• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadow Type

yeghor

To be stronger than everyone else; most definitely yes.
To subjugate others to my will; under stress, yes, not under stress, no.

I mostly daydream about becoming great and admirable, successful, notorious, unlike any other, strong enough to crush those who have wronged me, I also daydream about love the other half of the time.

Could your shadow type be ESTP...?

yeghor

Would that make sense for an ISFP?:thinking:

Or is it not type dictated?

Based on your shadow type being an ESTP, in the theory I proposed you'd be an ISTJ (ESTP's mirror image) in that case...

In the theory that reverses the function order to find the shadow type, your type would be INFJ...

As a sidenote, my father's an ISTJ, and I can clearly see the desire in him to act like an ESTP...

L

LadyLazarus

Based on your shadow type being an ESTP, in the theory I proposed you'd be an ISTJ (ESTP's mirror image) in that case...

In the theory that reverses the function order to find the shadow type, your type would be INFJ...

As a sidenote, my father's an ISTJ, and I can clearly see the desire in him to act like an ESTP...
Aaah I see, so it is kind of related, in that case, I don't think my shadow's ESTP then, I highly doubt I'm a J let alone an SJ or an N.

I've noticed that about male xSFJ's as well, they either try to act ESTP or ESTJ.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What's your blissful ideal WB? Which ideal/personality do you aspire to? Do you aspire to be a champion/saviour of people?

Oh, well, I'm personally torn between Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Rachel Maddow. Or maybe Captain Janeway from Star Trek. Though I think those last two may be something other than an aspirational ideal.

:doh::fpalm::fpalm::fpalm:

eta: in case separating the mixed-in accurate info from the yeghorian distortions into which they're mixed might be of use somehow to someone:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Also this (pdf) article by John Beebe has a take on shadow functions:

Evolving the Eight-Function Model

Last edited:

yeghor

Aaah I see, so it is kind of related, in that case, I don't think my shadow's ESTP then, I highly doubt I'm a J let alone an SJ or an N.

I've noticed that about male xSFJ's as well, they either try to act ESTP or ESTJ.

It's (the first theory) been proposed by others before me though apparently ...

yeghor

Oh, well, I'm personally torn between Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Rachel Maddow. Or maybe Captain Janeway from Star Trek. Though I think those last two may be something other than an aspirational ideal.

:doh::fpalm::fpalm::fpalm:

eta: in case separating the mixed-in accurate info from the yeghorian distortions into which they're mixed might be of use somehow to someone:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm

Isn't the info in the link in line with what I proposed herein?

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Isn't the info in the link in line with what I proposed herein?

People can decide that for themselves if they're so inclined. You'll just keep doing that thing you do with information. (eta: if you are in fact doing satirical performance art, it's funny but a little garbled IMO.)

(Also, I'm editing to add a second information link to that comment)

yeghor

People can decide that for themselves if they're so inclined. You'll just keep doing that thing you do with information. (eta: if you are in fact doing satirical performance art, it's funny but a little garbled IMO.)

(Also, I'm editing to add a second information link to that comment)

Yeah they can do that but you've already made a (negative?) judgment about it... I guess what you perceive as distortions are analogies\symbols that I use to manipulate (like a dough) the information\issue at hand...That's how I can relatively easily keep turning it in my hand\head to perceive it from different perspectives... I use myself as the template in extracting them then ask people whether they fit for them as well... By gazing onto myself, "I" serve as the base model to that end...

Are you giving links so as to maintain the integrity of (true) information? I am rather trying to (partially) improvise and perhaps go out of bounds a bit... so as not to be restrained by it... Information reduced to symbols is not necessarily incorrect by the way...it is much easier to work with...

What is satirical performance art and what do you mean by me performing it? I am sorry but I didn't get it...?

rav3n

Shadow type is INTP. Funnily enough, that's the type I date. Shadow fixation and not because I wish to be like INTPs. Moreso that there's sufficient commonality with the same function stacking but they're an attitudinal mirror so there's enough difference to keep things interesting.

yeghor

Im estp. not the happy go lucky e7 kind, Im better at being a fun sponge. Im extremely tight with money because I am an entrepreneur in a phase of my life where every action is calculated.

Sorry to scratch old wounds but I recall you mentioning in another thread about a girl you had been infatuated with using you and acting like an entitled princess...

Could it be that at that time you were under stress of your infatuation and acting in your ISTJ shadow around her...like some kind of a duty-fulfiller or a servant...and that was what made you resentful?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried to read up on what the hell an INTP wants out of life.

I got nothin.

My inner most goals reflect:

That I want to have everything run smoothly and efficiently so that I can spend that time that I have now saved, from doing things the more efficient way, doing what I love.

:laugh: What I would love is to lounge around all day or spend the time I've saved with the ppl that I love (Fi). (Sounds relatively close to an ISFP, if you ask me.)

And also I'd like to dance (Se.)

If my shadow is INTP...I have not met it yet. (And honestly not looking forward to it. It's already a challenge accepting my Fi.)

Also in general my two biggest problems are that:

I don't acknowledge my own internal guidance system as an E6 - which also translates to inferior Fi in MBTI

And as for my 7 wing, I don't take in or absorb experiences as fully as I should - also translates to underdeveloped Se which is my tert.

I just don't know about INTP being my shadow :shrug:

yeghor

Our heart's true desire is more about something\someone that we fantasize ourselves as, something\someone that we are not but hope to be one day, something\someone that brings blissful tears to our eyes when we fantasize about it coming true...

It's how we are actually inside...what sleeps within us to hopefully awaken and sprout one day when\if it finds fertile soil...Whatever it is, it's so blissfull that even dreaming about it happening fills us with hope and warmth...

I imagine our normal selves (our type) to be just a protective crust around that inner seed, keeping it safe from external hazards...The seed is where our true desires lie dormant...

It's our raison d'etre...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our heart's true desire is more about something\someone that we fantasize ourselves as, something\someone that we are not but hope to be one day, something\someone that brings blissful tears to our eyes when we fantasize about it coming true...

It's how we are actually inside...what sleeps within us to hopefully awaken and sprout one day when\if it finds fertile soil...Whatever it is, it's so blissfull that even dreaming about it happening fills us with hope and warmth...

I imagine our normal selves (our type) to be just a protective crust around that inner seed, keeping it safe from external hazards...The seed is where our true desires lie dormant...

It's our raison d'etre...

So tell me what my INFJ shadow in your theory would look like...Im curious to see if I can relate :)

yeghor

Someone whose shadow is an INFJ would have an inner desire to be all wise and spiritual or a good judge of people perhaps?

It's not entirely my theory...If that inner desire aligns with yours, then take the mirror image of INFJ functions... The result should be your normal type...

That is to say, someone whose shadow type is an INFJ would be an ENFP...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone whose shadow is an INFJ would have an inner desire to be all wise and spiritual or a good judge of people perhaps?

It's not entirely my theory...If that inner desire aligns with yours, then take the mirror image of INFJ functions... The result should be your normal type...

That is to say, someone whose shadow type is an INFJ would be an ENFP...

:thinking: But isn't that a desire every NF type has, though?

yeghor

:thinking: But isn't that a desire every NF type has, though?

ENFPs have to shed light on that... and not when it comes to the innermost desire I guess... It's something else for me for instance...

And the innermost desire thing is a sub-conscious one I think... That's why you have to tap into your fantasies and daydreams to be able to identify what it really is...

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sorry to scratch old wounds but I recall you mentioning in another thread about a girl you had been infatuated with using you and acting like an entitled princess...

Could it be that at that time you were under stress of your infatuation and acting in your ISTJ shadow around her...like some kind of a duty-fulfiller or a servant...and that was what made you resentful?

no. girls certainly want a servant but I in no way ever would stoop to that level unless she was equally altruistic.