• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Personality Profile Project

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I have an idea.

We have a lot of very knowledgeable people here. What do you think about an effort to develop a set of personality profiles? We could start with MBTI then go to Enneagram or do them simultaneously. For the time being, we can post these in the current structure but I'd like to build out some other library/reference material type pages too.

The way we could do it is to start with a volunteer who initiates a thread that "owns" the profile that they want to write. People comment and critique on what was written and contribute content.

I was thinking that I could write up INTJ. Here is my thought for an overall outline.

INTJ - Overall Description

INTJ - In Love and Life

INTJ - In Work

INTJ - In Family

How to recognize the INTJ

INTJ Videos

Common INTJ Enneagram types

ANY VOLUNTEERS???

Last edited:

badger055

Permabanned
I think this would only be useful if there wasn't already a ton of MBTI descriptions out there. It would be more useful if you did tritypes or instincts.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeaaa +1 for tritypes!

Octavarium

I would suggest writing descriptions of each three-letter combination (Int or ITJ, for example). Each description could begin by describing things that the two types have in common, followed by a list of differences. There are several Enneagram sources that compare each type with every other type, but as far as I know, nothing similar for MBTI. I don't think we need to go quite that far, but under my system, There would be descriptions comparing INTJs with ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs and INTPs. If someone's having trouble deciding between, for example, INTJ and INTP, that sort of description could help them decide. It could also act as a description of people whose preference on one of the dichotomies is right in the middle, I.E. it could act as an INTx type profile.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can offer my perspective on ENTPness.

Since many of us understand other typology systems, it would be great if we could use our knowledge to separate stereotypes from the actual functioning of the processes themselves.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this would only be useful if there wasn't already a ton of MBTI descriptions out there. It would be more useful if you did tritypes or instincts.

Interesting idea to provide info where there is none today. The only issue with tritypes/instincts is that it isn't really that well established. There are a couple of Enneagram practitioners that invented tritypes and they have developed their own definitions that are published (if you purchase the materials). So, we would be trying to take what is a pretty proprietary system and come up with stuff on it.

I would suggest writing descriptions of each three-letter combination (Int or ITJ, for example). Each description could begin by describing things that the two types have in common, followed by a list of differences. There are several Enneagram sources that compare each type with every other type, but as far as I know, nothing similar for MBTI. I don't think we need to go quite that far, but under my system, There would be descriptions comparing INTJs with ENTJs, ISTJs, INFJs and INTPs. If someone's having trouble deciding between, for example, INTJ and INTP, that sort of description could help them decide. It could also act as a description of people whose preference on one of the dichotomies is right in the middle, I.E. it could act as an INTx type profile.

I think this is a really good idea in that people often have a hard time choosing type. If there was a way to provide guidance, that would be a very good thing.

I can offer my perspective on ENTPness.

Since many of us understand other typology systems, it would be great if we could use our knowledge to separate stereotypes from the actual functioning of the processes themselves.

Here is where I think there is a huge gap. There are a lot of descriptions out there but they aren't necessarily function oriented and as you say, there are stereotypes. [MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION] has implied that there are a lot of bad "folk typology" profiles out there and I agree with him.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like this idea! So I guess it will be some sort of a TypeC 'semi-official' description of all the types? That will be helpful. Time to do away with the 'mystical INFJs' stereotype!

I remember that in my Enneagram phase I liked the "How to get along with me" section in 9types.com a lot. Maybe we can have that as well?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Time to revisit this. I think we need to get some decent and easy to find profiles on our site.

We need to determine where we will put the profiles. I am sort of leaning towards a subforum under MBTI (tm) and Jungian Cognitive Functions, that includes a number of them. There are two sources I'm investigating adding up front:

- One of our former members (SimulatedWorld) offered his permission for us to post profiles that he developed a couple years ago
- I'm asking [MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION] if he would be so kind as to allow us to post profiles that he has written

Thoughts? Feedback?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My profiles may be posted here.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's a great idea. i know a lot of peeps here have written some good stuff.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thank you. That is quite helpful. You are much better with search than I am :).

So should we embed these kinds of things in the MBTI subforums as stickies or create a separate subforum that is sort of a reference section?

No prob :)

I like the idea of a reference section, but both options seem perfectly fine to me.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thank you. That is quite helpful. You are much better with search than I am :).

So should we embed these kinds of things in the MBTI subforums as stickies or create a separate subforum that is sort of a reference section?

A reference section will probably be better as it will allow our readers to find all of the essential resources in one part of the forum.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A reference section will probably be better as it will allow our readers to find all of the essential resources in one part of the forum.

That's where I am leaning. Articles would be nice but I'm not sure how to make those show up properly yet.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION], your profiles are absolutely incredible.

What is the feasibility of adding a sub-forum titled Articles or Descriptions, much like 16types' forum's Socionics article sub-forum?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION], your profiles are absolutely incredible.

What is the feasibility of adding a sub-forum titled Articles or Descriptions, much like 16types' forum's Socionics article sub-forum?

For the time being, I'll create a subforum that points to these.