• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Great post! The Fi and Fe descriptions also sound a lot like Intrapersonal and Interpersonal intelligence, which everyone possesses some degree of both.

This is also an INFJ pattern, locking onto a need for definitional precision and trying to debunk one definiton with the introduction of another. To me, such things are overlappingly apparent without statement. Of course MBTI fails to capture the many nuances of people. It helps point the way to look at one facet among many, but that facet is an interesting one nonetheless.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Aw pb, you aren't suggesting that we amputate our Ti, are you?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
i know why people just look at good actors and assume they infjs,like oprah,tom cruise,jamie fox,
they just assume that its like a because infjs are so rare and intuitive that all good actors that arre great and and artistic must be infjs,
but o to celebritytype.com they experts in typing people and you will see tom cruise is actualy istp,oprah enfj,and many people thought morgan freeman was an enfj because hes so charismatic but his actualy an istj

pgpiggy

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
4w5
No, it's just that INFJs are very interested in following these threads. If all the other personalities were on this website. it would become an amusement park by now.

I don't think INFJs are as much as a special snowflake as they're coined to be either. I don't think they always feel good about being that person. Let's just treat them as any other MBTI type, shall we?

TheWebIWeave

MBTI Type
INTJ
I doubt the accuracy of personality tests to really determine what category of personality traits exist within the entire global population. Moreover as populations and cultural identities shift there will always be an influx of one type over the other, as new types become more dominant while generational gaps widen.

The short answer is INFJs may not be as rare as originally thought. Our society is placing a higher value upon emotional intelligence than a generation ago. Works like Howard Gardner's has allowed primary school educators the right to encourage their pupils to experience all aspects of human personality. Self awareness is being taught in schools more often. Where as two decades ago just extroverted, sensing, thinking, judging were the more desirable traits in adults, so individuals modeled their personalities accordingly. The Internet may have also increased not only the desire to be, but the awareness that one might be, in fact an INFJ. Leading to more and more adults typing as INFJ than statistically noted.

Last edited:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Because this site is not representative of humanity in general. We are a clique, a village of lost souls.

Sorry you're not as special and unique a snowflake as you thought. You'll get over it...eventually.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I just enjoyed the recent "Off Topic" posts here, because, well... I'm me. But I do want to say that I think (and I may be biased) that INFJ is likely one of the most incorrectly typed types. Surely, there are millions of them, and of course they would flock here like the geriatric to Florida, buuuuut many of them are actually other types. Which is fine. And I don't even think intentional.

I think it's less "I want to be extra special" and more "I trusted the results of that one test I took". This is how it was with me, and probably the 5 other friends I had that tested as INFJ at the time (only one is clearly legit). For awhile, I theorized that it was because I was super unhealthy and in Shadow Function Land, but it's likely more simple than that. I always tested very low J. Then, after I learned the system and introspected more, I started consistently testing as INFP. Throw in a couple-o-withdrawn e-types and an Sp variant somewhere, and you got yoself a withdrawn extrovert.

There was, however, a time that I defended my INFJ typing like a rabid beast unaware of its own ailment, but it wasn't to be extra special. It was just pure stubbornness and intellectual arrogance, which is synonymous with foolishness.

Most likely to mistype as INFJ: INFP, ISFP, ISFJ, withdrawn ENFP, and maybe even some super confused INTx.
There are still plenty of the real deals.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
If you want to be special fucking work for that ...
Yeah , most Nt seem special 'cause they spend half of their life thinking and acting than actually living .
all the rest is just an excuse.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just enjoyed the recent "Off Topic" posts here, because, well... I'm me. But I do want to say that I think

Lol, same.

I’ll just add it’s funny that Fe gets so shamed and then INFJ gets to be so cool. I’ve never thought I was infj but I imagine all the hoopla around its rarity and magic powers makes it hard to consider objectively for people who fit the type or are considering it as a possibility.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, same.

I’ll just add it’s funny that Fe gets so shamed and then INFJ gets to be so cool. I’ve never thought I was infj but I imagine all the hoopla around its rarity and magic powers makes it hard to consider objectively for people who fit the type or are considering it as a possibility.

Magicious Feicus!
UTfdnnO.gif

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Lol, same.

I'll just add it's funny that Fe gets so shamed and then INFJ gets to be so cool. I've never thought I was infj but I imagine all the hoopla around its rarity and magic powers makes it hard to consider objectively for people who fit the type or are considering it as a possibility.
Studies show that 4 5 percent of all infjs are actually psychic infps. ;)

unmagic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
INFJ is 2% of people on the MBTI test and 20% of people on personality forums.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I rarely hear much about MBTI IRL, but when I do, it's always some young woman on social media, posting a quiz result that reveals she's a special INFJ. :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
*puts on INFJ hat* i am an infj now swirly swirly sparkle things look at you're gonna trip. How are you friend?

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
just alot of fantasy and misstypes for sure.
People want to be uniquie in the easy way without creating anything really unique.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
just alot of fantasy and misstypes for sure.
People want to be uniquie in the easy way without creating anything really unique.

INFJ actually probably is the most common type on typology forums. It's an INFJ thing (plenty of other types too).

So an INFJ on a typology forum is not unique. There's an idea goin' round that they're not even rare in the population :O

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
INFJ actually probably is the most common type on typology forums. It's an INFJ thing (plenty of other types too).

So an INFJ on a typology forum is not unique. There's an idea goin' round that they're not even rare in the population :O

Man , it's hard to explain for me ... as intp i have this strong desire to create something unique not being actually unique , I guess is my strong Ne .
I Never tried to be rare ... i was always rare ( a loner but with alot of people that actually care for me ).

Of course there is 1000000 people the same as me ... how can you be actually unique ? for me art is one of the answer ..... for other is another , of course.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I love the irony of the "Unique cycle".

Somewhere it was decided INFJ is super rare.

Everyone claims to INFJ.

Now it isn't rare.

No one wants to be INFJ.

They all scatter to a far more common type which has become uncommon due to it's popularity and no one wanting to admit that type.