• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] In general what type(s) are you most likely to butt heads with upon meeting them?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't take issues with introverts, but of all the people I butt heads with the vast majority of them are introvertsm it is just different thought processes, and the way I resolve conflict doesn't go over well with the ones I do butt heads with and there is still unresolved problems. Of the people I butt heads with the common theme is passivity, beating around the bush, unwillingness to voice their opinions directly, and not listening (i.e. doing the same thing despite it being wrong). I rarely meet extroverts that I cant at least even out with.
Interesting, I dislike those things too. Maybe strong Fe? I think introverts prefer to take more time to internally process conflict while resolving it.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree but I'm talking about the types that happen more often.

I realize that you're looking for patterns on disharmony, but there's a bigger picture than type alone. I believe that chemistry is something more difficult to grasp than how cognitive functions interact. Sorry if I went on a tangeant.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't take issues with introverts, but of all the people I butt heads with the vast majority of them are introvertsm it is just different thought processes, and the way I resolve conflict doesn't go over well with the ones I do butt heads with and there is still unresolved problems. Of the people I butt heads with the common theme is passivity, beating around the bush, unwillingness to voice their opinions directly, and not listening (i.e. doing the same thing despite it being wrong). I rarely meet extroverts that I cant at least even out with.

This what I'm referring to, thank you. I wasn't saying I butt heads with all ENTJs just that out of other types there's a higher probability

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I realize that you're looking for patterns on disharmony, but there's a bigger picture than type alone. I believe that chemistry is something more difficult to grasp than how cognitive functions interact. Sorry if I went on a tangeant.

I realize that. But what I'm talking about is probality between you and certain types. I know I can butt heads with any type. Just it happens more often with ENTJs. I know there's other factors

S

Stansmith

None. Although I've known some shitty ExTP's. It's usually the shameless, napoleon-complexed ones that bother me.

Sunny Ghost

Blatant hatred is usually felt from female ESTP's mostly. They seem to view me as weird and weak.

Some (not all) female ESFJ's can be cut throat. I think they view me as weird and socially inept.

Competitiveness often sensed from female ESFP's. But otherwise we're friendly and cordial. Generally have a lot of similarities and communicate easily and in a fun manner. Maybe that's what inspires the jealousy.

Over time with other ISFP's. Male and female. But it's never outright hatred. More like, we get in tifts and get annoyed with one another, then we're cool again the next day.

And I've had a couple of female IxTJ's of some sort dislike me for reasons I couldn't discern. Three in particular who I place in the INTJ category, but was never close enough to really know. I think they see me as bubbly in an obnoxious sort of way and self absorbed.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any type refusing to check in with reality makes me want to rip my hair out (and then their throat).

But in general, TPs because our line of thinking is so different. More ITPs than ETPs.

When there is an ITP I do get along with though, that relationship is very special. :wubbie:

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realize that. But what I'm talking about is probality between you and certain types. I know I can butt heads with any type. Just it happens more often with ENTJs. I know there's other factors

The question is more difficult to answer than I previously had thought. Which is strangely ironic, since I find myself butting heads almost every other day with at least one person. I guess it's become so routinely normal, that it's just another day at the ball park.

For example: I have this ENTJ friend that I've known since grade school. We see each other every week or other. He's always trying to convince me that his way is better than mine, and I have to consistently remind him that it's my choice, let me do it my way. What makes matters worse is when he's convincing me to do things he wouldn't even do himself. His famous words are,"do what I tell you, not what I do". I usually respond by saying it sounds more like the anthem for hypocrites anonymous.

As you can see, it's my own fault, he's trying to teach me something and I'm trying to teach him something in return (which is not to teach me anything). And I'm dumb enough to play along.

If I had to choose the types I butt heads with, and not necessarily do not get along with would be: ENTx, ESTP, xSxJ (except ISTJ, I'm usually in compliance with them). Butting heads sometimes keeps matters from getting mundane.

I guess I'm a masochist, after all. Which explains everything.

miss_hap

MBTI Type
eSTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
90% of females dislike me so the list could go on.. haha kidding..kind of :dry:

ESFJ women and I may be slow to warm up, or quick to burn out.
I find a hard time getting along with INTJ women for a reason I can't quite put my finger on, but I love INTJ men. I think I just have little experience with INTJ women. In general, a strong J rubs me the wrong way.

I don't understand all the hate on ESTP women, I think we can be misunderstood maybe by being too androgynous. I give everyone a chance, as they should me- mutual respect.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
90% of females dislike me so the list could go on.. haha kidding..kind of :dry:

ESFJ women and I may be slow to warm up, or quick to burn out.
I find a hard time getting along with INTJ women for a reason I can't quite put my finger on, but I love INTJ men. I think I just have little experience with INTJ women. In general, a strong J rubs me the wrong way.

I don't understand all the hate on ESTP women, I think we can be misunderstood maybe by being too androgynous. I give everyone a chance, as they should me- mutual respect.

I'm fine with ESTP women in general

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Usually Fs^^ Hahaha^^ Nope! I usually get along with Fs, as long as they're not some sobbing crybabies! Bahhhh... (My mom, but she has to have something:p). If they're kind of deep, I like them. If we can see each other without anyone else noticing^^ That's a connection, I think^^ Ts maybe... If they're arrogant, or there's something else I don't like about them. If I just get a weird feeling... Then I will try to stay away from them as much as possible.

buddy2eyes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
TJs are kind of irritating type for me... They're good when giving me advice and such but sometime they seem to be serious...too far serious, deeply thinking which won't be done.
(Some do worry too much about how thing could be done and such... They'd just sweep out finding the way then do it as what they want and feel without thinking sometime...)

STJs are bothersome and so fussy, NTJs are thinking too much.

I don't like bossy Es as well. Just let me go arrrrgh Orzlll

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJs, ENFJs, ISTJs, INTPs, ENTPs.

EDIT: I also have trouble with ENFPs, but we don't butt heads. It's more just a slow tension that smolders into them irritating me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NTJs and ISTJs

perhaps ENFJs, on rare occasions.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
All the FPs are a bit too emotional for me, whereas INTPs are the other way, it's like talking to a computer until you get onto gender roles and they go ape shit lol. Sensors feel weird to talk to, like they don't understand what I'm saying, they speak and act differently, but I avoid them mostly...

Other NJ types are easy to talk to, I prefer being around them to other people.