• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ is not one of the many mistypes I have had in my life, fortunately.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because there's a bar for every type. Like I have to have some sort of supreme sense of morality to have Fi... which is why I'm probably going to be kicked into INFJ anyways.. I just don't give a shit about morality nor discussing it nor proving I have it. And yeah I tend to be very softly diplomatic at times as I don't have an immediate need for morality in every situation.

I agree. It seems as if some types have higher thresholds to meet than others if you want to be that type. I’d say that these thresholds are probably the highest for the xNTJs. But there is that sort of bar in order to be an INFJ. Sometimes that bar is too low, other times it’s too high.

Wisteria Milk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you tend to see a lot of the less common types over represented on sites like this because people who feel abnormal are probably more likely to investigate personality metrics.
Despite making up the majority of the population, I see extremely few XSXJs on these types of sites and forums.
I'd have to imagine INFJs would feel very out of place socially and have a desire to seek better understanding of themselves and the dynamic between themselves and others.
The INTP thing isn't an unrealistic hypothesis though.