• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
@Saprophytic Aphrodite responding to the reputation thing. I took off my type because I was trying to set up my account and took it off. I'll put it back. I'm 40. I know I'm an INFJ. sorry if that upsets you. In any case, I get why it's annoying. It's a bad habit of INFJ's to be all-wise and shit and "school" others. sorry. that too, is annoying I'm sure. :p

I'm really just getting the feel for this forum so it truly was sheer coincidence. It'll be back with the avatar I've yet to choose.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
@Saprophytic Aphrodite responding to the reputation thing. I took off my type because I was trying to set up my account and took it off. I'll put it back. I'm 40. I know I'm an INFJ. sorry if that upsets you. In any case, I get why it's annoying. It's a bad habit of INFJ's to be all-wise and shit and "school" others. sorry. that too, is annoying I'm sure. :p

I'm really just getting the feel for this forum so it truly was sheer coincidence. It'll be back with the avatar I've yet to choose.

Oh... I am not upset at all. I didn't mean to give that impression.

Two things quickly:
1. For some reason, I cannot be tagged. I saw your post in the "Live Posts" feed, but I won't get notifications for tags at all, ever. No one knows why.
2. Reps are considered private, so it is against the rULeS to post them publicly. With that said, I am not upset at all by you posting this publicly.

I just noticed earlier that you typed as INFJ, but that it was then removed before you posted your comment, so I thought I'd ask. As I said, I typed as INFJ when I was new here too. It was the very first type result I ever got and stayed that way for a few years I guess. Most think I am INFP/ENFP, but I honestly don't give half a fuck anymore. I only like typology as far as it is useful for personal growth and bettering my life. And also for analyzing others because I am neurotically obsessed with that aspect (I would like to turn it off at times, quite frankly).

So, in short... you aren't annoying. Stop that nonsense. Also, welcome... or something (or maybe run for your life).

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
... awesome stuff.

thank you for being cool about it :)

I'm gonna mull for a minute and make a quick list later about the similarities and differences because I do have a close friendship (that was a daily bestie for some years) and that person is INFP. there are a LOT of similarities despite the many differences.

also, thank you for the warm welcome :)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Or maybe the statistics are wrong and INFJs aren't actually rare. Idk how the sites that claim 'XXXX types make up X percent of the population' could really even know that, anyway.

A lot of threads are using just US data, but what basically happens is that there is an official MBTI running as business, and they, probably encouraged by Big Five, are doing psychometrics. They basically register some people who did business with them and select random samples and combine this (or maybe it was just some random samples) to try to tackle the country's MBTI distribution.

I had done a thread compiling all their work in a single image - two images actually. I had also made a Global projection of % types in whole world population by considering country population as weights - for example, highly weighting China - and by using some few country to extra-represent the continent, and by that I had reached that about 2% of people MBTI type is INFJ in the whole world, making them the rarest type.

w1.png

w2.png

I had also found later, on a more limited way, that from the intuitives and ISFP/ISTP, ENFJ and INFJ are the champions in terms of borderline. But..
As we know, in typology communities the numbers of INFJs and INFPs are more or less the same, and we know that there is a tendency on the forums to have more NPs than NJs, but that mirrors real life. And about that, in real life there are about 2 INFPs per INFJ. And I also know that the most common borderline for INFJ is J/P. With that all information, you are able to easily induct (from inductive reasoning) that is very likely that a significant number of INFJs are actually INFPs with borderline P/J instead. Probably because INFJ seems more attractive on profile descriptions and on Big Five than INFP.

16Personalities and some few uses the test takers as data, but these are biased because INFPs and their cousins plus INTJ have a tendency to take these tests way more than Extraverted Sensors. Although INFJ is rare on real life, they are quite common on forums like this.

So, yeah, that didnt came out of nowhere.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
A lot of threads are using just US data, but what basically happens is that there is an official MBTI running as business, and they, probably encouraged by Big Five, are doing psychometrics. They basically register some people who did business with them and select random samples and combine this (or maybe it was just some random samples) to try to tackle the country's MBTI distribution.

I had done a thread compiling all their work in a single image - two images actually. I had also made a Global projection of % types in whole world population by considering country population as weights - for example, highly weighting China - and by using some few country to extra-represent the continent, and by that I had reached that about 2% of people MBTI type is INFJ in the whole world, making them the rarest type.

Oh wow. Nice work.

16Personalities and some few uses the test takers as data, but these are biased because INFPs and their cousins plus INTJ have a tendency to take these tests way more than Extraverted Sensors.

Yes, that's what I was thinking about.

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ and INFP are the most fetishized types.
I strongly believe that less than a half of the INFJs and INFPs you see on the internet are INFP or INFJ.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ and INFP are the most fetishized types.
I strongly believe that less than a half of the INFJs and INFPs you see on the internet are INFP or INFJ.

I strongly believe most INFP groups online are overrun by ISFJs and all the INFPs are, instead, in the INFJ sections.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im not an INFJ, I just feel like one.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Idk, but INFJs are hella fetishized. I mean, INFJs are cool, but I'm all about the P-ness ;)

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are so many articles that say that common traits are supposed "INFJ" traits. Also, 16personalities.com gives the INFJ label out like candy. People read about how INFJs are misunderstood and rare. People identify with this label because they want to feel rare and they feel misunderstood. People who test as INFJs are most frequently mistyped IXFX types (ISFJ, ISFP, and INFP).

Jewles2004

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=40936]Jewles2004[/MENTION] it sounds to me, based on that post, that you're an INFP. Do you relate to the theorist/problem solver aspects of being INFJ? Or the teacher aspect? Being rare doesn't say much. Lots of types are rare. Lots of types don't do well with societal norms. What makes you Ni dominant?
I was mistyped as an INFP a very long time ago, my dad is an INFP, I know for a fact I am not an INFP. I didn't write that to "prove" that I am rare and an INFJ. In fact I don't need to prove anything. I wrote it to show INFJs that they r not alone and I tried to reach out to other types and maybe get them to understand that the mistyping... it isn't cool. I just spent that entire paragraph talking about how I came to understand myself as an INFJ and how all INFJs are frequently mistyped by strangers on the internet and how eventually it starts to make them doubt themselves. Then you mistype me and try to get me to prove it to you? I am an INFJ, 4w5, 496, sx/sp. I don't need to prove any of it to you. I don't mean to sound mean or to start an argument, I am just done with the mistyping and with strangers on the internet thinking they know me better than I do myself.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mistyped as one for a while. It makes sense why I thought so, considering my big 5 traits. But I don't think the supposed correlation between Big 5 and MBTI is very strong. I see a much stronger correlation between my enneatype and Big 5 scores

Enneagram
9w1
Because there's a bar for every type. Like I have to have some sort of supreme sense of morality to have Fi... which is why I'm probably going to be kicked into INFJ anyways.. I just don't give a shit about morality nor discussing it nor proving I have it. And yeah I tend to be very softly diplomatic at times as I don't have an immediate need for morality in every situation.

Somehow that makes me more INFJ than INFP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because there's a bar for every type. Like I have to have some sort of supreme sense of morality to have Fi... which is why I'm probably going to be kicked into INFJ anyways.. I just don't give a shit about morality nor discussing it nor proving I have it. And yeah I tend to be very softly diplomatic at times as I don't have an immediate need for morality in every situation.

Somehow that makes me more INFJ than INFP.

I think it just reflects how misunderstood the type INFP and Fi are. People assume it's about morality, but typically the people I encounter who have been most in my face about their ideas of morality have been high Fe valuing types. Not to say Fi people don't have strong morals, but they seem to be a little more reserved in expressing them

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyway, I thought NTPs had come to replace INFJs as the most fetishized types.