• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Thinking vs Feeling

Doomkid

As aggravating is that emotional reason may be, is less depressing than the possibility that they're just incapable of logic due to sheer lack of intellect. I'm trying to be generous here.

I'm not trying to call anyone dumb...damn maybe I'm starting to fall into the sensing vs intuition thing, but intuition is not related to logic as far as I know

gromit

likes this
Believe me: there is a class of person that sees evidence and changes belief thusly, and there is a class of person that sees evidence and presumes some foolery underlies it.

I don't know if it's indicative of anything type related (it is), but some variation of the mind is at play.

...and some people who don't even see the contradictory evidence, only that which supports their viewpoint. Probably all people to some extent, but maybe some people more than others.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not trying to call anyone dumb...damn maybe I'm starting to fall into the sensing vs intuition thing, but intuition is not related to logic as far as I know

I was trying to avoid that myself but alas, it can't be helped.

Where did I link Intuition and Logic?

Doomkid

I was trying to avoid that myself but alas, it can't be helped.

Where did I link Intuition and Logic?

no that wasn't you that was me...nevermind that, but getting back on the subject of Thinking vs Feeling let me show why I think we can't put everyone in the same category:

1. sensitive people.........thick skinned people (that is one dichotomy)

2. logical people...............ilogical/instinctive people (that is another dichotomy)

so sensitive pople can be either logical or instinctive and thick skinned same thing

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no that wasn't you that was me...nevermind that, but getting back on the subject of Thinking vs Feeling let me show why I think we can't put everyone in the same category:

2. logical people...............ilogical/instinctive people (that is another dichotomy)

so sensitive pople can be either logical or instinctive and thick skinned same thing

Your mistaking sensitivity for emotional drive. I'm the most sensitive person I know (4w3 :peepwall:), but I still go with my head when making a decision.

Thinkers will opt for logic or other reasonings, Feelers go with their gut or with their hearts.

Doomkid

Your mistaking sensitivity for emotional drive. I'm the most sensitive person I know (4w3 :peepwall:), but I still go with my head when making a decision.

Thinkers will opt for logic or other reasonings, Feelers go with their gut or with their hearts.

so you're saying INTJ can be sensitive people? that's hard for me to grasp...how can I know for sure if I'm a thinker or not?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so you're saying INTJ can be sensitive people? that's hard for me to grasp...how can I know for sure if I'm a thinker or not?

JESUS, you're joking, right?

You have to identify how you make your choices. Is it based on the most efficient and smart decision or based on what makes you feel good, what you're most comfortable with? That's a simplification, of course.

How long have you been studying MBTI?

Doomkid

JESUS, you're joking, right?

You have to identify how you make your choices. Is it based on the most efficient and smart decision or based on what makes you feel good, what you're most comfortable with? That's a simplification, of course.

How long have you been studying MBTI?

for a little more than 2 years now, unfortunately most people can't relate to what I'm saying

btw: another problem that I have is that you say this like everyone should know, but many people would disagree with you in this forum, so there is no consent among people specially when it comes to Thinking and Feeling

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for a little more than 2 years now, unfortunately most people can't relate to what I'm saying

btw: another problem that I have is that you say this like everyone should know, but many people would disagree with you in this forum, so there is no consent among people specially when it comes to Thinking and Feeling

Why woud that be? If most people can't relate to what you are saying either a) you're wrong or b) you're unskilled at expressing yourself.

Anyone who has a medium grasp at MBTI would know very well how the T/F dichotomie works. We may disagree about it effectiviness and discuss how to better determine which process people are using, but the definitions are common knowledge.

There is no conscensus about anything related to psychological typing because it's all unproven theories.

rav3n

that's another bullshit, the hierarchy order that for example ISTJ shadow would be an ESTP, but let's live this for another thread

btw: you don't need to explain me dominant auxiliary tertiary and inferior functions, I'm aware of those
Based on your responses to me, I really, really need to explain JCF to you. Fortunately, I'm tired of your attitude so I won't bother. But my advice is to learn some stuff before you open your mouth use your fingers.

Doomkid

Based on your responses to me, I really, really need to explain JCF to you. Fortunately, I'm tired of your attitude so I won't bother. But my advice is to learn some stuff before you open your mouth use your fingers.

sorry, but you started it

Doomkid

For posting in your thread?

It's always the way. Feelers rejecting Jung's theories because they don't like their type.

you started when you tried to school me on the functions assuming that I didn't know, I'm tired of these copy and paste bullshit, and I'm not even gonna comment on you being condescending agaisnt feelers, your mask just dropped right there

rav3n

you started when you tried to school me on the functions assuming that I didn't know, I'm tired of these copy and paste bullshit, and I'm not even gonna comment on you being condescending agaisnt feelers, your mask just dropped right there
Bizarre. Feeler freak out. Time to exit, stage left.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A dichotomy does not require mutual exclusivity. Many definitions of the term are along the lines of "a difference between two opposite things : a division into two opposite groups". Thinking and feeling can be seen as two such groups, opposites, but not mutually exclusive; each of us has some of each, much as the yin and yang. The degree to which we prefer one over the other falls on a continuum, as do the distinctions below.

Doomkid

A dichotomy does not require mutual exclusivity. Many definitions of the term are along the lines of "a difference between two opposite things : a division into two opposite groups". Thinking and feeling can be seen as two such groups, opposites, but not mutually exclusive; each of us has some of each, much as the yin and yang. The degree to which we prefer one over the other falls on a continuum, as do the distinctions below.

ok, cool I got that and I agree, my problem is with the descriptions about thinking a feeling we find all over the internet including official mbti site http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/thinking-or-feeling.asp