• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6554]/DG/[/MENTION]

Welcome to the club, I’ll make you macadamia chip cookies with a chocolate base.

You won’t regret it. Your inferior Se will crave it.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
"Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?"
Because of the increase in obesity rates. Due to their Inferior Se stress causing them to overindulge, only INJs are fat. It's true, it must be, because "Inferior Se = overeaters" is totally in the most reliable resources.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I feel like I morph into an INFJ when I get all wise and philosophical and kinda old fashioned speech. But that'd be stereotypical.

The Ni-Ti loop makes me realize I'm not(I hate keeping all thoughts and ideas to myself, I want to tell people, same with feelings at least to a degree). On top of my chronic disorganization.

Just a really unusual sometimes fancy ENTP

As to the question. They are the, uh.. stereotypical "mystics" I imagine that's why.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quite literally,every other time I look at the type label thing under someone's profile it says INFJ.Everywhere I look there's an INFJ,I can't take a swing in the dark without hitting one.Seriously,it's wall to wall INFJ's,I feel like I have those 4 letters tattooed on my eyes or something. Freddy Krueger?INFJ. Florida?INFJ. That orange sitting in the fruit bowl?INFJ. Your grandma?INFJ. Banana flavored gum?INFJ.(as well as disgusting) My grandma?ESTP probably,since she's a drug dealer...she'll fuck you up. Anyway,you get the point. In all seriousness though,I am highly skeptical of the blatantly unrealistic number of INFJ's on this website,that is to say,there's just no way everyone of those people is an INFJ;I believe they are mostly either INFP's who want to be the special snowflake of MBTI,or very confused ISFJ's(who also want to be the special snowflake). Even though the internet is bound to attract more N's than you would normally see in real life,so to speak,I still find it very hard to believe that even a typology website would attract this many INFJ's,being that INFJ's are said to make up roughly 1% of the entire population. What did that 1% just multiply itself by 10 and then flood straight into this website or something? Frankly,I have no idea where I am going with this,it just makes me angry that so many people seem to be perfectly alright with using a tool meant for self-discovery/self-improvement to feed their own egos,to the point of being willing to lie to themselves.
Good question. I've often wondered that. I've also wondered why 90% of the time when I stumble across an INTJ's page or YouTube channel, almost invariably it's a woman. I can buy your idea that this subject is probably more attractive to N's than other types but I don't buy it most of the time when someone self identifies as an INFJ or when yet another woman identifies as an INTJ.

If this many people legitimately are IN_J's then neither of these types should be called rare anymore. But frankly I don't believe them. I believe they're lying.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looking into typology communities, there is normally a higher ratio of Ns to Sensors. In real life, supposedly SJs are more common but one can see how they are outweighed by the general intuitive population. There is also a high abundance of INxJs so INFJ is not exception to this rule. Of course, there are bound to be quite a few mistypes but I would imagine INFJs would be more abundant in internet land than IRL. NFs and NTs in general tend to find their way to typology communities. *Looks at my type label and prepares to be pelted by tomatoes by the skeptics of the disproportion.* Oh boy...:shock:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the only one who thought INFP or INFJ was the worse types to be when you first got into typology?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like this thread became all not fun and bereft of blood because I admitted I just wanted to stir the pot. Regrets. :dry:
Granted, I will not go back and read it past the first page due to wishing to avoid heavy cringing so maybe this assessment is completely wrong.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I only know one infj in my life but in the internet i know 100000 funny thing.... they aren't even the most prone type to be in ... oh well i guess infj like internet.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always think the INFJ descriptions sound the best, and could see a lot of people wanting to identify with them. I actually don't think I know any in real life :shrug:

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
so what?.... If your dream is being an Infj fucking be one . Who cares anyway?
People live forever in this world by making something unique not actually being unique. If you are a king or princess ...Cool you are more special than an Infj xddd.

Jewles2004

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I would just like to say that being an INFJ isn't all that. When I was in 8th grade the teachers made us take a 16 personalities test to help them better understand us. I was mistyped as an ISFJ. When I read about the type I thought that it didn't really match me but I thought "whatever". My dad is into this stuff so a few months later he had me retake the test and I got an INFP. I was confused because it was a different answer and it ALSO didn't fit me. I started to research all the MBTI things and the more I did the more I got into it. About a couple months after that I got extremely depressed and had to go to this councilor. She asked me what I was into and I told her I thought MBTI was very interesting. She asked me what my type was and I told her I didn't know because every time I took it I would get a different answer. She told me she believed I was an INFJ and then led me to a very accurate and approved website to officially find out, I was finally typed as an INFJ. And everything matched me to a T. I was in shock at how accurate it was and I was finally at peace with the fact that I found out I wasn't alone. I used to believe that I was different and that nobody understood me and I was just an outcast. But the more I saw people saying they were INFJs the more excited I got. I started to get more into MBTI and then Enneagram stuff, found out I was a 4w5. I started typing my friends and got REALLY into it. Then I finally shared my love for MBTI with them and it changed EVERYTHING. I told them about it and they asked me what I got, I told them I was an INFJ. They all then looked the type up. Half of them said that I couldn't be that type because of how rare it was, the other half then claimed to be that type even thought I knew they weren't. So I decided to stop talking about it with them. I then went online. I would comment on videos saying "INFJs, where you at?" And they would proceed to like it. Or I'd say "oh I'm an INFJ" and half of people would tell me I was mistyped and the other half would tell me they were INFJs too. I got excited at the comments saying they were INFJs, they were basically confirming I wasn't alone. But then more and more people started saying they were INFJs to the point where I knew something Was up. So I did some research. The more people I found who claimed to be INFJs weren't. And it was very clear they weren't as well. I became angry and upset. Being an INFJ isn't all fun and games. It is SOOOOOOOO hard. You don't think of it as being the rarest type, you think of it as being the loneliest type. On one hand you have people telling you that your a fake and on the other you have people telling you they understand when in reality they do not. It is angering and saddening at the same time. People need to accept those who say they are INFJs and those who know they aren't INFJs need to stop trying to be special and feed their own egos. Because knowing your "rare" doesn't feel good. It is very saddening. And having this feeling that you have to act like someone else to fit into sociatle norms even though you know it isn't healthy, it is PAINFUL. Trust me when I say you don't wanna be an INFJ. Of course there are good things about it... but there are also many bad things.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=40936]Jewles2004[/MENTION] it sounds to me, based on that post, that you're an INFP.

Do you relate to the theorist/problem solver aspects of being INFJ? Or the teacher aspect?

Being rare doesn't say much. Lots of types are rare. Lots of types don't do well with societal norms.

What makes you Ni dominant?

Jaguar

^ Claimed to be an ESFJ after joining the forum but now wants to play the role of INFJ policeman.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Quite literally,every other time I look at the type label thing under someone's profile it says INFJ.Everywhere I look there's an INFJ,I can't take a swing in the dark without hitting one.Seriously,it's wall to wall INFJ's,I feel like I have those 4 letters tattooed on my eyes or something.

Freddy Krueger?INFJ.
Florida?INFJ.
That orange sitting in the fruit bowl?INFJ.
Your grandma?INFJ.
Banana flavored gum?INFJ.(as well as disgusting)
My grandma?ESTP probably,since she's a drug dealer...she'll fuck you up.

Anyway,you get the point.

Is it possible that you meet a disproportionate number of INFJs because you have similar interests and are looking at the same forum topics? I seem to meet an unusual number of INFJs, but I figure that it's because we have the same hobbies and hang out in the same social circles.

Or maybe the statistics are wrong and INFJs aren't actually rare. Idk how the sites that claim 'XXXX types make up X percent of the population' could really even know that, anyway.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or maybe the statistics are wrong and INFJs aren't actually rare. Idk how the sites that claim 'XXXX types make up X percent of the population' could really even know that, anyway.

This could be the case. The ways of gathering data when it comes to type are quite iffy to say the least.
For gathering it you could:
A) Use test results
B) Rely on self report
C) Have the "researcher" literally type all of the "data points" individually.

All 3 of these are subject to inaccuracy, because there is no way to really 100% confirm someone's type.

Another reason everyone might be typing as INFJs now is because of 16personalities. I have noticed that test seems to give INxJ typings at a very high rate to ISxJs (based on the people I know IRL well enough to type). This mistype often becomes very apparent when I've given some of them function tests and they've all scored very low Ni. It's quite interesting, my ISTJ brother is probably the best example of someone who swears they're an INFJ because of 16p. He scored INFJ, yet will constantly comment on how he can't think ahead (which would be very strange for someone with Ni), he's very literal, detail-oriented and specific. But then of course he shuts down any conversation as soon as I suggest he isn't an INFJ.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Another reason everyone might be typing as INFJs now is because of 16personalities. I have noticed that test seems to give INxJ typings at a very high rate to ISxJs (based on the people I know IRL well enough to type).

Oh, true. Sometimes I take the 16personalities test for fun and it's given me INFJ a couple of times.

This mistype often becomes very apparent when I've given some of them function tests and they've all scored very low Ni.

Ah, that's funny. In the real INxJs that I know, their Ni is always super obvious. My mother is an INFJ and her whole life revolves around Ni. I showed her a description of Ni one time and she was shocked that someone had described her experience so well.

I had an INxJ classmate one time and his projects were amazing. Like, he would deliberately make his life more difficult just to take one small concept to the furthest possible point. We were working on computer stuff and he had two game simulators communicating with each other inside another simulator inside another simulator inside a virtual machine. It was like he was trying to represent the Ni via a physical project. So yeah, Ni is a funny thing.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, true. Sometimes I take the 16personalities test for fun and it's given me INFJ a couple of times.

Ah, that's funny. In the real INxJs that I know, their Ni is always super obvious. My mother is an INFJ and her whole life revolves around Ni. I showed her a description of Ni one time and she was shocked that someone had described her experience so well.

I had an INxJ classmate one time and his projects were amazing. Like, he would deliberately make his life more difficult just to take one small concept to the furthest possible point. We were working on computer stuff and he had two game simulators communicating with each other inside another simulator inside another simulator inside a virtual machine. It was like he was trying to represent the Ni via a physical project. So yeah, Ni is a funny thing.

Like, he would deliberately make his life more difficult just to take one small concept to the furthest possible point.
Yeah, xNxJs do this often - not only due to strong Ni but also weak unvalued Si so we don't care so much about the comfort. This might be why, especially with NTJs pairing their Ni with Te, people will call us bossy or controlling.

As for my ISTJ brother, his focus is a lot more comfort and structure oriented (Si-Te). He does things very by the book, likes things with pre-set instructions. One of his main hobbies is like building shit out of Lego but he always goes for those Lego sets where like it just tells you how to build it. On the subject of Lego, he has all of the spare Lego pieces organised by colour and size and stuff so he is amazing with those by the book things and also organisation in the physical realm. His main issue is when it comes to thinking ahead and being strategic which comes out a lot when we play video games together.

With me, I'm often very organised with plans and schedules and stuff but my physical environment is quite messy because it doesn't really affect me (Te and Ni with weak Si). I definitely outclass him however when it comes to that long term planning and being strategic. So there are definitely strengths and weaknesses to both and they can both come in handy at different times.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
o9Ss7yU.jpg

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
Same reason why everyone is a 7, or why counter 6's pretend to be 8's. INFP's most often say they're INFJ's because they read about INFP's and feel bad about themselves or they don't see themselves that way. I think INFP's and maybe ENFP's in a bad place might mistype themselves. It's really not that serious. If a poster appears like they're 11, and you're having a problem with it, you probably should consider why you're THAT into typology to care.

IRL, almost everyone I know well thinks typology is for losers but it might be the area, idk. So it's all relative. Why is it so many people pretend they're INFJ's (assuming they even know they're pretending as opposed to mistyping themselves) vs. why is it that so many people care or get their panties in a bunch about it. You're on a forum. Socializing with strangers. Get over yourself. Seriously.