• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si and dreaming

Alea_iacta_est

Had this thought when I was watching The Wolverine earlier. In the beginning of the movie, he's experiencing vivid dreams of the past in like Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Do Si doms experience more past-oriented dreams than other types? Do they dream more about things they did in the past, reliving days in their sleep?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i dream about the future and my goals, honestly. although, come to think of it, i do re-live iconic moments in my past over and over again. *shrug* i dunno.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm Si-inf, and this has happened to me, usually with an aura of sacredness.

Like this one time I had this dream that I was looking through all the stuff in my old house (the one I moved out of when I was 5) all my childhood objects, and on the desk I saw a large formaldehyde bottle of ancient lifeforms forming a DNA spiral.

I don't particularly have "future" or Ne-oriented dreams the rest of the time, however.

And, of course, I can't speak for an Si-dom, so I'm a bit OT here. But for me the theory about the inferior function being subconcious and appearing "sacred" definitely checks out.

Alea_iacta_est

I'm Si-inf, and this has happened to me, usually with an aura of sacredness.

Like this one time I had this dream that I was looking through all the stuff in my old house (the one I moved out of when I was 5) all my childhood objects, and on the desk I saw a large formaldehyde bottle of ancient lifeforms forming a DNA spiral.

I don't particularly have "future" or Ne-oriented dreams the rest of the time, however.

And, of course, I can't speak for an Si-dom, so I'm a bit OT here. But for me the theory about the inferior function being subconcious and appearing "sacred" definitely checks out.

Interesting, I usually have disconnected dreams that don't really have a tether to the real world, sort of like I build the world in my mind and plant myself in the plot and the world is usually far from anything like the real world. It's either darker and moodier or brighter and clearer than the real world.

I wonder if each of the different functions have different types of dreams associated with them. That would be an interesting way to type people and learn a little bit more about psychology.

I wish I knew for certain what my inf. function is, because I don't really experience any of the sacred Si dreams that you talked about, perhaps my Si hasn't developed entirely yet.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting, I usually have disconnected dreams that don't really have a tether to the real world, sort of like I build the world in my mind and plant myself in the plot and the world is usually far from anything like the real world. It's either darker and moodier or brighter and clearer than the real world.

I wonder if each of the different functions have different types of dreams associated with them. That would be an interesting way to type people and learn a little bit more about psychology.

I wish I knew for certain what my inf. function is, because I don't really experience any of the sacred Si dreams that you talked about, perhaps my Si hasn't developed entirely yet.
Yeah, my dreams tend to be their own little creation as well, and it actually wasn't until recently I've started that whole Si business (I'm 30 now) so it may be a cognitive developement thing.

Are you uncertain of your MBTI?

Alea_iacta_est

Are you uncertain of your MBTI?

Sort of, I've been typed as ENTP, INTP, and INTJ on several forums by different people before (this is the only forum I use now though). I'm mostly settled on INTP with a heavy usage of Ni right now, but don't entertain this conversation any longer, for I want this thread to stay on focus. My MBTI typing thread is dead now, but its still under the type me section.

Yeah it probably is a cognitive development thing, I'm pretty young.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Most of the inspiration for the things I dream about is mostly about the here and the now actually. In fact I actually think that the wolverine is actually experiencing a sort of intuition there. Unless he specifically was in those places.

Si is mostly about impressionistic interpretations that seeks not what the senses specifically tells the person, but how the object comes off to them. Se can reference the past, and sensation types in general are mostly here and now vs the past/future orientated intuition types.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm....I couldn't say for certain how much more or less vivid my dreams are compared to others (though I will say my ESTP dance partner has WAAAAAYY more vivid dreams than me) but I will that when I do have vivd dreams...they're pretty intense.

The dreams that hit me the most though are dreams of people I've forgotten about or haven't seen in a very long time. That always brings up a lot emotions, sensations, etc...

Intense stuff