• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadow Type

yeghor

This guy seems to be aware of his shadow self. I can relate to a lot of the things he say:

Soph11287

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
Thats some new bullshit theory and no it doesent fit me and people who i have observed irl showing their shadow, its clearly inferior that it comes out the most and also through tert but not as much as the inferior. What people say on the internets i cant count because i cant know whether they even know what they are talking about when it comes to typology(also many prove themselves wrong with stuff like 8 function theory).

Shadow means the undesired traits in you that your ego wants to reject and not want to see as part of the self, stuff that is incompatible in this way with your ego(which with INFJ consists mostly of Ni and Fe if we leave other stuff out that isnt related to typology).

If you are an INFJ, i could make an assumption that you get obsessed with details(for example all the things that are wrong) and to some degree subjective logic(what the thing is that is wrong) and analyze all of it to quite a degree when you are pissed off to the point that you start to show some undesired traits of yours(shadow comes out).

Ps.
Yg6Vn6e.jpg

Lectures on Jung's Typology (Seminar Series): Marie-Louise von Franz, James Hillman: 9780882141046: Amazon.com: Books

The shadow also represents our highest potential, our greatest gifts. People are more ashamed of their light than they are of their dark qualities. Many people interpret the shadow as representing a truer version of the self while their mbti type expresses their false persona, the self created ego identity. Most people actually hide their real self even from themselves. My personality is INFJ but it's not who I am at heart. There have only been a few times when I've been comfortable enough to let my inner shadow show and in those moments I feel most alive, most myself and most connected to God. The shadow is your eternal self.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The shadow also represents our highest potential, our greatest gifts. People are more ashamed of their light than they are of their dark qualities. Many people interpret the shadow as representing a truer version of the self while their mbti type expresses their false persona, the self created ego identity. Most people actually hide their real self even from themselves. My personality is INFJ but it's not who I am at heart. There have only been a few times when I've been comfortable enough to let my inner shadow show and in those moments I feel most alive, most myself and most connected to God. The shadow is your eternal self.

I meant undesired from egos perspective(ego is what determines desired/undesired trait after all), maybe i should had been more clear about that. I dont agree that type expresses false persona or that shadow is some truer version of self. However shadow is part of the true Self, that part which the person doesent see. And type is closely tied to persona, but thats just obvious because naturally type will effect the way you present yourself to others more or less. I dont think a thing called false persona even exists.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whenever I fantasize, it seems to be about fights,girls, and having superpowers in particular. I don't think that has anything to do with my shadow. What do you guys think?