• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pollyanna's Type ?

Aleria

Robin Williams feels like an ENFP but his character in Dead Poets Society feels more like an ENFJ...(to me)...

I understand your point about the difference between caring and bubbly...ENFJs come across as more parental whereas ENFPs more childish...

I've always imagined PolyAnna to be someone like this though:

It's easy to see her that way, hahahaha.

I watched "Dead Poet's Society" again today, and I have to agree that Robin Williams seems more ENFJ in the movie, my memories about him were really clouded. It was a long time ago when I watched it, and I had little understanding about MBTI+enneagram at this time (I was around 14, discovering the system yet, a noob). But he's certainly an ENFJ 7, what gives him some ENFP vibe, and Pollyanna is probably an ENFJ 2, and it makes the difference between them.

Aleria

I agree with ENFJ and 7
ENFJ 7w6>2w1>9w1 So/Sx
[MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]
I think her aunt was a true xSTJ of some sort. no ESFJ can sustain being that dry, formal and businesslike. the guy her aunt likes is ENFP 7w6 So/Sx

Agreed. No thoughts about the guy she likes, though.

deleted
Seems like a good example of an ENFJ, for what the movie's worth.

Socionics LSE is very clear, Te subtype.

pollyanna.jpg
Unscrjv.png

yeghor

I wonder if Disney bastardized the novel somehow to make the story fit better with dominant culture in US in the 60s?

It still doesn't make sense to me somehow...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've never watched the movie before. Movie Pollyanna is striking me more ExFP than ExFJ thus far.