• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what if cities had personality types?

mollyowens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Has anyone else ever thought about the personality type of a particular city? Sure, it's a little bit silly, but maybe not as arbitrary as it initially seems--after all, major US cities each have their own unique culture, plus there are industries that dominate each area and attract particular types of citizens.

Here are some ideas for cities I've known and loved:

San Francisco: INFP
San Jose, CA: INTJ
New Orleans: ESFP
New York: ENTJ

Any more...?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Haha! New York- definitely EXTJ!
We are loud-mouth jackasses.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey! ENTJ isn't New York! :shock: ! What an insult :(
ENTJ is way more like Nassau or like the cayman islands or something. Rich, lots of visitors but alone in the sunshine in the long run. ;)

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Dallas; ESTP
Miami; ESFP
D.C; ENTJ
L.A.; ENFP
Gary, Indiana; ISTJ ;_;
Chicago; ESTJ (since we had Capone)

what about countries?

USA; ESTJ
Sweden; ISFJ
Russia; INTJ
China; INTJ
Germany; INTJ
France; INFP
Mexico; ISFP
Brazil; ESFP

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
I live in Boston. I'm thinking it's either NT or STJ. Everything here seems to be based on how intelligent you are and how much schooling you've completed. My bachelor's degree simply hasn't cut it as far as jobs go - I was competing with PhD's in my field before staring my RN licensure! I also find that many bars I've frequented have a "pretentious" vibe and I've come across more philosophical discussions over beer than I care to admit. It's the academic's wet dream, really. :)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't LA be somethig like ESTP?

seven9979

MBTI Type
INFP
San Francisco *used* to be INFP (or E4). I suppose, if you are typing by the "image" of the place (flowers in your hair, etc.), it still is. The creative people who made the city a haven for this INFP in the 90's were priced out and replaced by Shiny Happy trust fund types.

I posted this mainly in case anyone was thinking of moving to SF and expecting the laid-back, quirky, creative city it has a reputation for being. Sorry... it is gone.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I posted this mainly in case anyone was thinking of moving to SF and expecting the laid-back, quirky, creative city it has a reputation for being. Sorry... it is gone.
Lawrence is a bit like that, as are some other smallish towns with a large university in the middle of them.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
it is more that certain types are better accepted in these cities then others. the distribution is spread as defined in keirseys book please understand me.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
San Francisco *used* to be INFP (or E4). I suppose, if you are typing by the "image" of the place (flowers in your hair, etc.), it still is. The creative people who made the city a haven for this INFP in the 90's were priced out and replaced by Shiny Happy trust fund types.

yeah, the chill hippies moved out to the east bay, starting around 4 years ago en masse too...

now sf is more like... dunno what it is. but its def. different.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I've seen other threads like this one, but I like them a lot :)
All US cities so far...

Florence: INTP
Bologna: ENTP
Antwerp: ESTP
Amsterdam: ENFP

?