• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Extroverted Loops

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So we hear about introverted loops a lot (or I do). But as an extrovert, I know I have experienced Ne/Te loops.

What are your experiences with extroverted loops?

How do they compare to their introverted counterparts?

For me, I feel like Ne/Te loops can actually help me get shit done and break out of my usual state of thinking and waffling.

Share all of your related (and unrelated if you wish) thoughts here!

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
So we hear about introverted loops a lot (or I do). But as an extrovert, I know I have experienced Ne/Te loops.

What are your experiences with extroverted loops?

How do they compare to their introverted counterparts?

For me, I feel like Ne/Te loops can actually help me get shit done and break out of my usual state of thinking and waffling.

Share all of your related (and unrelated if you wish) thoughts here!

My friend is an ENFP, and she almost seems like some sort of manic inventor when she's stuck in a loop. She just goes and goes and goes and is terrified of coming down, and then she crashes and burns. I don't really know or hear much about these loops though, good thread topic.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friend is an ENFP, and she almost seems like some sort of manic inventor when she's stuck in a loop. She just goes and goes and goes and is terrified of coming down, and then she crashes and burns. I don't really know or hear much about these loops though, good thread topic.

haha, 'manic inventor' is a pretty good description. i always think of Water Boy "visualize and attack" when i get in that mode.

i don't really feel terrified of coming down i wouldn't say. i definitely try to take advantage of it when it strikes. since i work best in bursts of energy, i'm aware that it's kinda my chance to knock stuff out and i want to like get it all done while i'm feeling motivated. but i do feel like i kind of zone out in a way, get hyper-focused, and can do things with precision and inspiration that is usually just an ability i'm aware of in a distant way when it's not engaged.

the 'crash' afterwards is usually just indulging in Fi. since it's neglected in the loop, i suddenly get really reflective and stuff for a period of time to try to realign myself with my values and direction. i can really enjoy both states very much.

do you think you ever have experienced an Fi/Si loop? that would be interesting to hear about.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i much prefer the ne/te loops to the fi/si ones.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't think I have ever been in a Fe/Se loop. There have been a few times where I might have been, but I'll be honest I am not entirely sure what one would look like. When I am stressed/depressed my natural inclination is to hermit and sulk.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty familiar with the Fe/Ne loop, especially if I'm dealing with unfamiliar territory and my Si leaves the building. I get really stuck on evaluating all possible outcomes and how they will affect the people involved.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I was just in an Fe/Se loop tonight. I was mediating a conflict and I felt totally attuned to it and was able to communicate with clarity the emotions that the two conflicting parties were feeling. I don't think they happen very frequently though, at least personally. They're nice when they arrive.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm in a bit of a Fe/Ne loop, I start to panic when I have too much responsibility, I know what the right thing to do is, but I can't bring myself to do it so I just worry a lot and do nothing.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
haha, 'manic inventor' is a pretty good description. i always think of Water Boy "visualize and attack" when i get in that mode.

i don't really feel terrified of coming down i wouldn't say. i definitely try to take advantage of it when it strikes. since i work best in bursts of energy, i'm aware that it's kinda my chance to knock stuff out and i want to like get it all done while i'm feeling motivated. but i do feel like i kind of zone out in a way, get hyper-focused, and can do things with precision and inspiration that is usually just an ability i'm aware of in a distant way when it's not engaged.

the 'crash' afterwards is usually just indulging in Fi. since it's neglected in the loop, i suddenly get really reflective and stuff for a period of time to try to realign myself with my values and direction. i can really enjoy both states very much.

Interesting. It appears I have misjudged what is happening internally. The part about visualize and attack made me laugh. My friend gets pretty scary when she's using that Ne-Te combo. GET OUT OF HER WAY. It's like a mischievous fairy wielding a sledgehammer. Doesn't last super long though, because the fairy's arms get tired. Sometimes I think I'm an ENFP myself, but I have no Te.

do you think you ever have experienced an Fi/Si loop? that would be interesting to hear about.

Yes. When I'm in a good loop, I feel so balanced, relaxed, centered, etc. When I'm in a bad loop, I am lying face down on the floor, flashing back to every crappy thing that has ever happened to me.

My Ne-Te loop would me just getting really hyper and then blurting out some really absurd, blunt things. I'm not sure, really. I dunno how well I understand loops.