• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTJ 7w8

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to know if that is even possible...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sure. Why not?

My ESTJ is a 8w9.

[MENTION=857]FDG[/MENTION] is 7w8 ENTJ. But I guess Ni versus Si could play into this? *shrug*

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Thinking of the basic (official?) description from Wikipedia it would be possible. According to this 7s seek wisdom and want to be satisfied and content. Actually every type would work, but I don't think an ESTJ would score high on 7 on tests.
7 is also described as childlike, not submissive and comical.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thinking of the basic (official?) description from Wikipedia it would be possible. According to this 7s seek wisdom and want to be satisfied and content. Actually every type would work, but I don't think an ESTJ would score high on 7 on tests.
7 is also described as childlike, not submissive and comical.

My mother often asserts she is a positive person, and she says it is important to stay busy, positive, and realistic. She says I waste time by talking about theories and ideas, and she always asks why I am so negative. She is pushy and has a temper. She is ruthless in acquiring what she wants.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
My mother often asserts she is a positive person, and she says it is important to stay busy, positive, and realistic. She says I waste time by talking about theories and ideas, and she always asks why I am so negative. She is pushy and has a temper. She is ruthless in acquiring what she wants.

She's likely an ESTx, you should get her to do a test. Maybe she's even a 7.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's likely an ESTx, you should get her to do a test. Maybe she's even a 7.

I tried in the past, but she thinks mbti is wierd, a waste of time, and nonsense.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've got so much goddamn 7 in me -- integration + tritype -- that the idea of an ESTJ 7 doesn't seem at all out of the realm of possibility.

Then again, *puts on broken record* any person of any MBTI type can be of any Enneagram type.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've got so much goddamn 7 in me -- integration + tritype -- that the idea of an ESTJ 7 doesn't seem at all out of the realm of possibility.

Then again, *puts on broken record* any person of any MBTI type can be of any Enneagram type.

Do you relate to my mother's description?

My mom looks more 7ish than I do to myself.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you relate to my mother's description?

My mom looks more 7ish than I do to myself.
I don't relate to her all that much. She does sound very 7. I wouldn't rule out ESxP as an MBTI possibility though.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, maybe ESFP? That still has Te, too.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would ESFP and ESTP compare to ENFP?

more in the moment, more grounded in this reality

based on how your mother rejects theorizing and ideas, I'm not sure why ENFP even came up as an option...? or perhaps you mean comparing to your own type as ENFP :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
more in the moment, more grounded in this reality

based on how your mother rejects theorizing and ideas, I'm not sure why ENFP even came up as an option...? or perhaps you mean comparing to your own type as ENFP :)

i did.

My mother seems very J sometimes.

After reading the ESFP description, it could work for her.
How is ESFP different from ESTP.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i did.

My mother seems very J sometimes.

After reading the ESFP description, it could work for her.
How is ESFP different from ESTP.

Well, read the ESTP description too? :)

What is very J about her?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, read the ESTP description too? :)

What is very J about her?

she is structured, organized, punctual, and does not make messes. Also, she controls others...

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she is structured, organized, punctual, and does not make messes. Also, she controls others...

ahh well then ESTJ 7w8 after all? lol. I don't know, you know her best.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ahh well then ESTJ 7w8 after all? lol. I don't know, you know her best.

yes, ESTJ 7w8 works best for mom...
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
@great one
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

From what you were telling me about your mother, I have no earthly idea how you can say that she's an ESTJ 7w8, it's just plain ridiculous to me. Now the ESTJ MBTI typing isn't bad but no way in hell is she a 7w8. Your mother is a devout Jehovah's Witness and constantly says that everything is "ubiblical" and that you are going to "burn in hell" for everything. She is the "Doom and Gloom" believer.

7w8's aren't like this: They are double id because they have 7 (and id type) with an 8 (id type) wing. 7w8's are some of the most worldly people that you could ever come across. 7w8's are adventurous, extreme risk takers, and live life on the edge. This is not your mom at all. Your mom is probably an ESTJ and most likely has 6w5 and 1w2 in her tr-type. I'm not sure about her heart fix though.

The only way that your mom could be a 7w8 is if she was UNGODLY unhealthy and was a 7 that has disintegrated to 1. Sometimes when 7's get extremely unhealthy they turn really religious and become very morally rigid. However, it doesn't sound like it in your mother's case.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

right actually I just meant ESTJ

I put the 7w8 there without actually wanting to as the above doesn't sound 7-ish at all

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

From what you were telling me about your mother, I have no earthly idea how you can say that she's an ESTJ 7w8, it's just plain ridiculous to me. Now the ESTJ MBTI typing isn't bad but no way in hell is she a 7w8. Your mother is a devout Jehovah's Witness and constantly says that everything is "ubiblical" and that you are going to "burn in hell" for everything. She is the "Doom and Gloom" believer.

7w8's aren't like this: They are double id because they have 7 (and id type) with an 8 (id type) wing. 7w8's are some of the most worldly people that you could ever come across. 7w8's are adventurous, extreme risk takers, and live life on the edge. This is not your mom at all. Your mom is probably an ESTJ and most likely has 6w5 and 1w2 in her tr-type. I'm not sure about her heart fix though.

The only way that your mom could be a 7w8 is if she was UNGODLY unhealthy and was a 7 that has disintegrated to 1. Sometimes when 7's get extremely unhealthy they turn really religious and become very morally rigid. However, it doesn't sound like it in your mother's case.

I see your point.