• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you attracted to people who represent your weaker functions?

S

Stansmith

Or in other words, your 'anima'? I've noticed that out of all the personality types, the image of an ENTJ is the one that 'fascinates' me the most (for lack of a better word), despite the fact that it's so different from my own.

I find ENTJs confident, intelligent, inspiring, understanding, and strangely relatable despite the fact that we seem like opposites.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I find myself attracted to ExFJs. They seem to have a way with Fe and make it work effectively for them whereas I use it rather awkwardly and clumsily. Not all ExFJs though. Sometimes their Fe can be annoying when its overblown or they rely too much on it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Over doses of Te and Si don't draw me in like that. I'm much more into either somewhat matching functions, or exotics.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
isnt everybody? that's the sociobiological purpose of attraction

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
isnt everybody? that's the sociobiological purpose of attraction

I'm somewhat turned off by the idea of looking for somebody to cover my gaps, the concept feels like it weakens me. It introduces a crutch.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm somewhat turned off by the idea of looking for somebody to cover my gaps, the concept feels like it weakens me. It introduces a crutch.
it doesn't weaken you. it strengthens you. you might perceive that it weakens you because most people don't want to admit that they have weak areas, and even if they do, they don't want to admit that they can't patch the holes in the fences without any help. in reality, that's what makes them vulnerable.

i don't think it's a conscious process. i think we're unconsciously attracted to people who "cover our gaps," so to speak. the union increases the survival chances of each partner and even offspring, if you really think about it, in a world where predators are checking the fences for inconsistency.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it doesn't weaken you. it strengthens you. you might perceive that it weakens you because most people don't want to admit that they have weak areas, and even if they do, they don't want to admit that they can't patch the holes in the fences without any help. in reality, that's what makes them vulnerable.

i don't think it's a conscious process. i think we're unconsciously attracted to people who "cover our gaps," so to speak. the union increases the survival chances of each partner and even offspring, if you really think about it, in a world where predators are checking the fences for inconsistency.

Nope, I really don't feel that way, or even have a tendency to unconsciously gravitate this way. When I say it weakens me, it's because I know my weak points and am willing to admit/work on them as opposed to find an external relationship based way to patch them up. This isn't to say that I don't appreciate somebody who compliments me, but not in the Jungian function sense.

There may be a tendency for groups of people to find their matches this way, but I don't believe it is a universal drive.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anima doesent mean inferior function, its a completely different concept. But yes im usually much more attracted to F than T types.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Without my permission my intuition always picks complimentary opposites. This sucks because overall, I'm just a ninkumpoop and thus, I'm invariably paired with knuckle heads. I'm in the process of rewiring my brain. I may find my attractions different this time next year. *crosses fingers*

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP

Nope, I really don't feel that way, or even have a tendency to unconsciously gravitate this way. When I say it weakens me, it's because I know my weak points and am willing to admit/work on them as opposed to find an external relationship based way to patch them up. This isn't to say that I don't appreciate somebody who compliments me, but not in the Jungian function sense.

There may be a tendency for groups of people to find their matches this way, but I don't believe it is a universal drive.

You and I have something in common.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah Si and Te can grate on me. I can appreciate most other functions and be interested in them, but if they start to dampen who I am, I feel resistant.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah Si and Te can grate on me. I can appreciate most other functions and be interested in them, but if they start to dampen who I am, I feel resistant.

Hey yeah, now that you mention it, ENFPs tend to have very this sort of relationship with Si and Te. There is an odd ENFP who ends up with an ISTJ, but for the most part they're chasing after the Ni or the Ne.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
I tried to get someone to throw the book at the typology dating bible. Didn't work.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey yeah, now that you mention it, ENFPs tend to have very this sort of relationship with Si and Te. There is an odd ENFP who ends up with an ISTJ, but for the most part they're chasing after the Fi or the Ne.

Yeah I gotta be able to do my thing. Te and Si bog me down and even make me feel incompetent at times.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like some overlap, myself. A couple of functions different, a couple the same, but different order. I like nerds who know interesting things and are funny. My husband is an INTP and I'm fairly smitten with him, except when he wakes me up. I don't like anybody who wakes me up no matter how much I like them when they aren't waking me up.

I don't dislike ESTPs, but I'm not especially attracted to them, either. Like, they can be fun to play with but I want to go home with my quiet, self-contained nerd. But I have a strong need for predictability because of my particular insecurities.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ESTPs can be really alluring, but most of the time they are too scary. They have their place in the world. I have my place in my internal world. Sometimes it's kinda hard to connect. I really do admire their energy though.