• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What other types have you tested as?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my early 20's, the only test I took, and really knew of, was the Humanmetrics one - would always get INTJ at that time.

Started getting mostly INFJ by my mid-20's, but have gotten all INxx's at one time or another.

With the cognitive processes test, I got ISFP once, INFJ once, but otherwise I always get INFP, because my Fi tests higher on that test than Ni does (but they're basically a tie), and Fe is usually in the bottom 3-4, with Ne in the top 3.

A socionics test I took resulted in 'inconclusive' INFx, but when I answered a final question to break the tie, they then said I was INFp. So, probably either one w/ socionics too. ;-)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
INTP and ENFP. I don't take any of the tests seriously anymore though, I think the only way to learn yuor type is to read the descriptions and compare them. But I don't really take anything in MBTI that seriously anymore, I like the Jungian functions better as a general description of some behaviour, and not as a cut-in-stone identification tag.

LucrativeSid

INTJ, ENTJ, INTP, ENTP, ESTJ, ISTJ (but strangely, never ISTP or ESTP)

I don't think I know myself very well. I change too much and I'm always trying for something new or better. I can trick myself into thinking anything about myself, which is probably why I still think I'm awesome even though all the evidence concludes otherwise.

Most commonly, though, I'm ENTP, INTP, or INTJ, due to high Ne, Ni, and Ti.

Usehername

On a mission
INFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ.

Basically, I always test as xNxJ. My first result was an INTJ, and it's definitely the most accurate description from thoroughly reading up on all the types.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I score either ISTJ or INFJ at every tenth or twentieth test.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
INTP, INTJ, ENTP, ENTJ and one crazy time I barely got ISTP.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I've had a couple of "serious" MBTI-tests which all resulted in INTP.
The "light" ones (think the online tests that come in dozens and all look alike) gave me mostly INTP too, but sometimes INTJ and once even ISTP. Not really strange since my outspoken scores were I and T, the others were very moderate...

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've never typed as anything but INFJ, a few times that I took the test, I just KNEW I'd come up as INTJ or ISFJ, or something, but it never happened.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Strangely enough, I have noticed that I have exhibited different personalities in different parts of my life.

As a child, I am sure I was ENFP. I was enthusiastic, talkative, jumping from one activity to the next; gushy in my attempts to get attention and positive feedback; unafraid to TOTALLY speak my mind about everything (including screaming to a punk in a department store "WHYYYYYY IS YOUR HAIR GREEN?!?!?!?! To the point where she totally flipped out, turned red, and stormed out of the store); debated about politics even at the age of 8 (my family was politically engaged); totally talking more to my classmates than paying attention in class - usually about fanciful things; pretending to have lots of kids in a class and teaching them things, like how to read; making up weird stories; acting out Star-Wars movies and Rainbow Bright episodes that I made on my own, in addition to pretending to dance like the evil Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak (Yat-dah-dah-dahdahdah-yat-dahdahdahdah-DAH!) from Strawberry Shortcake (I wonder if they still have those movies); making up my own weird, bizarre stores; going off on tangents; playing by myself for hours on end with my fifty billion made-up friends - well I was so weird that I did not have many REAL friends who could put up with my crazy, abstract, impractical, fanciful notions; HATED sports. My family probably thought I was schizophrenic for the first few years of my life. (j/k)

When I was in high school and college, I tested consistently INTJ, once or twice INTP. My only guess for this strange result was that my tertiary function Te sort of "took over" in an academic environment. In addition, I was so focused on my "work" that I never really concentrated on my social life. So my answers were skewed. Never focused on how I look or appeared. Never went to parties. Straight arrow. Never felt comfortable around other people, primarily because I had nothing to talk about - I was weird, unconventional. Got excellent marks in school (when I liked the teacher). Hated working in groups (those lazy bastids!!!) I was totally arrogant, stubborn, and closed-minded. Elitist, too. Convinced I was right, and everyone else was dead wrong. Did not really care what other people thought about me. Was always the person people came to with problems, though (I guess they felt the hidden NF?!?!) Was the chronic hand-raiser, participator, etc. - but only because I knew it would get me points and good grades. Had goals, and set out to accomplish them at all costs. Total believer in survival of the fittest and might is right philosophy. Good grief, I was a monster!!!

After I moved to Germany, I initially tested INFJ/INFP. I think it was "safe" to let my Fi shine again, I guess. But I still needed to kind of come out of my shell a bit.

After I began teaching and really came into my own, I have consistently tested ENFP. I love working with people - the more I teach, the better I feel; groups are great (I feel almost giddy after eight hours with a group of people); I love socializing with certain groups of people (as long as we have things in common and they do not look at me like I am a crazy idiot); still need my quiet time, though; enthusiastically jump from one hobby to the next (damn it!!!); love to learn - I have an innate curiosity; yes, I just came into my own, I think.

So, yeah, that's my "history." Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
ISTP was my first test result
INTP I've gotten a few times
INFJ or INTJ on the rare occasion

Pink Lime

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
ask
When all is well and I am myself I test as INTJ consistently. When I am stressed, I often test as INTP. I definitely am an INTx. N varies at times but is always in the N zone. J and P are almost interchangeable but I know that J is the more predominant of the 2 and where I am most comfortable.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Normally INFJ or ENFJ... I'm guessing I'm on the border of introvert/extravert, despite being fairly quiet in day to day life. I've always been quite convinced of my introversion, but I also struggle with generalized anxiety disorder & major depression episodes. I find I test INFJ when I'm struggling mentally and ENFJ when I'm not anxious. Who knows... both descriptions fit in some way. I've also been testing ENFJ more now that I'm living with my extremely introverted boyfriend & I've switched to a human service career from a management career.

I've tested INTP during college, but I attribute that towards being heavily into an academic major (Physics) where I had to use Ti & also being in the middle of a major depressive episode.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow. So many of you are all over the place when you test. It's like Ivy came in here and exploded.

I've always been pretty extreme INTP. Definitely I, really extreme N (you've never known a space case like me), and pretty strong P.

The T-F axis is interesting in me. The way I process things and function is very much NT, no question about that. And I've got that "disconnected F" thing going on, where I usually don't feel much, and when I do, I don't know why I do. I'm clueless about feelings. But I place a high personal value on kindness and compassion, and cruelty and related things really bother me. So on a few tests, I come out a little less T (I may have even gotten INFP on one test, can't recall for sure). But they tend to be some of the lower quality tests, that equate NT with being a heartless prick. I also took that "what type would you prefer to be" test, and it said I want to be an INFP. This is also not true (I like being INTP, wouldn't wanna be otherwise), but again, it was likely the result of the value I place on kindness, and that I really hate hurting anyone.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever MBTI-tested as anything else... and starting in 1996.

On the cognitive function test, however, I often have INFJ suggested as the runner-up just based on my function use.