• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and Job Interviews

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello there,

Quick question, I am looking for a job at the moment. One thing I'm finding myself doing after interviews is thinking about what my interviewer's type is, and how that would affect the kind of person they look for.

Do you think there are types that are more likely to look for people they think are like themselves? Do you think some types make better interviewers, are more fair, better at recognising potential, or objective etc?

How do you think interviewer and interviewee personality type affects someone's likelihood to get a job?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well this is a pretty pointless question...

unless the person is really stereotypical example of a type.

Because if not, then how do you type them reliably from only a few facts available to you? Then that would essentially mean that you take a few randomly observed facts and make a really really big logical jump to the conclusion that they'll be more likely to do this or that because of type. No, it doesn't work like that, those few pieces of facts contain very little information so you cannot guess that far about the person's tendencies in unrelated areas.

(And then I didn't even go into the issue of how there's probably pretty low correlation between type and ways of interviewing etc, low enough to be not very reliable for anything)

alphashallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well this is a pretty pointless question...

unless the person is really stereotypical example of a type.

Because if not, then how do you type them reliably from only a few facts available to you? Then that would essentially mean that you take a few randomly observed facts and make a really really big logical jump to the conclusion that they'll be more likely to do this or that because of type. No, it doesn't work like that, those few pieces of facts contain very little information so you cannot guess that far about the person's tendencies in unrelated areas.

(And then I didn't even go into the issue of how there's probably pretty low correlation between type and ways of interviewing etc, low enough to be not very reliable for anything)

There's literally no such thing as a pointless question... you can disagree if you like but you don't have to be rude about it. It's up for discussion.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's literally no such thing as a pointless question... you can disagree if you like but you don't have to be rude about it. It's up for discussion.

Have you bothered to read any further than the first line?

There I explained why I disagreed.

Don't say anything until you actually read my whole post.