• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Voice tone and cognitive functions

Aleria

I related to my top 4 functions... I think...

EDIT: Asked my mother and my boyfriend they pointed me with Si, Fi, Ne and Te characteristics (no particular order there), really. Pretty eerie as they don't know about MBTI.

G

garbage

Huh. Cool chart. Even if it didn't line up with cognitive functions, it'd still be a cool way to categorize speech patterns.

In lectures where (a) I supplement with PowerPoint and (b) speak to 10+ people rather than one-on-one, I know that my tone is a lot like those Ni, Fe, and Te bumps. It's all meandering and flowy and calm; with the pattern suggesting a point and then clearly making it. ..and then circling and emphatically drawing arrows that point to it. .. and then on to the next one.

In other contexts/situations, such as a one-on-one, any aside from Ne, Se, and Si could fit.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm amazed that anyone has been able to type themselves with this. I have no idea what my voice sounds like.

But since other people have been posting... Here's my recording from the accent thread.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s10s6xqqO4Tk

Have at it?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm amazed that anyone has been able to type themselves with this. I have no idea what my voice sounds like.

But since other people have been posting... Here's my recording from the accent thread.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s10s6xqqO4Tk

Have at it?

I'm bad at nuances in speech, but I feel like Si

no one has figured out mine: I feel like Ne but I'm the worst judgement maker when it comes to myself. I also feel like I'm being more expressive and speak faster but people often inform me that i'm not very expressive and i talk slow.

Aleria

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I related to my top 4 functions... I think...

EDIT: Asked my mother and my boyfriend they pointed me with Si, Fi, Ne and Te characteristics (no particular order there), really. Pretty eerie as they don't know about MBTI.

Mine always pointed towards INTP the few times I managed to pique their interest for 5 minutes. Not so eerie, as it isn't remotely accurate.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sound Te>Ne, so ESTJ :tongue:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sound Te>Ne, so ESTJ :tongue:
More ESTJ than me, apparently. :laugh: Seems like I sound Si>Te, from what people have been saying.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been told that I have a flat voice, so Te, I guess? When I get excited there are random bursts of Ne.

I'm too cowardly and self-conscious to do a recording...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I'm not sure about the Te flat voice thing? Doesn't explain the famed INTP monotone.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^ I'm not sure about the Te flat voice thing? Doesn't explain the famed INTP monotone.

True... I guess I was equating a flatness with a dry tone of voice.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
True... I guess I was equating a flatness with a dry tone of voice.
Ah! That makes sense. My delivery is very dry as well.

I still wonder why the INTP monotone is left unaccounted for...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oooh this is kind of fascinating! i think that fits for both ne and fi