• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you attracted to people who represent your weaker functions?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it depends on which of my weaker functions does the person represents, and who the person really is. But in general I think I am attracted to people who are more similar, than different to me. Anyway my favorite, but weak functions are Ni and Te.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yes, my shadow type, anima, whatever you want to call it -- SFPs -- fascinate me, intrigue me, entice me.

But they also can annoy the hell out of me.

As I said to my ESFP ex, before I even got into Jungian typology:

"I need someone [like you, but] who is more intellectual, more into books, ideas, concepts."

In other words, I was saying, unbeknownst to me, "I need an ENFP."

An intelligent, mature, highly developed ESFP might work, tho.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hm, it's hard to find Te-dom ladies. First of all, I don't know a lot of te-doms of either gender, Te-dom ladies are a bit rarer than Te-dom men, and the rare female who is Te-dom has been socialized to act more F, so it camouflages them a bit.

That being said, my encounters with Te are generally pretty okay. I romantically prefer T's. I have a pretty healthy respect for Te, even if it isn't my strong point. Sometimes I question my INFPdom. :newwink:

I tend to gravitate more towards INTJ/ISTJ types than ENTJ/ESTJ types, though.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I think it's a love-hate-ish relationship. Feels good and yet hurts much. Annoying but alluring.

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well I love weezer, River Cuomo is a clear ISTJ in my opinion and I feel like me and a ISTJ could be a goofy duo but I need the intuition so we don't have awkward moments. I think it depends on the intelligence level as well, I say MAYBE.

la la la

L

LadyLazarus

Well,I haven't met any Te doms,maybe that means I unconsciously avoid them or something,I don't know.

So going off by how actively I seek out Te doms,I'd say no probably not.

Although,I do get on pretty well with the Te-aux's I know most of the time,but we do argue a lot,which when I think about it, might be exactly why I get along with them.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So much! A disproportionate number of my friends are IN types. I have so much Fi, Ni, and Ti going on around me it's insane. It makes me really appreciate my ENFJ friend. But, even she is a secondary Ni user. So, there you go.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well,I haven't met any Te doms,maybe that means I unconsciously avoid them or something,I don't know.

So going off by how actively I seek out Te doms,I'd say no probably not.

Although,I do get on pretty well with the Te-aux's I know most of the time,but we do argue a lot,which when I think about it, might be exactly why I get along with them.

you obviously haven't argued with me yet. I will wear you out! :D

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
isnt everybody? that's the sociobiological purpose of attraction

I believe some types are more likely than others to "inbreed". Which means to answer the OP, not really. I find myself predominantly attracted to Fi/Te users usually. I go both ways on the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se axis and I'd say it's about 50/50. I think the whole concept of opposites attract is baaad. Go ahead try that out in a marriage/relationship :D

:peepwall:

badger055

Permabanned
I believe some types are more likely than others to "inbreed". Which means to answer the OP, not really. I find myself predominantly attracted to Fi/Te users usually. I go both ways on the Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se axis and I'd say it's about 50/50. I think the whole concept of opposites attract is baaad. Go ahead try that out in a marriage/relationship :D

I agree with this. I'm attracted to my own traits that I see in other people.

Senkrad

MBTI Type
FiTe
Enneagram
YwX
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to find Ti and Fe very exhausting. INFJs can work in smaller doses, but otherwise Ti just boggles my mind.
Fi/Te users are so much easier to handle. Well, as long as they don't go into a Fi-overdose.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with this. I'm attracted to my own traits that I see in other people.

but they have your OWN traits. it's just lower ranking.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

we dont disagree on this issue; it doesnt seem like you really understand what i meant

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not really attracted to Te doms. I admire how they can accomplish things where I can't, but I can't imagine actually having romantic feelings towards one. Somehow my relationships with them evolve into a parent-child relationship, which we both end up resenting.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
A FE girl that I was seeing kept telling me that she couldn't read me and she was attracted to that. I find Fe doms frustrating personally and it would take alot of effort for the two of us to read each other properly i'm not sure if it's worth it.

S

Stansmith

Ha, I kind of like some of the more 'P-ish', Fiona Apple/Chan Marshall-type INFPs (I think they're IEI's in socionics).