MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247 five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Extroverted Loops

So we hear about introverted loops a lot (or I do). But as an extrovert, I know I have experienced Ne/Te loops.

What are your experiences with extroverted loops?

How do they compare to their introverted counterparts?

For me, I feel like Ne/Te loops can actually help me get shit done and break out of my usual state of thinking and waffling.

Share all of your related (and unrelated if you wish) thoughts here!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    So we hear about introverted loops a lot (or I do). But as an extrovert, I know I have experienced Ne/Te loops.

What are your experiences with extroverted loops?

How do they compare to their introverted counterparts?

For me, I feel like Ne/Te loops can actually help me get shit done and break out of my usual state of thinking and waffling.

Share all of your related (and unrelated if you wish) thoughts here!
    My friend is an ENFP, and she almost seems like some sort of manic inventor when she's stuck in a loop. She just goes and goes and goes and is terrified of coming down, and then she crashes and burns. I don't really know or hear much about these loops though, good thread topic.

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247 five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    My friend is an ENFP, and she almost seems like some sort of manic inventor when she's stuck in a loop. She just goes and goes and goes and is terrified of coming down, and then she crashes and burns. I don't really know or hear much about these loops though, good thread topic.
    haha, 'manic inventor' is a pretty good description. i always think of Water Boy "visualize and attack" when i get in that mode.

i don't really feel terrified of coming down i wouldn't say. i definitely try to take advantage of it when it strikes. since i work best in bursts of energy, i'm aware that it's kinda my chance to knock stuff out and i want to like get it all done while i'm feeling motivated. but i do feel like i kind of zone out in a way, get hyper-focused, and can do things with precision and inspiration that is usually just an ability i'm aware of in a distant way when it's not engaged.

the 'crash' afterwards is usually just indulging in Fi. since it's neglected in the loop, i suddenly get really reflective and stuff for a period of time to try to realign myself with my values and direction. i can really enjoy both states very much.

do you think you ever have experienced an Fi/Si loop? that would be interesting to hear about.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i much prefer the ne/te loops to the fi/si ones.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I don't think I have ever been in a Fe/Se loop. There have been a few times where I might have been, but I'll be honest I am not entirely sure what one would look like. When I am stressed/depressed my natural inclination is to hermit and sulk.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I'm pretty familiar with the Fe/Ne loop, especially if I'm dealing with unfamiliar territory and my Si leaves the building. I get really stuck on evaluating all possible outcomes and how they will affect the people involved.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

To here knows when... Odi et Amo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I think I was just in an Fe/Se loop tonight. I was mediating a conflict and I felt totally attuned to it and was able to communicate with clarity the emotions that the two conflicting parties were feeling. I don't think they happen very frequently though, at least personally. They're nice when they arrive.
    Solitude
    Comes just as it goes
    Goes as just its umbra
    Comes

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
    ― Albert Camus

4w5/5w4/1w2, Neutral Good, RlxAI

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I'm in a bit of a Fe/Ne loop, I start to panic when I have too much responsibility, I know what the right thing to do is, but I can't bring myself to do it so I just worry a lot and do nothing.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    haha, 'manic inventor' is a pretty good description. i always think of Water Boy "visualize and attack" when i get in that mode.

i don't really feel terrified of coming down i wouldn't say. i definitely try to take advantage of it when it strikes. since i work best in bursts of energy, i'm aware that it's kinda my chance to knock stuff out and i want to like get it all done while i'm feeling motivated. but i do feel like i kind of zone out in a way, get hyper-focused, and can do things with precision and inspiration that is usually just an ability i'm aware of in a distant way when it's not engaged.

the 'crash' afterwards is usually just indulging in Fi. since it's neglected in the loop, i suddenly get really reflective and stuff for a period of time to try to realign myself with my values and direction. i can really enjoy both states very much.
    Interesting. It appears I have misjudged what is happening internally. The part about visualize and attack made me laugh. My friend gets pretty scary when she's using that Ne-Te combo. GET OUT OF HER WAY. It's like a mischievous fairy wielding a sledgehammer. Doesn't last super long though, because the fairy's arms get tired. Sometimes I think I'm an ENFP myself, but I have no Te.

do you think you ever have experienced an Fi/Si loop? that would be interesting to hear about.
    Yes. When I'm in a good loop, I feel so balanced, relaxed, centered, etc. When I'm in a bad loop, I am lying face down on the floor, flashing back to every crappy thing that has ever happened to me.

My Ne-Te loop would me just getting really hyper and then blurting out some really absurd, blunt things. I'm not sure, really. I dunno how well I understand loops.