User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 37 of 37

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm actually more P, in that diagram.

    Part of the reason I find the J vs P axis to be much more ambiguous/meaningless than it is often made out to be.

    There are some tendencies that can be derived from it, but, for the most part, it just tells you which of the first two functions is dominant, and which is auxiliary.
    The Socionics p and j are more direct in that they convey whether the dominant function is perceiving or judging, irrespective of whether it is extraverted or intraverted. But no new information wrt MBTIs P and J.

  2. #32
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    The Socionics p and j are more direct in that they convey whether the dominant function is perceiving or judging, irrespective of whether it is extraverted or intraverted. But no new information wrt MBTIs P and J.
    Just depends on how you look at it, actually...

    The MBTI J and P tell you the attitude of the first judging and first perceiving function, which they surmise is more important.

    Regardless, when I said "ambiguous/meaningless", I was referring to the effects on the individual of their last letter/function arrangement.

    When it comes to extroverts, J/j and P/p tell you A LOT; but for introverts it's much more ambiguous/meaningless.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Just depends on how you look at it, actually...

    The MBTI J and P tell you the attitude of the first judging and first perceiving function, which they surmise is more important.

    Regardless, when I said "ambiguous/meaningless", I was referring to the effects on the individual of their last letter/function arrangement.

    When it comes to extroverts, J/j and P/p tell you A LOT; but for introverts it's much more ambiguous/meaningless.
    Agreed.
    The headings J and P in the picture should perhaps be replaced by j and p.

  4. #34
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    The headings J and P in the picture should perhaps be replaced by j and p.
    Well, I don't think Socionics' interpretation is necessarily any more accurate.

    When it comes to J/j and P/p for introverts, I think each system has something meaningful to say.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, I don't think Socionics' interpretation is necessarily any more accurate.

    When it comes to J/j and P/p for introverts, I think each system has something meaningful to say.
    But it would better reflect the fact that you are more P in the picture (if that is the case), despite being J.

  6. #36
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    But it would better reflect the fact that you are more P in the picture (if that is the case), despite being J.
    Yeah, but I'm sort of a mix.

    I mean, you should see my desk: extremely organized.

    And I pretty clearly use a lot of Te, as anyone here will tell you.

    I just have a mix of "Jish" and "Pish" qualities, and that one happens to be Pish.

    I'm definitely more flexible and open to improvisation than one would expect from your stereotypical J.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  7. #37
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    8,642

    Default

    I have a very good sense of time and timing. Always have, always will.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you relate to your inside-out/outside-in doppelganger type?
    By ZNP-TBA in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 09:54 AM
  2. How do you relate to each instinct?
    By Stansmith in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM
  3. NJs how do you convince other people that to trust your Ni ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:10 PM
  4. How much do you relate to your type's profile?
    By Asterion in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
  5. [ISFP] ISFP, How much do you relate to these?
    By wolfy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO