• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Misidentifications - Type 7

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seven
Emotionally volatile
Seek adventure
Focus on enjoyment
Helps self
Want freedom
Detached
Cerebral
Let go
Want company
Activities
Can be caustic
Forgets promises
Abrasive humour

Two
Emotionally stable
Seek intimacy
Focus on people
Helps others
Want merging
Possessive
Sentimental
Clingy
Want closeness
Relationships
Considerate
Keeps promises
Kind humour

lol. that was interesting.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
"seeking intimacy"

vs

"seeking adventure"

... really? The E7 fear is "not having your desires met." This is implying that all 7's don't seek intimacy. Sounds like a generalization.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for this. :) Was interesting to read. Quoting Nic since I mistyped as 2w3 for a short while.

Seven
Emotionally volatile

Two
Emotionally stable

I thought this one was odd. Yeah, I usually have more ups and downs throughout the day probably. I constantly get upset that I'm not experiencing life the way I want to, but I think 2s can carry a lot of emotion with them as well - especially when it comes to their relationships.

I might also be a bit more clingy than most 7s because I'm social-dom and 2-fixed. In my relationships I can be pretty clingy. :shrug: Well, only with an SO really. I can go without texting my friends for a while.

Sounds about right though, from a general standpoint. [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] is definitely right too though. Intimacy is one of my main goals when it comes to people.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"seeking intimacy"

vs

"seeking adventure"

... really? The E7 fear is "not having your desires met." This is implying that all 7's don't seek intimacy. Sounds like a generalization.

sx e7 i think seeks adventure sometimes by means of intimacy or within the context of a relationship. i can see how an sx-last 7 (are there even such 7s?) might seek adventure in that way less.

i think 6-wing can make a 7 more relationship-focused too. at the end of the day though, sevens will always have that urge to run on to the next big thing in life.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
right but E7's disintegrate into 1's which tells me they could potentially be really idealistic, and when they don't get it they start getting super critical and 1'ish. In the case of a relationship... they may want that perfect relationship. However that would most likely be the Sx/So 7.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for this. :) Was interesting to read. Quoting Nic since I mistyped as 2w3 for a short while.

I thought this one was odd. Yeah, I usually have more ups and downs throughout the day probably. I constantly get upset that I'm not experiencing life the way I want to, but I think 2s can carry a lot of emotion with them as well - especially when it comes to their relationships.

I might also be a bit more clingy than most 7s because I'm social-dom and 2-fixed. In my relationships I can be pretty clingy. :shrug: Well, only with an SO really. I can go without texting my friends for a while.

Sounds about right though, from a general standpoint. [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] is definitely right too though. Intimacy is one of my main goals when it comes to people.

yeah, i mean this was a pretty generalized list for sure. and the reason i posted them together is because even though i'm a core 7, i feel some 2-ish pulls sometimes. and a lot of these dichotomies resonated with me. i struggle with some of them, or can swing both ways at a given time.