light to this retarded thread.

And by long hair, I mean anything that is below covering the ears halfway. Like I said, softness and roundness is common among these people being melancholic/phlegmatic. There is at least a stereotype that IxFPs have rounded faces with longish hair anyway, so that says something about the way we portray these characters.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Appearance has nothing to do with type?

Apart from that, I'm here to break your theory - nothing but short hair looks decent on me.

[MENTION=21490]Graphite[/MENTION] --
Pardon the rudeness to another newbie, but is that an *earthworm* growing out of your avatar's neck? I'd say that even short hair would be a disaster...

Oh, and while I'm at it, welcome aboard. :hi:

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like having long hair, because I can hide behind it, it's more cozy, it's more good smell, and it looks prettier on me:p^^ INFP, most likely

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't think it relates to type, but I will always prefer having long hair over short. Easy answer: I don't look good with short hair. I have a round face, longer hair suits me better.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My I?FP daughter doesn't look good with long hair and she doesn't like it long. She looks adorable with short hair. Right now she's wearing it really short and dyed black (to match her prom dress). Her face is either a circle or square shape and she has a little bit of an overbite. She has always been . . . well, when she was little it was more like she was picking her costume for the day than getting dressed in the morning. That hasn't changed a lot.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put my foot in the door, Aladdin.

And on topic, it's no theory, it's just something I've noticed. I have yet to see an IxFP that suits short hair. Maybe there's a few around that have stronger jawlines, but on that note, you barely find it in these types of people seeing as they lack the 'judgement' their J quasi-identity or whatever its called in socionics has. I will have to source that, and god I predict I will be shat on with fury but I will find the source and bring light to this retarded thread.

And by long hair, I mean anything that is below covering the ears halfway. Like I said, softness and roundness is common among these people being melancholic/phlegmatic. There is at least a stereotype that IxFPs have rounded faces with longish hair anyway, so that says something about the way we portray these characters.

Wait, are you thinking mostly of guys when you equate 'long' hair with Fi? I ask because for women, hair that just hits the ears/below the ears is super short.

And, you talk about stronger jawlines which are more suited for short hair... but... that may be the case for guys, not so much for female stereotypes, where a woman with a strong jawline, and super short hair, would look more masculine (stereotypes only, of course), due to the strong jawline and associated perceptions / ideas of male and female beauty.

Edit: For myself, short hair (at/above ears) suits my facial structure/shape much better than longer hair. Incidentally, genetically, I have very thin hair, so long hair never really worked well for that reason also.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I took a pic to prove you wrong, but I look fat today so I'll let you believe you're right