• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Danish MBTI stats.

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
I found this Danish MBTI stat. and thought I would share the result.

3000 random Danes.
ESTJ 20,6
ISTJ 15,5
ENTP 11,2
ESTP 9,6
ENTJ 7,1
ISTP 6,7
ENFP 5,3
ESFJ 4,3
INTP 4,5
ESFP 3,5
ISFJ 2,8
INTJ 2,3
INFP 2,2
ISFP 2,1
ENFJ 1,6
INFJ 0,7

Functions in %
E:63,2 I:36,7
S:65,0 N:35,0
T:77,4 F:22,6
J:55,0 P:45,0

Engineers in Denmark %
Stat. made on 404 persons.
ESTJ 22,0
ISTJ 21,0
ENTP 10,9
ENTJ 10,1
ESTP 9,9
ISTP 7,2
INTP 6,2
ENFP 3,2
INTJ 2,5
Not mentioned types = below 1%

Psychologists in Denmark %
Stat. made on 171 persons
ENTP 29,6
ENFP 16,9
INTP 11,3
INFP 9,9
ENTJ 7,0
ESTP 5,6
INTJ 4,2
ENFJ 2,8
ESFJ 2,8
ISTP 2,8
ISTJ 2,8
INFJ 2,8

Leaders in the public sector
Stat. made on 300 persons
ENTJ 25,0
ESTJ 22,0
ENTP 18,0
ESTP 15,0
ISTJ 7,0
INTJ 5,0
INTP 3,0
ISTP 2,0
ESFJ 2,0

Functions in %
E:82 I:18
S:48 N:52
T:97 F:3
J:61,5 P:38,5

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
high t-count!

Yeah, that surprised me as well. It doesn't match my own real life pic. Most women I know seem to be Fs and most men Ts...but then again, I don't know that many people.

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most women I know seem to be Fs and most men Ts.

:shock:

The low number of ISFJs is shocking. I have seen American statistics where they are the most common type of all. The percentage of ENTXs in the large sample seems oddly high; and what the fuck is the deal about finding more INTPs than ESFJs in the general population? That goes beyond human imagination...

Many Ns in psychology and even overall (35% when Keirsey talks about less than 20%).

The prevalence of T in positions of leadership (public sector or not) could be expected, but 97% is more than "prevalence", it's monopoly! Interesting. I thought ESFJs, ISFJs and ESFPs would have at least 4 or 5% of spots each. 20% of ENTJs is proper and reveals a good education system where people study what they are good at and not what people tell them to.

The relatively small percentage of INTJs in engineering is surprising to me as well. They seem to be the most common N type studying engineering where I have taken courses (barely more common than ENFPs when you normalize these statistics).

Denmark should export ENTPs... I never saw any statistics giving so many ENTXs. Every third psychologist an ENTP is quite astounding. NFJs are outcasts.

Interesting. More! More!

Here are some stats for the U.S..

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I found this Danish MBTI stat. and thought I would share the result.

I find all MBTI statistics highly suspect. :( Some people test correctly (or quickly identify their type in an introductory discussion of the four dimensions), but in my experience the majority struggles for at least a week and often months before settling on a type that they and everyone around them recognize as correct. I figure these people must really screw up any MBTI statistics where survey-takers have not essentially befriended each respondent for six months.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Those look largely like stats taken from higher education; do you know if the samples were taken from such? (That's a huge variation from CAPT standards...)

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
Bah, that again. Sometimes, when I hit reply only part of what I wrote goes through.

Park

MBTI Type
INTP
:Denmark should export ENTPs... I never saw any statistics giving so many ENTXs. Every third psychologist an ENTP is quite astounding. NFJs are outcasts.

Interesting. More! More!

Here are some stats for the U.S..

Thanks Tayshaun, I very much like looking at MBTI stats. Kind of gives me an image of a certain population. I can't find a source for the stats. I posted. The numbers came up as a part of a MBTI powerpoint presentation made by a Dorte Cohr Lützen who does seem to be a certified MBTI consultant so I gues the numbers didn't just pop up from no where. However, I would like to know the criterias for the stats.

:
I find all MBTI statistics highly suspect. Some people test correctly (or quickly identify their type in an introductory discussion of the four dimensions), but in my experience the majority struggles for at least a week and often months before settling on a type that they and everyone around them recognize as correct. I figure these people must really screw up any MBTI statistics where survey-takers have not essentially befriended each respondent for six months.

Yeah, it's just a stat. on MBTI tests I gues - not a nessecarily a RL picture of how a population is put togeather.

ptgatsby Those look largely like stats taken from higher education; do you know if the samples were taken from such? (That's a huge variation from CAPT standards...)

Again, that's my problem, I'm still looking for the source. However, the Danes are, as you know, relatively well-educated.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Again, that's my problem, I'm still looking for the source. However, the Danes are, as you know, relatively well-educated.

Quite true.

The official numbers for the US are here

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I find all MBTI statistics highly suspect. :( Some people test correctly (or quickly identify their type in an introductory discussion of the four dimensions), but in my experience the majority struggles for at least a week and often months before settling on a type that they and everyone around them recognize as correct. I figure these people must really screw up any MBTI statistics where survey-takers have not essentially befriended each respondent for six months.
Agreed. There was a blog, regarding why many mistype as SJ, since it is the temperament that matches the daily nine-to-five work ethic. Otherwise, I can only see two types having any semblance of rarity (both INJs). Yet, it would seem to make sense that, if those two types were rare, then ISJs could be just as rare, wherein one has a propensity to look to the future, and the other the past.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP

I tested SJ for years.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
OMG! the Fs are going extinct in Danish land! *PLEASE PEOPLE* Fill out this new volunteer form I have put together! It says that 'those who volunteer will send over their next born child of F to the Danes'--THEY NEED OUR HELP TODAY! Help repopulate the danish kingdom with a new generation of Fs and go to idonatedmyFchildtothedanishkingdomandimproud.org for more inspirational stories of how exported children have helped person after person! Donate your child today! :yes:

Bah, that again. Sometimes, when I hit reply only part of what I wrote goes through.
if you press the 'back' button, many times you can still access what you typed and try sending it again :)

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Really? During that time, did you think you were SJ?

I consistently test ENTJ unless I "answer I" on purpose. :rolleyes:

At the time, I was not aware of MBTI ... so I was just acting the way I thought society expected me to act ... which mostly translated to what I now know is SJ. I went to a military college, so the structured and regulated way was the norm there. It was the same for my military career in my 20's. I did flip-flop into what I now know was SP mode ... as some of the SP tactical virtuosos were respected for their results ... even though they broke some of the rules.

I alternated between SJ and SP, but was never happy in either mode. In fact, I was so unhappy that I began sneaking away from work regularly (usually with SP friends/colleagues) to drink and womanize. I also started disregarding orders and directives that I felt were stupid or made no sense. Believe me, there were a lot of those. I butted heads with my superiors more and more frequently. My home life disintegrated as well when my unhappiness spilled over. Like some of my SP brethren, I still obtained good results with my unit, so my actions were tolerated ... for the time being.

The decision was made for me when I was forced out of the military after my boss accidentally killed a US soldier in the first gulf war, and then pinned the blame on me. I often wonder if he would have found somebody else to blame if I had been more of a team player and conformed. I did fight back .... for over 5 years ... and eventually my former boss was reduced in rank and forced out the military as well.

In retrospect, leaving the military was a good sanity break for me. I often think I should have just done my 5 year requirement and left then. I had a clean slate when I left, and realized that I did not want to go into management, so I became a software engineer. There are a lot of NTs in my field and it is much more suited to my personality, so I feel more content. I still have the persistent shadow haning over me that I do not want to move into leadership positions ... especially given all my military training and when employers see West Point on my resume. True to form however, as INTPs grow older, they have less and less desire to direct the activities of others. That is certainly the case with me.