• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reading types

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking about this in the shower -
What types are easiest to read/gauge? Which ones are most difficult? Overgeneralizing by type is never :)D)a good thing, but out of the three ISTPs I've known, I've always found them easy to read.

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Don't we all

What types are easiest to read/gauge? Which ones are most difficult?

This is probably more of an Ni skill but I'd say extroverts, obviously, are easier to read.
Everything else really depends on the type of the reader and the reading material.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In high school, I thought I was always easy to read - and then my old friend Lauren tried to read me. I vaguely remember this happening during gym class: she was staring intently at me while we were talking, then after a while said, "You know, you're a difficult person to read. You're like a mystery."

It still surprises me to this day.

L

LadyLazarus

Probably any type who uses Fe.
Deep shower thoughts dude, I think about orange juice and Bing Crosby mostly.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably any type who uses Fe.
Deep shower thoughts dude, I think about orange juice and Bing Crosby mostly.
Too weird - orange juice and Bing Crosby were both in my dream last night.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It depends on what types/functions you are used to read, for me its ENFPs

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The easiest for me is ESFP.

Se types in general. It's like I attract and are attracted to Se doms and aux.

yeghor

What types are easiest to read/gauge? Which ones are most difficult? Overgeneralizing by type is never :)D)a good thing, but out of the three ISTPs I've known, I've always found them easy to read.

For me:

Easiest to read : ESTP

Hardest to read : ENFJ (perhaps due to relatively less exposure)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I read every single issue of Trains, and I have to read them in order. But I usually read each issue back to front. Maybe it's because I'm a lefty. :reading:

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The first thing is to get a hand on whether a person is an introvert or an extravert. An extravert shows their dominant and tertiary functions to the world, the introvert shows their auxiliary and inferior functions to the world.

Observing the dominant function of the extrovert is pretty easy, but you must identify their tertiary function in order to establish what their auxiliary is.

Establishing the dominant function of the introvert can be hard. The best way is to use their behavior and their psychological projections to establish what their inferior function is. So, for example, an IxFP will get upset if you try to impose objective rules or try to "put people in boxes" (Te), even though they themselves unconsciously create structures and rules to enforce their (Fi) personal value system. An INxJ will get upset if you try to get them to care about everyday reality (Se), but at the same time unconsciously work on trying to impose their (Ni) visions on the world and make them reality.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Establishing the dominant function of the introvert can be hard. The best way is to use their behavior and their psychological projections to establish what their inferior function is.

My first (admittedly cynical) thought on reading this approach was that it was likely to lead to some sort of bullshit. HOWEVER - I was wrong!

So, for example, an IxFP will get upset if you try to impose objective rules or try to "put people in boxes" (Te), even though they themselves unconsciously create structures and rules to enforce their (Fi) personal value system. An INxJ will get upset if you try to get them to care about everyday reality (Se), but at the same time unconsciously work on trying to impose their (Ni) visions on the world and make them reality.

Wow. That's quite accurate IMO (both examples).

eta: And that description gets at why my experience of integrating Se-inf is a process of running Se specifically in relation to Ni - a kind of selective process that doesn't change the fact that I will still get upset if I'm asked to care about everyday realities outside of Se-in-relation-to-Ni.