• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ADHD or Ne?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please watch this and tell me..is this how an ADHD looks like, or is this how Ne dominant user looks like? Because I do everything that is in this video that would mean that I am a) a terrible case uf undiagnosed ADHD, or b) just an Ne user.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think those are all pretty much human qualities, and that the video is lightheartedly joking and shouldn't be used to self-diagnose.

In fact I don't like this video at all, ADHD/ADD is severely overdiagnosed and has been for a long time now (about 11% of children in the USA has got the diagnose) and this video perpetuates the belief that being a little scatterbrained and procrastinating things you find boring means you got a neuropsychological disorder. Keep in mind that 6.4 million kids on medication generates a lot of money for medical companies.

Yeah, people with ADHD/ADD do those things, but just because you do those things it doesn't mean you have ADHD/ADD.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok well I guess I don't have ADHD then, just impulsivity and hyperfocus and I don't need adderall for the latter :p

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
ADHD is the world's excuse for becoming increasingly boring.

Cygnus

Please watch this and tell me..is this how an ADHD looks like, or is this how Ne dominant user looks like? Because I do everything that is in this video that would mean that I am a) a terrible case uf undiagnosed ADHD, or b) just an Ne user.

I can't stay seated or study. It's actually my INTP mom who always forgets schedule and misplaces stuff...and then blames it on us.

The thought of writing down a systematic schedule in a book repulses me. I just keep one significant date in my head, and when that date comes, do (thing), then proceed to next task.

Can't read a thing anymore either, it hurts.

So yeah, I'm no ADDer but I'm certainly so scattered it hurts.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh my gosh. It's my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD at roughly age 6-7. Took meds, mostly Concerta (Ritalin) until I was 17. Then I just kind of stopped. But, as someone with ADHD who also uses Ne, I can definitely relate.

I don't usually lose things though... But the studying thing is literally my life. I CANNOT study at home. I have to go somewhere else. It can't be too quiet, because then I get distracted by the quiet. And it can't be too busy, because then all the activity will distract me. Thankfully I have found a coffee shop that suits my needs quite well.

fghw

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
ADHD and Ne are not mutually exclusive. The correlation between them is actually quite strong. The main difference is that Jung saw it as a legitimate aspect of personality while doctors saw it as abnormal.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ADHD-Hyperactive = Se-Dom

ADHD-Inattentive = Ne-Dom