• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lets talk about the shadow

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sounds like if you merge with your shadow you are going to alienate everyone in your life.

I'm having difficulty deciding if my shadow is this unstoppable force, or a weak pathetic pussy bitch. I obviously don't want people to SEE that I'm a weak pathetic pussy bitch, but I'm well aware of it.

I am NOT, however, aware of the pure evil that my dominant 2 functions are capable of, that everyone seems to be accusing me of.

Actually, I'm starting to think a lot of my problems are due to the fact that I'm unaware of my own pure evil side. That I walk around acting like I'm not a bad guy, (cuz I'm not), and everyone is getting their pants in a jiffy over nothing.

I need to be this pure evil, but with a secret heart of gold... is what I'm hearing.

badger055

Permabanned
I'm having difficulty deciding if my shadow is this unstoppable force, or a weak pathetic pussy bitch. I obviously don't want people to SEE that I'm a weak pathetic pussy bitch, but I'm well aware of it.

I am NOT, however, aware of the pure evil that my dominant 2 functions are capable of, that everyone seems to be accusing me of.

Actually, I'm starting to think a lot of my problems are due to the fact that I'm unaware of my own pure evil side. That I walk around acting like I'm not a bad guy, (cuz I'm not), and everyone is getting their pants in a jiffy over nothing.

I need to be this pure evil, but with a secret heart of gold... is what I'm hearing.

Look up the individuation process. If I remember right you are supposed to merge with your evil side first (shadow) and then once that stage is done you merge with your anima which is your girl side (feelings and crap). If the unstoppable force is driven by power or greed then it's probably evil too.

Individuation means that one becomes a person, an individual, a totally integrated personality. It is a process of self realization during which one integrates those contents of the psyche that have the ability to become conscious. It is a search for totality.

The individuation process begins with becoming conscious of the Persona, the mask we take on in our every day life. After this we become conscious of the Shadow, the repressed characteristics of the ego. Then we become conscious of the Anima, the inner woman in each man, or the Animus, the inner man in each woman. Then the image of the old wise man, or the old wise mother appears, after which the experience of the Self happens.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]

weird. I think that makes sense.

I'm curious to know how my relationship with god fits into this. The unstoppable force is motivated by freedom and love for friends, but they don't seem to recognize that all the time. The only reason I want money, is so that I can build my empire of heaven. Convincing people of this has often been a difficult challenge, and many people in my family don't seem to get it except possibly my ESTJ father. I think people are often convinced of this when I spend 2 seconds to tame the fire and show them my heart for a split second, so to speak.

I think being able to recognize the need to show the anima to others, is whats important. Up until now, showing the anima has always been something I felt like... I needed to learn how to do 24/7 without fear. But that's not the case at all. Instead of ignoring my enormous ego, I need to embrace it but show others my anima as a way to protect them from any issues they may face from my strengths.

"jesus loves us for the evil sinners we are"

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when I think about this too hard I start to think I'm an INFJ, lol.

You are you, not four letters.

Is it possible that people fear my shadow and don't want me to realize it because they know I will become obsessed with it?

Most people don't even know what a "shadow" is in MBTI terms.

Is it possible that INTJ hate me because my avatar and lifestyle represents something they repress within themselves?

Maybe ask them?

My INTJ brother talks to me like I'm unicron, destroyer of worlds. And its blows my mind. I think he spreads this fucking filth to the rest of my family, I have a lot of people in my family lecturing me and "reminding me" about morals on earth and the value of other humans, which to me is retarded because these are all things I already value, but perhaps they don't see it?

"Filth" sounds a bit over the top.

Why do you care about the lectures though? It's just stupid shit. Why not just simply go into "I don't care" mode when they start harping about moral ideals?

yeah i think my intj brother is having a tyler durden moment. I'm pretty fucking sure that's what is happening right now. I wonder what would happen if I said, "I am you."

Not INFJ? :)

Does he even know anything about MBTI?

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]

weird. I think that makes sense.

I'm curious to know how my relationship with god fits into this. The unstoppable force is motivated by freedom and love for friends, but they don't seem to recognize that all the time. The only reason I want money, is so that I can build my empire of heaven. Convincing people of this has often been a difficult challenge, and many people in my family don't seem to get it except possibly my ESTJ father. I think people are often convinced of this when I spend 2 seconds to tame the fire and show them my heart for a split second, so to speak.

I think being able to recognize the need to show the anima to others, is whats important. Up until now, showing the anima has always been something I felt like... I needed to learn how to do 24/7 without fear. But that's not the case at all. Instead of ignoring my enormous ego, I need to embrace it but show others my anima as a way to protect them from any issues they may face from my strengths.

"jesus loves us for the evil sinners we are"

I'm not hating and this might be kind of brutal but I think clinging to god is just a substitute for a weak sense of self and substitute for a strong sx connection and a manifestation of your inner infj. Saying things like "build an empire of heaven" sounds like I'm talking to an INFJ now it makes no sense except in a general spiritual way. If I had a strong sx connection with a girl I would want to do everything for her naturally. It works the same way with your connection with god. If you want to mature out of that then you learn to love yourself and make a strong sx connection with yourself and there are other places to get your spiritual fix. Then you can stand on your own.

Being motivated by freedom is more of a 7 thing so I don't think that's entirely true. Probably something you tell yourself. Building an empire period sounds more like an 8. If that's the case then you should embrace it without feeling ashamed. I don't see what's wrong with doing things for yourself. In the end you can use your empire to help people if that's what you want.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not hating and this might be kind of brutal but I think clinging to god is just a substitute for a weak sense of self and substitute for a strong sx connection and a manifestation of your inner infj. Saying things like "build an empire of heaven" sounds like I'm talking to an INFJ now it makes no sense except in a general spiritual way. If I had a strong sx connection with a girl I would want to do everything for her naturally. It works the same way with your connection with god. If you want to mature out of that then you learn to love yourself and make a strong sx connection with yourself and there are other places to get your spiritual fix. Then you can stand on your own.

Being motivated by freedom is more of a 7 thing so I don't think that's entirely true. Probably something you tell yourself. Building an empire period sounds more like an 8. If that's the case then you should embrace it without feeling ashamed. I don't see what's wrong with doing things for yourself. In the end you can use your empire to help people if that's what you want.

My weak relationship with god IS my weak sense of self. And while that may sound like I think I am god, that's not true. A strong relationship with god requires a strong understanding of myself. I encounter trials and ask to understand and it ends up equating to self awareness.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You aren't necessarily supposed to act on your shadow. Just be aware of it. And if you do act, take responsibility for it instead of saying something like "I was unable to resist the temptation."

Honesty is important to my sense of morality, yet I find myself saying things sometimes I do not actually believe in hopes of getting the reaction from others I want.

badger055

Permabanned
My weak relationship with god IS my weak sense of self. And while that may sound like I think I am god, that's not true. A strong relationship with god requires a strong understanding of myself. I encounter trials and ask to understand and it ends up equating to self awareness.

Ok well whatever works for you I have no idea what it's like to be you. I'm not the best person to talk about god with. My dad was a religious zealot infj who wasted my time with that stuff my whole life. The closest thing I have to a bible is fight club. I'm not afraid of being on my own and facing the unknown I live in the chaos. I live without fear or limits.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ok well whatever works for you I have no idea what it's like to be you. I'm not the best person to talk about god with. My dad was a religious zealot infj who wasted my time with that stuff my whole life. The closest thing I have to a bible is fight club. I'm not afraid of being on my own and facing the unknown I live in the chaos. I live without fear or limits.

haha ok.

You aren't necessarily supposed to act on your shadow. Just be aware of it. And if you do act, take responsibility for it instead of saying something like "I was unable to resist the temptation."

Honesty is important to my sense of morality, yet I find myself saying things sometimes I do not actually believe in hopes of getting the reaction from others I want.

Yeah I gathered that. Keep being me, but know that my shadow is how some people may interpret me, and in understanding this I may be able to better solve the problem they are having with me.

Hmm... I wonder if two types that are the same, are able to identify one anothers' shadows. Socionics says that identical relations help serve as a mirror to yourself. Or maybe that's super-ego relations? Could be why I get so furious with ENFPs. Simply being with them makes me neurotic because we see one anothers aspects that are a part of ourselves, but in being with the person we begin to realize we're not actually talking to them at all, and they communicate on another wavelength we are unaware of.

G

garbage

I'm surprised that nobody's expressed the opinion that it's good to try to take on a perspective that's not your own, shoot for balance, embrace and integrate all aspects of yourself, experience 'firsthand' what's 'you' and 'not you,' etc.

That, or I missed it :shrug:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm surprised that nobody's expressed the opinion that it's good to try to take on a perspective that's not your own, shoot for balance, embrace and integrate all aspects of yourself, experience 'firsthand' what's 'you' and 'not you,' etc.

That, or I missed it :shrug:

I think the fact that I ignore my own humane aspects really disturbs people.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm... I wonder if two types that are the same, are able to identify one anothers' shadows. Socionics says that identical relations help serve as a mirror to yourself. Or maybe that's super-ego relations? Could be why I get so furious with ENFPs. Simply being with them makes me neurotic because we see one anothers aspects that are a part of ourselves, but in being with the person we begin to realize we're not actually talking to them at all, and they communicate on another wavelength we are unaware of.

I think so...I can definitely see it in other INTPs.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Its a really bad idea to try to force your functions to the equation, its just going to throw you off the path to understanding this. Maybe later after you get to know your shadow you can see some connection with your shadow and functions, but trying to see shadow through functions will just disturb your thinking, because shadow isnt about your functions. Also its the inferior that is the main gateway to your unconscious, but thats just because its the least differentiated functions and thus most connected to your unconscious/shadow side. Shadow isnt a way of processing things, its more of a bias in processing things, functions are ways to process things, two completely different things. Its like one is the way in which a thing flows, one is the thing that flows.

Then few words about my shadow. First i am pretty in tune with my shadow, im not afraid of it and i let it roam free in my imagination and because i let it run free in my imagination(i do active imagination quite a bit), i can control it and still be aware of it to a pretty good degree. I dont care to write everything as it would take too much effort. One aspect of my shadow is that its really violent, i mean like cutting your throat and leaving you to die. I mean i never had to do any violence to anyone and thats not something i would want to do. The way i have learned to control this is that every time i let my mind wander to that sort of subjects, i have some really good justification to it and the imagined situation is always such that using violence is the last resort. When it comes to acting through this part of the shadow, well i never had to(few times it has been close, but thanks to my fearless attitude and razor sharp tongue, those assholes understood to back off), but i wouldnt be afraid to act violently if its absolutely needed.

Watch these videos and try to forget what most people are telling you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqecYP5TvUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrAGJEMnHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfocK7bYkes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eIcWuFVwSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQdMugGFj-Y

http://traffic.libsyn.com/jungian/JUNG_PODCAST_4.mp3

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think I'm understanding my own shadow. There is a sort of golem charicature that I write about in my sci fi book. A sociopathic inhuman entity that feels no pain and emotes nothing, and follows his own guidlines that are not clear to others and is surprisingly violent (the creature tends to rip out people's hearts and brains with one swift motion while moving very slowly and gracefully).

This guy right here:

knmi.jpg

Am I on the right track?

Even my current avatar is kind of symbolic of this same character, although tron is more of a hero than a villain.

Although perhaps my shadow has more to do with that same sociopathic character bumping into walls and falling down randomly, lol.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol there are still members, who can make me laugh... it's kind of this laugh like I don't know if they are an ultimate trollers, or really mean it, but what they write is funny one way, or another.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
lol there are still members, who can make me laugh... it's kind of this laugh like I don't know if they are an ultimate trollers, or really mean it, but what they write is funny one way, or another.

And yet when you point the finger you have 3 fingers pointing right back at you.

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION]
Looks like it. Mine is like this sadistic murderous psychotic vengeful rapist. It doesn't really look like anything it just gives me the feeling like I'm squeezing down on someone's neck. It says things like - I'm going to kill you, I'm going to rape you, I'm going to destroy you, I want to hear you scream, I want to see you bleed, I'm going to terrorize you, I'm going to take everything you hold dear, I'm going to make you pay, I will go to the ends of the earth find you even if it takes my whole life. Then I can turn it on my goals and it's like my goals get destroyed they stand no chance.

[MENTION=18559]SophiaDeep[/MENTION]
oh hey hows it going

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10984" target="_blank">Azure Flame</a>
Looks like it. Mine is like this sadistic murderous psychotic vengeful rapist. It doesn't really look like anything it just gives me the feeling like I'm squeezing down on someone's neck. It says things like - I'm going to kill you, I'm going to rape you, I'm going to destroy you, I want to hear you scream, I want to see you bleed, I'm going to terrorize you, I'm going to take everything you hold dear, I'm going to make you pay, I will go to the ends of the earth find you even if it takes my whole life. Then I can turn it on my goals and it's like my goals get destroyed they stand no chance.

I'm not sure if its my shadow, but I definitely have a part of me that no one really sees that I'm trying to constantly warn people about. Especially women and fellow employees. There's a sort of rabid dog gnashing of teeth foaming at the mouth thing goin on. But that isn't really something I hide. I do it everywhere and refuse to stop doing it, and i get fired a lot at a result. Ha!

I think a lot of people see me as this:
little-boy-short-haircut.jpg

When in actuality I feel like this picture + song:

But I don't think that's my shadow, because I'm not really ashamed of it. It just is.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree, I think that's your ego, image, identification that you would like to project. Your shadow is much more embarrassing, like you mentioned, that same creature wearing a tutu and writing poetry about its feelings.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree, I think that's your ego, image, identification that you would like to project. Your shadow is much more embarrassing, like you mentioned, that same creature wearing a tutu and writing poetry about its feelings.

may i ask how you experience your shadow as an ENFP?