• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What mbti type are you, and how would you prefer to learn?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am an ENxP. I would prefer to learn by watching a video, actually doing something and engaging in hands-on learning, or by being taught in a "discussion-style" manner how to do something (like in an interactive class lecture for instance, not one where I am just listening to someone talk all day). I also hate to teach myself things, I would prefer to have an expert in the field show me how to do something. What are all of your mbti types, and how would you prefer to learn?
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

You two might like this thread.

L

LadyLazarus

ISFP. By figuring it out myself as well as through trial and error.
Mostly the second one.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am an ENxP. I would prefer to learn by watching a video, actually doing something and engaging in hands-on learning, or by being taught in a "discussion-style" manner how to do something (like in an interactive class lecture for instance, not one where I am just listening to someone talk all day). I also hate to teach myself things, I would prefer to have an expert in the field show me how to do something. What are all of your mbti types, and how would you prefer to learn?

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

You two might like this thread.

I also learn this way...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
allegedly INFP, I learn best by doing, quizzing myself,charts (anything that's visual), and watching things. I don't always process things by listening, even though I try. I tend to rememer faces and what things look like, before I remember names

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Interactive lecture

á´…eparted

passages
ENFJ.

I am a conceptualizer through and through. If I can't do that I will struggle.

I am mostly an auditory learner, supplemented by visual, and for some things practical/hands-on.

The way I learn is by deriving patterns from everything. I look at all of lots of examples, details, scenarios, etc. and try to identify commonalities between them. Eventually a pattern will emerge and I can then condense it down into something smaller. A "concept" to be applied to many cases depending on what it is. I do best when learning something that has to be applied, because then using/testing the concepts I condense down in essence "prove" it to me, and then it will be very solid. If I have to learn something that is mostly organizing a lot of information but it's simply information as-is that can't really be refined down I can struggle.

I am very verbal by my nature, and I learn best by listening to someone talk, having a conversation, or doing the talking myself. I can't explain why, but this makes things stick most to me. If I have to teach someone something I am learning or need to understand, I will get it to stick in my head very well, because it makes acutely aware of the areas I do not understand.

I am very good at picturing things in my head in 3 dimensions. Moving them around, manipulating them, etc. This makes things that involve graphs, figures, 3d objects and what not easy for me to grasp at and understand.

I'm also hands on to a degree. Sometimes I will hit a wall with what I am learning and can't complete it in a vacuum, and will benefit greatly from trying it on my own and mucking with it until I figure it out.

deleted
I think my Holland's career code ties into my way of learning. Holland says Artistic-Investigatives are the "Architects" in the job world. I always score primarily Artistic, so I prefer creative and expressive ways of learning from others, via their voice inflections, in-the-moment impact and emphases, visual and spacial imagery and charts, media like paintings and movies I can personalize. I'm a very musical learner, but in that respect I just learn about all the emotions associated with music. Never usually poems, lyrics or the written. I don't think in words, so I don't learn very well from words. I learn from the beauty and expression of personal experiences and ideas. I love open-world video games, being able to learn by freedom and exploring. I score Investigative second--I tend to learn new things just by thinking about them, getting lost in my mind, and/or just talking them out with others. Also probably why I hate video game cutscenes. They leave out the investigating/adventuring part.

MBT: INFP, sometimes INTP. I'm feely on the inside but I also prefer thinking
Sociotype: EII-Ne

S

Stansmith

ISFP

I prefer to learn about things that interest me through trial and error, and only check out the specific "How To's" when I'm feeling stuck..

EDIT: I scored artistic on a Holland Code quiz, if that tells you anything.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Prefer learning through reading and pondering things over, trying to find patterns and logical explanations.

I'm more visual and kinestetic than auditory. I tend to tune out during lectures and long explanations. I prefer to either read it or just jump in and try it.

Learning by doing, helps the information to crystallize better and helps me retain it over a longer term.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know I'm highly visual, but overall pretty balanced. If I neglect any it doesn't work very well.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
watching someone else do it in person or on video. interactive group discussion or by reading. i can't retain much by just sitting and listening.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I usually retain and integrate via doing things. Learning firsthand, doing it myself and playing around. Listening to people only does so much; I do most actual learning in my own time/space, either self study or practicing/doing it myself.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP

I like drawing from multiple viewpoints and media to learn something new. Books, articles, forums, documentaries, video clips, lectures/podcasts—I'll scavenge them all and see what patterns show up. Visual representations and metaphors are really good, especially for scientific concepts. With like writing or cooking, I experiment to learn new techniques. It lets me adjust different elements to see how each changes the result.

This might sound crappy, but I learn a lot by watching other people fail.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
INTJ. I love to figure things out for myself. I love problem-solving.

This is yet another reason why I am doubting my ENTP typing. To tell you the truth, I'm actually pretty damn good at problem solving. However, I feel like I don't solve problems like a Ti user, at all. No, instead I tend to solve problems like a Te user. My problem solving method is as follows: 1) Generate as many ideas as I can as to how I can solve a problem. 2) Do hours of research online on the problem that I am trying to solve. 3) Consult experts in the field of the problem that I am trying to solve and ask them what they would do. 4) Come up with a detailed step-by-step action plan for solving the problem. 4) Implement the plan.

Do you see what I mean? This sounds like a Te way to solve a problem, not a Ti way. It seems like Ti users just sit and ponder the solution to a problem in their own heads, and don't tend to put much emphasis on what experts in the field have to say. Isn't this right?

watching someone else do it in person or on video. interactive group discussion or by reading. i can't retain much by just sitting and listening.

You learn exactly like I do.

Alea_iacta_est

This is yet another reason why I am doubting my ENTP typing. To tell you the truth, I'm actually pretty damn good at problem solving. However, I feel like I don't solve problems like a Ti user, at all. No, instead I tend to solve problems like a Te user. My problem solving method is as follows: 1) Generate as many ideas as I can as to how I can solve a problem. 2) Do hours of research online on the problem that I am trying to solve. 3) Consult experts in the field of the problem that I am trying to solve and ask them what they would do. 4) Come up with a detailed step-by-step action plan for solving the problem. 4) Implement the plan.

Do you see what I mean? This sounds like a Te way to solve a problem, not a Ti way. It seems like Ti users just sit and ponder the solution to a problem in their own heads, and don't tend to put much emphasis on what experts in the field have to say. Isn't this right?

Sounds sort of like Je leading or at least emphasis on Je, Te is responsible for actively searching for sources for a concept in the environment that are thought to be objectively true, Ti juxtaposes this by attempting to reason the concept via subjective logical understanding. For instance, when I'm interested in a topic, I immediately synthesize sources by searching for them via the internet, and I will often attempt to apply that topic to almost everything to see what I can do with it. Je also defers to authorities on the subject, whereas Ji is more likely to question authorities on the subject.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Interesting, what type would you say you might be if not ENTP? You don't strike me as ENTJ, so maybe ESTJ? But you don't seem too SJ either. And I wouldn't say FJ. You seem kind of like a combination of ENTP and SJ if that makes any sense.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Interesting, what type would you say you might be if not ENTP? You don't strike me as ENTJ, so maybe ESTJ? But you don't seem too SJ either. And I wouldn't say FJ. You seem kind of like a combination of ENTP and SJ if that makes any sense.

I would think that I'm ENFP then.

Andmed

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would think that I'm ENFP then.

Maybe you're an ENFP with a good Te.

Answering the question of the topic, I'm a INTP and I learn better by myself. Unlike you, I tend to get bored when I have to listen to long explanations from someone else, or a video. Prefer to read it, analyze it and see how logical principles are connected.