• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Are The Partier Types?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I say this as someone who has noticed that there are people who are completely against going to parties. They don't like them AND think that many of the things people do at parties to have fun is wrong and unecessary. However, there are a lot of people who find that stuff to be fun.

My idea

Se-dominants will enjoy the party scene the most AND Ni-dominants will enjoy it the least- with T & F not really playing a role in the equations- so these are the types ranked in order of party-hearty

ESTP, ESFP
ENTP, ENFP
ISTP, ISFP
ESTJ, ESFJ, INTP, INFP
ENTJ, ENFJ
ISTJ, ISFJ
INTJ, INFJ

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It really depends on what kind of party. If we're talking about the crazy college type, then mostly ESPs would be into it. If it's more the tea-and-scones variety, ISJs.

INTJs probably wouldn't have much against parties but aren't interested. INFJs would be more against the sort of 'fun' they have.

lastrailway

I think it's a combination of introvertness (or lack of) and shyness (and lack of). In a way that the shy introvert would suffer more if forced to go to a party, while the non-shy extrovert would be happier to join the party. With non-shy introverts and shy extroverts to be in the middle ground. Also the T/F dichotomy would kind of affect the order with the Fes more happy to be at parties and the Fis least happy
According to this, I'd say (from the partiest to the least):

ESFJ/ENFJ
ESTJ/ENTJ
ESFP/ENFP
ESTP/ENTP
ISFJ/INFJ
ISTP/INTP
ISTJ/INTJ
ISFP/INFP

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I say this as someone who has noticed that there are people who are completely against going to parties. They don't like them AND think that many of the things people do at parties to have fun is wrong and unecessary. However, there are a lot of people who find that stuff to be fun.

My idea

Se-dominants will enjoy the party scene the most AND Ni-dominants will enjoy it the least- with T & F not really playing a role in the equations- so these are the types ranked in order of party-hearty

ESTP, ESFP
ENTP, ENFP
ISTP, ISFP
ESTJ, ESFJ, INTP, INFP
ENTJ, ENFJ
ISTJ, ISFJ
INTJ, INFJ

Hm, I basically agree with your ordering.. ExxPs first, ending with IXXJs.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
With my close friends? I really enjoy partying.

MerkW

ESTP, ESFP
ENTP, ENFP
ISTP, ISFP
ESTJ, ESFJ, INTP, INFP
ENTJ, ENFJ
ISTJ, ISFJ
INTJ, INFJ

I agree, for the most part, with ESxP being at the top, but not everything else. For example, I would expect ENxJs to enjoy partying far more than INxPs. Enjoying a party is not solely based on how adept the individual is at using Se. Introversion vs. extroversion plays a rather large role, for instance. As does Fe. Similarly, there are another factors to be taken into account. The type of party, for example. Another factor is the state of the individual. Under stress, an INxJ may have as strong of an urge to party as any typical ESxP might. So, you see what I mean.

EDIT:
Overall, I think it would be slightly more accurate to say...

ESxP, ESxJ
ENTP, ENFP
ENxJ, ISxP
ISTJ, ISFJ
INxP, INxJ

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
It really depends on what kind of party.

Yeah, I agree. If we're talking the kind of party where everyone's just there to get drunk, count me out. If there's actual games/movies/super bowl/reconnecting with old friends, etc going on, then I'm usually down.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Judging by the ISXJ's I know AND the INXP's I know- INXP's enjoy the college parties a lot more than the ISXJ's.

I guess I should have changed what I meant by 'party'.
I know of a lot of Guardians who hate those kinds of parties mostly because of the disorder and rule-breaking that goes on.
ENTP's and ENFP's are all over that stuff.

alicia91

I've always been quite party-hardy. When I was in college, I got into all that craziness, then it was house-parties, clubbing, wine bars, and now - drinks and music on the back deck with friends. Eventually I'll be in my rocking chair and the kids will hand me a sherry.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Generally I'd say it's ExxP > IxxP > ExxJ > IxxJ, and also S > N. It's hard to classify beyond that but I think that ISxP > ENxP and ESxJ > INxP. I'm not sure about that last bit though. At that point it may come down to the individual.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah, I agree. If we're talking the kind of party where everyone's just there to get drunk, count me out. If there's actual games/movies/super bowl/reconnecting with old friends, etc going on, then I'm usually down.

I'd go to that sort of stuff, but I've found that if I do stuff a few days in a row I get exhausted beyond belief... I'm still recovering.

Perhaps we should make a rating for party endurance? Then I'd definitely put INJs at the bottom.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally I'd say it's ExxP > IxxP > ExxJ > IxxJ, and also S > N. It's hard to classify beyond that but I think that ISxP > ENxP and ESxJ > INxP. I'm not sure about that last bit though. At that point it may come down to the individual.

Actually, many of the ISxPs I've met in the past are quite the party goers.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I enjoy partying occasionally if its with close friends. I don't like going to parties where i don't know anyone but a few people.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In response to the OP: I think ENFJ should be higher up on the list. But actually it all prolly just depends on the individual...hmmm....errr...well actually most of the people I know that don't like to party are introverts...I'm guessing a lot of introverts won't like to party. I actually do tho. I love it. And I won't even care if I don't know most of the people as long as I know the host and and I've got one or two good friends there. I know a lot of people with my same type that hate parties tho...actually come to think of it ALL of the people that I know with my same type hate parties.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Perhaps we should make a rating for party endurance? Then I'd definitely put INJs at the bottom.

Agreed. I might venture out once in a blue moon. Unless, the two total anime conventions I go to, count. It's tough. I'd rather spend time with a small group of friends in a quiet setting.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
any of the types that are Extroverted and Perceiving, in my opinion, and maybe Feeling, but I don't know.

Suzanne Brue

MBTI Type
ENFJ

My idea

ESTP, ESFP
ENTP, ENFP
ISTP, ISFP
ESTJ, ESFJ, INTP, INFP
ENTJ, ENFJ
ISTJ, ISFJ
INTJ, INFJ

Have you noticed that ESTJs come to the party with an escape plan--ready to bolt when they've had enough. Other types wouldn't even think about arriving with an exit strategy.

Suzanne Brue

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Agreed. I might venture out once in a blue moon. Unless, the two total anime conventions I go to, count. It's tough. I'd rather spend time with a small group of friends in a quiet setting.

How do you make a big party small so you can endure the surroundings? Tell me your tricks,

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love socializing, so I enjoy parties, as long as it's not a kegger. Not a big fan of drunk strangers. And if you make me play a party game, I'll bite you and run away.