• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types have you mistyped as?

Permabanned

I'm sorry to hear that. :sartre:

á´…eparted

passages
I've considered every J type at one point or another over the years.

Thought I was INFJ for a very long time.
Thought I was INTJ for several months.
Considered heavily ESTJ.
Considered heavily ENTJ.

Ultimately I am ENFJ. You know that feeling when things finally "click" and it all makes sense in hindsight? I never had that with MBTI until I settled on ENFJ.

Though when I take MBTI tests I usually get ExTJ as the result. Doesn't mean that it's right though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually was awed upon initial arrival here by my type being ISTP 5w6, because it seemed like someone that can solve problems and generate Chaos with Ti Worldbuilding and Ni fantasizing. But later, INTP was a better bet because the life of mind obliterates the Matrix control system horrors as Presented by real-World restrictions and mundane ugliness. INTJ next became my best Choice because having a Vision of bouncing bubbles springing from endless spectra at either end, with ideal outlines for realizing their designs was perfect for making Worldviews reflect Wish. At the final Destination, INFJ along with 5w4 has the best resonance to it since I have an overflowing Heart for Everything and Love for the foundations as directed to Everyone. The emotional magic mixing together by rational Rainbows of focused Will truly is the Ultimate archetype for an INFJ 5w4 sx/sp.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait ISTJ?? :unsure:

I don't know. I'm questioning that I was ever an N to begin with. It always seemed clear to me before, the preference for intuition over sensing, but lately I've been questioning it. Maybe I'm really a Si dom.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't know. I'm questioning that I was ever an N to begin with. It always seemed clear to me before, the preference for intuition over sensing, but lately I've been questioning it. Maybe I'm really a Si dom.

Hmm. Well I thought eNTP was good, but only because you look a lot like Adam from Mythbusters. I know that's no help, haha.

This is so exciting though. God I hate my life.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
changed it back to entp in my profile, for the time being.

I feel disillusioned and just a little overwhelmed with typology as of late.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been all over the map, from INTP to INTJ to INFJ to ISTJ to ESTJ to ESTP to INFP to ENTP. And I'm STILL not sure that I am an ENTP. :(

EDIT: Now I'm back to INFP, LOL!

Last edited:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP - I mistook Fi+Te for Ti, which I think is fairly common for IxFPs new to Jung/MBTI.
Type Five - I tested as 5w4 and could relate to the intense introversion and curiosity of that type.
Type Four - Common mistype for INFP Nines. I do relate to a lot of the Four's traits, but I overestimated how prominent they are in my personality.

Then I read the Type 9 description. It felt like truth had suddenly taken corporeal form and punched me in the gut as hard as it possibly could, and I haven't questioned my Nine-ness since.

Sage

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Only ever INTJ (80%of the time) and ISTJ (20% of the time). My guess is the ISTJ mistyping comes from my tendency to use Ni to evaluate and think about my surroundings/people/their motives. It's practically a hobby :D

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFJ. I was new to typology and I tested as INFJ, joined a forum and read a bunch of crap about how intuitives are revolutionary and do new things all the time and are really wonderful and special and senors stick to the known and what is comfortable. I'm pretty hesitant with doing new things because I'm scared of messing up so I thought that meant I was a sensor. Plus I was just going off the generic type descriptions. Then I got into functions and there was no doubt that I was a Ni dom. As for enneagram, I initially tested as a 1 and I couldn't believe how accurate it was. Then...forums. A bunch of people told me I was wrong and made me really doubt my type because I was aware that I was a total novice and I just wanted to learn and I was pretty young and naive. I mistyped as 6 for ages, which made everyone else happy. Then I mistyped as 4 for a short while and then 2w1 for ages.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've only mistyped myself as INTP. I'd be proud that I've avoided the typical perceiver carousel of mistyping if I wasn't so wide of the mark.

sostenuto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
INTP, INFJ, ISTJ.

Still unsure about INTJ at the moment, but, I haven't been typed as an ISTJ for about four years, so I'd throw that out of the bunch for now.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll just include everything I've tested or self-typed as:

(tested)
INTJ
INTP
INFP

(self)
INTJ
ENTP
INFJ

I can also imagine ISTP given my proficiency in sports and first-person shooters. :shrug: