• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone an INFJ nowadays?

S

Society

Oh. This is a beat up the INFJs thread. We need more of those around here. :rolleyes:
...i haven't caught up on my last one yet...

i don't suppose you'd throw me a list of all the ones i missed over the last few weeks?

G

garbage

As far as I can tell, the perception of how rare (or common) such-and-such a type is stems from CPP's statistical data. On people who have taken the
MBTI test.

We then also claim that the test itself is extreme bullocks.

I'm just gonna leave that there.

L

LadyLazarus

:thumbdown:

Not this propaganda again.

INFJs ARE the ones obsessed with being "rare". Check out INFJ forums - at any given time there is some very active thread discussing who really is or is not an INFJ. They do witch hunts where they declare everyone but themselves & Jesus Christ to be fake INFJs. There is a total lack of Fi among these people...and what kind of Fi-dom are you not to notice that? :dont: . If they're mistyped, odds are they are still FJs (IMO, likely ISFJ or ENFJ). I can barely stand an INFJ forum for 5 minutes. The Ni arrogance combined with IxFJ passive-aggressiveness in bulk is grating to an INFP.

Visit an INFP forum...you will not see that. No one cares much if you're mistyped. We're more interested in creating an open & understanding environment, not beating out chests about how rare we are that we don't actually exist. There are no threads where rarity is discussed or where suspicions are heavily debated on whether half the forum is mistyped or not.

It doesn't align with reality then. The guy in the video makes no sense either. INFPs are dominant rationals. When you discuss typing with an INFP, you will discover they have heavily analyzed & introspected on the matter; the people he describes do not sound INFP.

INFJs aren't so wonderful & special that everyone wants to be them anyway. They're arrogant enough as is; stop feeding it.

And INFPs aren't so defective & undesirable that nobody wants to type as one either. How condescending....
I don't see why we're the catch-all for mistyped people either. Suddenly EVERYONE is INFP nowadays. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe an INFJ forum is the best place to cite for evidence on INFJ's?

Hey it was just my opinion;you don't have to accept it:shrug:.

The kind that has not gone on that particular forum,I said I was a Fi-Dom,I never claimed to be omnipresent.
I'm just going off what I've seen here;'cause you know this is where we are...(I know,I know; mind blown).

Also I find their arrogance amusing,plus I can post whatever the hell I want; I needed to say it so I said it.So I will continue,I don't care who it bugs.
You know what you can do since these threads piss you off so much?You can not click on them.Just a thought.
You're just giving my thread more traffic by posting.:wink:

Yes I'm aware and I never said you where;I'd also like to mention that once again,it's just my opinion,you don't have to accept it,I don't care if you do.

You don't have to get all worked up about it,it's just a rant.
I never said INFP's where undesirable,or that you're the catch all for mistyping(did you not see me mention ISFJ's?),are you sure you're reading the correct post?

If anyone's being condescending here it's you sweetheart,I mean just look at the tone of your post,you're no better than anyone and neither am I,difference is;I'm aware of it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
...i haven't caught up on my last one yet...

i don't suppose you'd throw me a list of all the ones i missed over the last few weeks?
Naw. Masochism is not among my kinks. Sorry. :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
here's my honest take, who gives a fuck what type you are? seriously? like type doesn't make you who you are. you can be an ass hole as an INFJ or you can be a non-asshole. It doesn't matter, and this whole bullshit of, type is so important. no it's not, people are going to hate or like you regardless of type. you're still going to die, you still have to obey the laws of gravity, you can't kill someone without breaking the law. You're still you.

L

LadyLazarus

Probably. Didn't you say you were an INFJ at one point?

I considered it for like 5 seconds but then disposed of that idea immediately,there's just no way in hell I'm a J.

But no,I have never typed as INFJ,the closest I've gotten is when I was going by as IxFx.

Cygnus

So does that mean if I dress relatively normally, am chatty, and sometimes I think I'm not saying anything out of the ordinary when someone gives me a look like I just sprouted five heads, it's possible? I don't know if I fit an archetype. Some ways I do. Some ways I don't. I'm fairly well educated, semi-respectable white trash. I'm a fiscally and socially liberal/feminist white American Evangelical Christian. I don't think there is much else all that unusual about me, though. Other than being kind of geeky/nerdy depending on your definition.

Edit: Not remotely psychic. Have had a disappointing lack of any kind of paranormal/supernatural/metaphysical experiences for someone of my religion. It makes me feel like God doesn't like me sometimes. Sometimes I'm a good guesser about what's going to happen, but that's because people usually keep doing the same stuff over and over.

They more often than not "fit into the crowd," but in these cases they're more often than not the distant, anomalous "leaders" to put it loosely.

They do stand out, but not disruptively so. They "integrate" but are never assimilated.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't think the "psychic" phenomenom is exclusive to just INFJs I mean I get a sensation and I know stuff, I don't know how I know I just do. also I can dream about people I've never met and 2-3 days later meet them it's eerie. I also have lots of dreams about future events and I don't really think about the event until it's happening.I'm not saying this is a psychic thing, i'm saying I pick up on things and have more deja vu than is natural

Alea_iacta_est

From my new favorite typology-related website (that isn't a forum):

For a dom. F, the persona carries an air of humane stature. Vulnerability is losing that, and feeling cold and inhuman. When this happens, then they will turn to a cold, technical perspective.

For a dom. N, the persona carries an air of knowing the meanings behind things. Vulnerability is being stuck with only what is tangible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Concerning the Senex archetype, or shadow auxiliary, and, in this case, the INFP's Ni]

INxP's Feel negated in or become disgruntled about patterns and perceived significance of events (and what they appear to lead to).

INxP's Interpret everything in terms of a "big picture" in which the worst will happen, and blame those around them:
•I'M the authority on concepts and inferences. What you're doing fits (implies, infers, etc.) a negative pattern I see, and I'm going to stand against it. [I feel the patterns are against me, and project it onto you].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Concerning the Senex archetype, INFJ's Fi]

IxFJ's Feel negated in or become disgruntled about personal ethics

IxFJ's Can angrily hit others with personal or universal ethical "truth":
•I'M the authority on ethics! Your behavior shows a lack of personal integrity. [I feel I'm not living up to the personal (internal) side of ethics with my external focus, and I project it onto you].

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know i'm not above it (the classic F disclaimer), and i know my continued experience doing it is why i recognize the need for it, but it just seems we could consolidate all these threads into a mini-forum entitled "the difficulty of not taking things personally for f types." maybe we need to employ some emotionally intelligent, T teachers. the first lesson could be, "a fixed sense of proportion: how to stay rational when you are angry." or maybe it's just " how to recognize when you are in fact angry."

so many to choose from!
-self-esteem for introverts
-how and why self-shaming needs to stop
-why saying others "made you feel ___" is problematic
-authenticity comes from self-respect
-other's interpretations of you don't define you (except, well, politically)
-overgeneralizations 101
-fast and slow thinking systems
-focus: increasing self-control (of some specific part of you)

Hazelstein

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
I think INFJ is a type that is not so riddled with stereotypes. INTxs are extreme nerds, INFPs are crybabies, ENTJs are fascists etc.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes INFJs are rare, probably lot of people who are typed INFJs are INFPs. But if it help them to feel better when they type INFJ let them do what ever the hell they want. Attacking INFJs with how they are all fake is becoming a worse cliche than mistyped INFJs.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know i'm not above it (the classic F disclaimer), but it just seems we could consolidate all these threads into a mini-forum entitled "the difficulty of not taking things personally for f types." maybe we need to employ some emotionally intelligent, T teachers. the first lesson could be, "a fixed sense of proportion: how to stay rational when you are angry." or maybe it's just " how to recognize when you are in fact angry."

so many to choose from!
-self-esteem for introverts
-why saying others "made you feel ___" is problematic
-overgeneralizations 101

lol this is a good list. a lot of it is things i try to remind myself of pretty regularly. glad to know i'm not alone :laugh:

L

LadyLazarus

I think INFJ is a type that is not so riddled with stereotypes. INTxs are extreme nerds, INFPs are crybabies, ENTJs are fascists etc.

Actually their stereotype is either goody-two shoes nerd or Jesus from what I've seen.

L

LadyLazarus

Yes INFJs are rare, probably lot of people who are typed INFJs are INFPs. But if it help them to feel better when they type INFJ let them do what ever the hell they want. Attacking INFJs with how they are all fake is becoming a worse cliche than mistyped INFJs.

Yeah so I've been told like 5 times this thread,it's just that after seeing my 105,000,000th INFJ yesterday I just kind of snapped,but yeah I guess there's no helping the delusional,it just disgusts me how they are willing to so bluntly taint something created for self help/discovery with their egos/lies is all.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol this is a good list. a lot of it is things i try to remind myself of pretty regularly. glad to know i'm not alone :laugh:

you're certainly not. :)

but, you extroverts tend to get some of these things figured out a bit sooner, so, ya know, you can actually do stuff and be with others without hating it. i'm just realizing that these are important to recognize, let alone consistently practicing them.

i know i have years and years behind me where i just assumed they must be stupid, everything must be stupid, everyone must be wrong, in large part because i did not take responsibility to figure out how to enjoy myself. it's not easy, because some of us have pretty huge emotional debts we're dealing with, that we overidentify with and, in so doing, underidentify with our capacity to DO WORK, to start building some surplus that can pay them off.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah so I've been told like 5 times this thread,it's just that after seeing my 105,000,000th INFJ yesterday I just kind of snapped,but yeah I guess there's no helping the delusional,it just disgusts me how they are willing to so bluntly taint something created for self help/discovery with their egos/lies is all.

To be totally honest, I think a lot of people even here have pretty low self esteem, or at least have a lot of ego issues and they use typology as a tool to repair their broken egos, so no wonder a lot of people have special snowflake syndrome and like to type as INFJs. For some typology is just a way how to flatter their egos, not a self discovery tool.

yeghor

From my new favorite typology-related website (that isn't a forum):

So does this mean when angry (or under extreme stress) an INFP may act as an ENFJ...and and INFJ may act as an ENFP...

When angry, I sometimes lash out at people and say harsh things to hurt them, which I regret later ... Can this be coming from my shadow Ne-Fi?

How would this work for INFPs...? A shadow Fe-Ni?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here are the specific items from your list i relate to personally.

you're certainly not.
but, you extroverts tend to get some of these things figured out a bit sooner, so, ya know, you can actually do stuff and be with others without hating it. i'm just realizing that these are important to recognize, let alone consistently practicing them.

i know i have years and years behind me where i just assumed they must be stupid, everything must be stupid, everyone must be wrong, in large part because i did not take responsibility to figure out how to enjoy myself. it's not easy, because some of us have pretty huge emotional debts we're dealing with, that we overidentify with and, in so doing, underidentify with our capacity to DO WORK, to start building some surplus that can pay them off.

i don't doubt that introverted feeling types have a different experience. and i do think extroversion can help me in taking resources from the external world to help my emotions, but it also makes me more susceptible to taking things in that actually make it worse, or focusing too much on the outside and submitting my feelings to a beating by whatever's out there. i can't imagine, though, not using the outside world so comfortably since it is almost a lifeline for me, so i don't envy you guys either.

L

LadyLazarus

To be totally honest, I think a lot of people even here have pretty low self esteem, or at least have a lot of ego issues and they use typology as a tool to repair their broken egos, so no wonder a lot of people have special snowflake syndrome and like to type as INFJs. For some typology is just a way how to flatter their egos, not a self discovery tool.

Hmm,yeah I guess you have a point,I did't think of it that way.I guess I was kind of rash in assuming that everyone who uses MBTI has a healthy sense of self-esteem.