• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HOLY CRAP I'M A SLAVE TO MY DOM FUNCTION

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So I thought I was pretty invulnerable to this concept. But now I understand.

I'm a loose cannon that does nothing but seeks impulses. Often times my body just fucking does what it wants, and my Ti is a slave to my Se, constantly looking for practical ways to achieve the desires of my impulses.

Se says: I WANT MONEY AND FREEDOM TO BE A LOOSE CANNON

Ti says: HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT

I think it has become apparent to me, now, that I need to reach deep down to my real needs and put my Ti at the controls. Now that my Ti understands that I am a loose cannon impulse seeker, my Ti needs to program this exosuit where to go. Holy shit it finally makes sense!

So this whole time I've been asking other people to tell me how to fix the problem, or tell me wtf I'm doing wrong. THe answer is that I'm not actually in control of my life. I don't understand the algorithm of my own body. So I go around asking everyone, "what do I do?" and I become manipulated and persuaded into fulfilling the desires of other people because I myself don't even know how to fulfill my own. My body doesn't fucking listen to me because I don't know how to make it listen.

So now this is making me think about how everyone else is a slave to their dom function without even realizing it.

ENFJs bodies respond to how the ENFJ feels. If the ENFJ feels awesome, their body becomes awesome. As such, they are dependant on others worshipping them telling them how awesome they are, etc. They instead need to turn their secondary function in on themself and realizing their own past history of awesomeness.

Just thought I'd share my epiphany.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I clicked this because I thought the thread title was "I'M A SLAVE TO MY DOM" and now I'm kinda disappointed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

We all are dude. Ive been intrigued by how much we are stuck in our dominant pov for a while now and it is downright scary. Awareness is the first step though, as with many things :wink:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
:D

We all are dude. Ive been intrigued by how much we are stuck in our dominant pov for a while now and it is downright scary. Awareness is the first step though, as with many things :wink:

Yeah. I think a lot of other people recognize how I'm a slave to my impulses, and they sorta control me like this because they're scared I can't control myself. Then I get mad at them for controlling me... But the problem isn't that everyone is evil, the problem is that I am not in control of myself. I need to find the algorithm to program this robot.

I'm a badass. I'll do whatever it takes to get something done. I'll go to shitty jobs and be miserable just for the sake of making money so I can Se some more.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I so get this.

Fe: How can we fix everything?

Si: Do it this way, because that's what worked last time.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti: How can I make sense of this or resolve this?

Ne: Imagine or visualize something that can bring coherency.

I struggle with the alternative, even if the problems with the present situation are clear. Currently, I suspect it's something like this:

Instead of placing my own framework, or my own need for coherency as paramount, try and glimpse the whole, including, perhaps, my own framework within it, and realize that this whole is worthy of my attention also. I don't need to make sense of everything right then and there.... they'll be time enough for that later. I think I can still make sense of things, but I shouldn't do that at the expense of more "food" for Introverted Thinking.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne: Hey, how about X? Oh, that reminds me of Y. Z is pretty fascinating, too. Then there's A, B, and C....and that whole other cloud of stuff I've spent 30 years building.
Ti: The underlying principle here is __________.

Crap, what was I doing again?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yep. my dom functions got me locked up in chains. and i agree, it feels so good to use them.

if only no other functions' use were ever demanded of me, i'd be on fiya!

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I think I'm an ENFJ and I use the functions of an INFJ.. What does that say.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, at least yours cooperates. Mine just likes fucking the rest of them over.

Ne: OOH PRETTY BIG AWESOME AMAZING UNIVERSE WOW :heart:
Fi: Hey, people are hurting. You should help them.
Te: The optimal solution would be to get a job helping them.
Si: Job applications. Fuck. What is my SSN again?

Ne: STOP GUYS LOOK A CONSTELLATION WOW
Fi: :mad:
Te: :mad:
Si: :sleeping:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te: Shit needs to get done. There's something in the way. DAMMIT.
Si: You could move it this way? That's how it's usually done.
Ne: This situation is different -- try generalizing a bit farther. Add on details from other situations to merge into a brand new solution!
Fi: Meshes with values? Check.
Te: Okay, meeting adjourned. Problem solved. ONWARD.

Fe: How can we fix everything?

Si: Do it this way, because that's what worked last time.
Yeah, pretty much this. :yes:
Hey, at least yours cooperates. Mine just likes fucking the rest of them over.

Ne: OOH PRETTY BIG AWESOME AMAZING UNIVERSE WOW :heart:
Fi: Hey, people are hurting. You should help them.
Te: The optimal solution would be to get a job helping them.
Si: Job applications. Fuck. What is my SSN again?

Ne: STOP GUYS LOOK A CONSTELLATION WOW
Fi: :mad:
Te: :mad:
Si: :sleeping:
:laugh: !!

Alea_iacta_est

My Dominant function makes me its slave too.

Ni - K, guys, I have this perfect plan, and we are going to follow this plan and it is going to be glorious when it happens.
Te - But it seems a bit unrealistic doesn-
Ni - God why do I even bother dealing with you, you never allow me any fun.
Ti - I don't know why you deal with him either, but this plan seems absolutely perfect because it makes sense to me.
Ni - I know right, now if only we could find a way to implement it.
Ti - I know, I'll just keep fine-tuning it and wasting time to create the perfect scenario.
Te - You guys suck.
inf. Se - HOLY FUCK JUST DO SOMETHING ALREADY

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there. :hi:

I'm a loose cannon that does nothing but seeks impulses.

How are your dominant MBTI cognitive function (Se) and having impulse control issues related?

Often times my body just fucking does what it wants, and my Ti is a slave to my Se, constantly looking for practical ways to achieve the desires of my impulses.

Your body cannot do anything without direction from your mind, be it conscious, or unconscious. Is this what you mean? It is not clear to me, that's why I'm asking; I'm not asking to be a smart ass.

Se says: I WANT MONEY AND FREEDOM TO BE A LOOSE CANNON

Why do you want to be a loose cannon?
Seriously.
Is there some sort of appeal in not having the discretion to act in ways that are in accordance with your thoughts, beliefs, values, and feelings?
DESTRUCTION (aka, being a loose cannon, or being reckless) is the work of amateurs - CREATION is far more difficult, and much more worthwhile to master...

Ti says: HERE'S HOW YOU DO IT

Gotta' love Ti - Oh yeah!! :laugh:

I think it has become apparent to me, now, that I need to reach deep down to my real needs and put my Ti at the controls. Now that my Ti understands that I am a loose cannon impulse seeker, my Ti needs to program this exosuit where to go. Holy shit it finally makes sense!

Will anything else serve to guide your exosuit?
How about Fe? Or Ni? Or your feelings?
Each of these tools (whether your cognitive functions or more robustly defined mental constructs like feelings, beliefs, etc.) has a distinct ability to guide you in specific ways when used alone, but they almost never used alone - and that's why I'm throwing it out there to considering letting your other controls participate in establishing your inner compass.

So this whole time I've been asking other people to tell me how to fix the problem, or tell me wtf I'm doing wrong.

I thought you were a life coach? :whistling:
Who do you ask for guidance to fix your problems? :newwink:

THe answer is that I'm not actually in control of my life.

No you're not, but you are in control of yourself, and you are accountable for your actions.

I don't understand the algorithm of my own body.

None of us do, you're in good company.

So I go around asking everyone, "what do I do?" and I become manipulated and persuaded into fulfilling the desires of other people because I myself don't even know how to fulfill my own.

Are you being melodramatic?
In order to fulfill your own desires you must first decide what you desire - and why you desire it.
Without that foundation laid you will fly aimlessly in life for many years.

My body doesn't fucking listen to me because I don't know how to make it listen.

I thought you were a gymnast?
Seriously.
This is getting emo, Bro.
Are you really an ESTP 8w7?
It's fine if you're not, this is just out of character commentary for you.

So now this is making me think about how everyone else is a slave to their dom function without even realizing it.

I honestly don't think that is the case, but I'm sure some people in this world fit that bill.

ENFJs bodies respond to how the ENFJ feels. If the ENFJ feels awesome, their body becomes awesome. As such, they are dependant on others worshipping them telling them how awesome they are, etc. They instead need to turn their secondary function in on themself and realizing their own past history of awesomeness.

The mind, body and spirit are inextricably linked.
Whatever the mechanism of how one affects the other two is will vary a lot from person to person.
Whether or not there is any correlation between the mind/body/spirit triple constraint (one variable cannot change without affecting the other two) and a given person's MBTI is kind of a stretch, however how given person implements change across their mind/body/spirit might have more of a chance of being correlated to MBTI type.

Just thought I'd share my epiphany.

I hope you're doing well and having a good evening.
Seriously.

:hifive:

-Halla74

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hi there. :hi:

How are your dominant MBTI cognitive function (Se) and having impulse control issues related?

Your body cannot do anything without direction from your mind, be it conscious, or unconscious. Is this what you mean? It is not clear to me, that's why I'm asking; I'm not asking to be a smart ass.

Why do you want to be a loose cannon?
Seriously.
Is there some sort of appeal in not having the discretion to act in ways that are in accordance with your thoughts, beliefs, values, and feelings?
DESTRUCTION (aka, being a loose cannon, or being reckless) is the work of amateurs - CREATION is far more difficult, and much more worthwhile to master...

Gotta' love Ti - Oh yeah!! :laugh:

Will anything else serve to guide your exosuit?
How about Fe? Or Ni? Or your feelings?
Each of these tools (whether your cognitive functions or more robustly defined mental constructs like feelings, beliefs, etc.) has a distinct ability to guide you in specific ways when used alone, but they almost never used alone - and that's why I'm throwing it out there to considering letting your other controls participate in establishing your inner compass.

I thought you were a life coach? :whistling:
Who do you ask for guidance to fix your problems? :newwink:

No you're not, but you are in control of yourself, and you are accountable for your actions.

None of us do, you're in good company.

Are you being melodramatic?
In order to fulfill your own desires you must first decide what you desire - and why you desire it.
Without that foundation laid you will fly aimlessly in life for many years.

Seriously.

I honestly don't think that is the case, but I'm sure some people in this world fit that bill.

The mind, body and spirit are inextricably linked.
Whatever the mechanism of how one affects the other two is will vary a lot from person to person.
Whether or not there is any correlation between the mind/body/spirit triple constraint (one variable cannot change without affecting the other two) and a given person's MBTI is kind of a stretch, however how given person implements change across their mind/body/spirit might have more of a chance of being correlated to MBTI type.

I hope you're doing well and having a good evening.
Seriously.

:hifive:

-Halla74

I had a moment recently where my Ni Fe kicked in and was like, 'Hey dumbass, look at this' and I suddenly realized that everyone around me was scared or lost in their lives in some way. My chakras must have aligned or something but suddenly my whole outlook on others has changed.

And in a way, I'm in complete control over my body... I have programmed it well... but it just sorta goes on autopilot. When I tell my body I want ice cream, my body stops at nothing to get ice cream. It will walk through the wall of the store if it has to, lol. I, on the other hand, don't really know how to program my body to stop getting bored at shitty jobs, or how to get up fix the jeep and go to church.

á´…eparted

passages
Aren't we all slaves to our dominate function? I mean, it's dominant for a reason. The word slave sort of implies it in a negative context. In that case, the other functions need to balance it out. On the other hand our functions do put a limitation on what we can and can not do. By and large I don't allow my Ni to control every fiber of my being anymore, but would it allow me to upon waking on a saturday morning, put all my stuff in a bag and go on an unplanned trip to the coast with no forethought beforehand? Hell no. (though that does sound like a lovely idea...)

Ni - K, guys, I have this perfect plan, and we are going to follow this plan and it is going to be glorious when it happens.
Ti - I don't know why you deal with him either, but this plan seems absolutely perfect because it makes sense to me.
Ti - I know, I'll just keep fine-tuning it and wasting time to create the perfect scenario.
Te - You guys suck.

Heeeeee. That last line made me smile :D.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Te - You guys suck.

Lol funny. Btw I'd fix inf. Se a bit, make the "something" a concrete something.

Easily, I think.

It's a pretty bad idea to try and retype people based on a few lines

I really wouldn't go by stereotypes that much. No.

Btw you did have some good advice in your post, I'm just calling you out on this one

And in a way, I'm in complete control over my body... I have programmed it well... but it just sorta goes on autopilot. When I tell my body I want ice cream, my body stops at nothing to get ice cream. It will walk through the wall of the store if it has to, lol. I, on the other hand, don't really know how to program my body to stop getting bored at shitty jobs, or how to get up fix the jeep and go to church.

Why even bother with church?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Easily, I think.

Respectfully disagreed.
There is alot more to the human decision making process than MBTI cognitive functions.
IMHO, that comment was rooted in attention-seeking behavior, as exhibited by this member for many months.

It's a pretty bad idea to try and retype people based on a few lines

It's a worse idea to assume that I haven't done my homework.
You have no idea what I know about this user, or his posts here - you can only assume, which you did, and you are wrong.
Please see above, my feedback was based on months of reading this user's posts, many of which are caustic, and content of which ranges from "I know everything and no one can tell me shit" to "I'm a sad, confused person with no idea how to use my brain and my body."

Valaki said:
I really wouldn't go by stereotypes that much. No.

I don't. I've spoken against them for years on this forum.

Btw you did have some good advice in your post, I'm just calling you out on this one

Thank you. I have no qualm with you; we've had a few great discussions and I understand your take on things more often than not.
In this case you are, for lack of a better term, "trying to defend someone who has caused there own problems" - and - "is such a self-absorbed individual that it is highly unlikely that any amount of constructive feedback will amount to anything more than a waste of your time."

Do some research on his posts from his early days here, and through the last few months.
I believe it will not be difficult to verify my position as stated above.

Have a great day, Valaki!

:solidarity:

-Halla74

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Seriously.

Perhaps I should be more explicit.

My body does what it wants. If it wants to sit on the floor and play ps3 while eating pizza and ice cream for a week straight, its going to do that until someone else has a more exciting idea. All this despite me knowing I should get a job or cook healthier meals. I mean I can willpower myself off the floor and do other things, but it feels like I'm trying to push a rhinocerus up a hill. But shit-damn, the moment you tell me I get free shots and a trip downtown to the club, I'm on my feet like a fat kid on cake!

Yes I have amazing hand-eye coordination and physical control of my body, and I have amazing discipline... IF MY BODY WANTS IT. But my mind is always playing catch up with my gut. Before I realize the gravity of the decision I've made, its already done.

Solar Plexus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you talk about your body doing what it wants, I think you are referring to your subconscious mind, despite your conscious awareness that you should oppose those impulses. Your subconscious mind is vastly superior to your conscious mind and contains most of your long-forgotten memories, repressed emotions, gut instincts and deep-seated thinking patterns that govern your perceptions and behaviors.