• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverts and Introverts and how much they enjoy/enjoyed the bar/club scene?

Did you/do you like the bar/club scene?

• Total voters

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'll echo what the other PM said as far as atmosphere of bars and clubs.

Sometimes I find all the unsavory things about bars/clubs people have complained about as my main reasons of wanting to go. I like the sticky floors, loud music (ya feel it in your CHEST!), yelling, and all the people bumping and crowding me. Not that I want to be groped but it's fun to say and do outrageous things (up to a certain point) to people in that environment. I've got a lot of great stories from my late night, drunken galavanting. It's fun.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Moved to MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm introverted and I usually dislike the club and bar scene. But if I'm with friends I usually enjoy it but only if I have alcohol in me, so I have to have a few drinks before leaving my apartment. I also hate and love people simutanously. And that is not a contradiction even though it may sound like it.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like bars and clubs because they are usually too noisy to carry on a good conversation. Also they usually don't play music that I like.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
There can be a lot of difference between a cozy dive bar and a nightclub with loud, obnoxious music and patrons. I sometimes like the former but have long outgrown the latter.

edit:
Borderline intro/extrovert

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll echo what the other PM said as far as atmosphere of bars and clubs.

Sometimes I find all the unsavory things about bars/clubs people have complained about as my main reasons of wanting to go. I like the sticky floors, loud music (ya feel it in your CHEST!), yelling, and all the people bumping and crowding me. Not that I want to be groped but it's fun to say and do outrageous things (up to a certain point) to people in that environment. I've got a lot of great stories from my late night, drunken galavanting. It's fun.

I have an ENFP friend who seems to feel the same way. But there is really a total lack of identification for me when it comes to this.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
haha me and Oso. :shock:

When I was between the ages of 18-24 i really enjoyed going out. I would be very anxious upon arrival (to the club) but after a couple of drinks woohoo! there was one bar in coconut that I loved called the village inn. The restaurant was at street level and the bar was in the basement. They had a band whose name i can't remember (alzheimers) that I was crazy about. I always asked the lead singer to sing 10,000 maniacs and the drummer, Paul Deacon eventually became drummer for the Mavericks. We also used to hang out at a place on South Beach called Scratch. Any celeb who happened to be in town always stopped by because they knew no one would harass them there.

I prefer staying home now with the rare occasional getting together with friends for drinks. Plus I'm too old. This clip from Knocked Up is me if I were to try and get into a club today. :laugh:

[youtube=-8FlE8UG3-k]You Old[/YOUTUBE]

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm either an ambivert or an introvert in denial and I enjoy the bar/club scene.
It's a not-so-bad place to meet chicks. :D
Yay! I'm in the same group as Jen & Oso!

file cabinet

I am an introvert..

bar scene... generally speaking the dive bars seem to have a better atmosphere since not everyone is trying to dress to impress. If I'm out with a group of people, the bar doesn't really matter as much since it is the people I am with who help make or break the night.

club scene... I like going to clubs that have DJ's spinning electronica music I like and can dance to. First Ave is a local club that has a great dance night every Saturday. Occasionally I find out about all night dance events which are louder, crazier and hotter (these events always seem to have poor ventilation..). So, for the clubs, it mostly comes down to the music and dancing.

when I first started going to clubs, I didn't really like it all that much. finding places that had music I liked mostly changed that opinion.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
bar scene... generally speaking the dive bars seem to have a better atmosphere since not everyone is trying to dress to impress. If I'm out with a group of people, the bar doesn't really matter as much since it is the people I am with who help make or break the night.

I agree with this

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an extrovert, but I hate loud noises. I HATE clubs- I don't like to dance and I strongly dislike it when strangers dare touch me. I'm not a fan of bars that are too loud to talk in or highly "modern and sophisticated" either.

On the other hand, there's nothing better than finding a nice hole in the wall dive to frequent with your friends every week for social hour(s)- somewhere where you can get into great debates or conversations over you drinks and perhaps even challenge one another to pool.

In other words, I'm not sure which option to choose from above :thinking:... I love some bars, but I HATE the club scene!

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In other words, I'm not sure which option to choose from above :thinking:... I love some bars, but I HATE the club scene!

I agree with you. Bars and clubs are totally different.

I'd never go into a bar by myself. But if I went with a couple friends I'd probably have a great time.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are nice in moderation, ^_^

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an extrovert, but in bar/club situations I become extremely shy and quiet because I do not feel comfy. In other situations, such as teaching large groups and participating in group settings other than bars/clubs, I feel great. Like large groups at someone's house. Or a large wedding where the atmosphere is nice. Or small chit-chat groups in front of the fireplace over a nice bottle of red wine. That is why I always answer '2-3' out of 4-5 when I have to answer questions like that.

Bars and clubs are definitely NOT my thing, though. There are other ways to party that are much more fun. :party2:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an extrovert, but I hate loud noises. I HATE clubs- I don't like to dance and I strongly dislike it when strangers dare touch me. I'm not a fan of bars that are too loud to talk in or highly "modern and sophisticated" either.

On the other hand, there's nothing better than finding a nice hole in the wall dive to frequent with your friends every week for social hour(s)- somewhere where you can get into great debates or conversations over you drinks and perhaps even challenge one another to pool.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i love clubs

i love how u can seduce a woman without even talkin after u start dancing together

so little effort. lol i mean u just have fun dancing and getting hot flashes on the dance floor! its like they turn into silly putty if u can groove vibes together.

this is why if i ever have a daughter, i will never let her go clubbing.

what if she met some guy like me? hellzzzzzzzzzzz nah!

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I picked 'like' because, well, I've gone clubbing about once a month on average since I was 18; I guess that means I like it. :D A qualification is that I only go to clubs within my particular subculture where I enjoy the music and know many of the other regulars. I go partly to attend concerts, partly to dance and partly to see people in an informal environment.

... Hmm, come to think of it, why am I not at a club right now? Should've seen this thread earlier tonight. :doh:

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
Introvert here. I can tell you I'm too old to be standing out on Cahuenga waiting to get into whatever the latest hottest club is. I don't want to pay a cover either. If I'm going to hear a band that's one thing, but like no-name dj or standard entrance fee, yeah, no thanks.

When I was younger, I'd wait outside in the snow w/no coat on because it'd be such a hassle to have inside. Man, how nuts.

I used to love to go dancing. Stevie B, Lisa Lisa, freestyle, I was all over that sh#t. I'd go to metal bars. Wasn't too into new wave, early alt but if the place had cheap beer, we'd give it a try.

The whole concept then, (and sadly even now), of having game was completely lost on me. I just knew if I was going out more I'd be more in a groove once I got there. I was really crap at starting convos but once the first few lines were out of the way I found I'd have some satisfying exchanges.

That's kinda how it is now in a way. I really rarely get out though. Generally it's been w/someone I haven't seen in a long while so convo never ventures past our table. I tend to like the energy of a loud somewhat crowded bar. I would like a place to sit! Mostly, I'll go to sports bars or at least places where I can watch a game. There are times I'd like it on the dull side so I can chill at the bar w/my beer. I also like standard symmetrical pint glasses. Decorative designs, like folds in the glass not painting on the glass, kinda kills it for me. I'm not that finicky but just for preferable experience.

EDIT: I guess I should say, I could go and enjoy myself but then there's another whole "scene" aspect I could definitely do without!

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
then i figured i might as well ask the introverts as well :) . I like meeting and talking to new people...but i often find that the type of people who are attracted to the bar/club scene are just not the kinds of people i tend to enjoy. I also usually find the level of conversation not what i enjoy either.

I also sometimes dont really like "parties" for the same reasons as above ^... )

I agree..I always felt, and still feel, somehow disassociated from most others in the bar/party scene.

I'm always totally out of my element when it comes to just 'meeting people' and mingling and such, and found that whole element of it pretty distasteful -- but if I'm with a group of friends, or a few people I know, I'm much more comfortable and can just relax, drink, people-watch, and have a fun time. I don't typically do a huge amount of talking anyway. But a huge aspect of why I liked the bar scene in college was that I ***loved*** dancing. I just had a hard time finding enough people who wanted to go as often as I did, who I *also* happened to get along with personality-wise. :-( My personality doesn't tend to mesh well with the club scene, so it's rather at odds with the dancing crowd. In general. But if I'm with a friend or two, I have a great time.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
No big surprises here - introvert and never have been into the bar/club thing. Actually, not sure I've ever even set foot anywhere that might be considered a "club" - the whole idea just makes me cringe. Just not my sort of scene, for many reasons. Crowds, noise, lots of drinking - even a mild one's too much for me. I can do the bar thing in small doses if it's more of a restaurant-type atmosphere with friends. Anyway, no real surprises here.