• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

judgment functions

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
after reading "Non-Violent Communication" by Marshall Rosenberg, the perfect treatise on Fi intelligence, i've been working with a simplified notion for how the socio-cognitive functions work in terms of our relationships.

Fi: needs
Ti: rights
Fe: attitudes
Te: strategies

needs is deeper than attitudes, not in terms of a totem pole of ultimate depth or intensity of feeling but in terms of where it is processed on the axis between embodiment and mentalization/imagination. attitudes is about articulation, needs is about a felt sense of where we are at. kind of like, more fifth chakra (attitudes) than fourth chakra (needs). which is why Fi has a different kind of balance when it is fine-tuned and has fully blossomed in terms of offering empathy in increasingly challenging negotiations (not only between mind and body but between self and other).

in short, we utilize strategies to meet our needs. we communicate with constructive attitudes that acknowledge and consider how using our rights affects others.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In terms of communication, I think this is pretty good. Ti & Fi are always more focused on the concept and Fe & Te on "action" or implementing & adapting existing concepts to "work". Of course that's sort of an I/E difference in general.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont approve