• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe Gone Wild! :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone out there have situations where your Fe goes wild?

Mine is when I'm grading student work. I hate, hate, the judgmental feeling of taking little points off, so I tend to just say, "Super job, Susie", and other such things. Grading also requires I have a glass of wine because it is that painful for me to do. I am really organized as a teacher and my presentation of information is organized and complete. I also have zero surprises for students because everything is planned before the first day of class. When I teach, I can feel every anxiety of every student, so I try to keep things as easy-going and happy as possible. I also see all my students as smart and wonderful and believe any excuses they give me for missing assignments. Points for everyone! Woo-hoo!

So, when does your Fe go wild?

V

violaine

I overextend myself all over the place. Though, I am much better at putting up boundaries than I used to be. Not so prone to saying a reflexive yes to anything anyone asks of me because their needs and feelings feel more important than mine.

I still go to a lot more social things that I don't particularly want to go to and then dread the impending interruption and performance for the entire time before I go. I always end up having a good time, but saying yes reflexively seems to rob me of actual desire to go.

I make lots of great first connections with people, like fireworks, that I really feel and want to maintain, but cannot. I'm great on the front end, absolutely dreadful beyond that except for about two close friends. Who def think I'm terrible about keeping things up.

I ping my partner to feel out his moods. Or anticipate him, like I'm solving a puzzle. He can feel it and he has mentioned it a few times. I often don't know I'm doing it. I don't want to do it, it's got to be annoying as anything, I'm sure. Esp because I then go and act on what it is I (think I) am detecting. :ack!: Fortunately, he isn't bothered by it, he thinks it's interesting but knows I want to work on being more aware of when I'm doing this.

Last edited:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pretty much always. I'm not really sure it has an off switch. That might be handy...

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kind of like right now when I feel like I've been too passive in my relationships i start listening to a lot of metal and wearing black. Maybe that's when my Si goes crazy actually.

Fe is always a kind of controlled explosion for me, I try to keep my expressions from being too sudden and random because it freaks people out.

Jaguar

Anyone out there have situations where your Fe goes wild?

Mine is when I'm grading student work. I hate, hate, the judgmental feeling of taking little points off, so I tend to just say, "Super job, Susie", and other such things. Grading also requires I have a glass of wine because it is that painful for me to do. I am really organized as a teacher and my presentation of information is organized and complete. I also have zero surprises for students because everything is planned before the first day of class. When I teach, I can feel every anxiety of every student, so I try to keep things as easy-going and happy as possible. I also see all my students as smart and wonderful and believe any excuses they give me for missing assignments. Points for everyone! Woo-hoo!

So, when does your Fe go wild?

If you see them all as smart and wonderful, what is the impetus to improve anything? :thinking:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I obviously can't answer for fia (but watch me go ahead and try anyway), is it "improving" a flower to be keenly aware of how much sunlight and water it needs to bloom? I mean, I guess it is- but there's a difference between "improving" by being aware of how much sun and water to provide for that seedling to fully self actualize vs. "improving" by explaining to the seedling exactly what it should bloom into. I get the impression fia was speaking to the former, not the latter.* It's important for children to feel like the adults they look up to see them as smart and wonderful- because they will think of themselves what adults reflect back to them, and the cumulative messages we get during childhood stick around for us to battle for the rest of our lives if they aren't positive.

*As hard as it may be for Fi types to digest, Fe types ARE capable of recognizing that difference.** :newwink:

**[Postscript not directed at Jaguar.]

/let Fe go wild by responding to post directed at somone else, maybe

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you see them all as smart and wonderful, what is the impetus to improve anything? :thinking:
Self improvement to be even smarter and even more wonderful. If you never get a taste of success and bliss, what is the impetus to improve anything? I model what they have the capacity inside to become, and when I work with students individually, I've had children win international composition awards, compose operas, ballets, as well as virtuosic piano pieces. People become what you show them they can be.

I see competition as fundamentally irrational, as a social construct of image, of only holding value in the context of subjective ego, of losing a sense of self by placing the focus of judgment outside of oneself.