• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yo homies...do you know any INFP's that seem E7-ish? Or is that cra?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to the books...INFP 7's are supposedly very uncommon.

However I sometimes find that they portray E7 characteristics.

Could this be because 4's (most common among INFP's) and 7's share a connection to E1?

Or do you think it's all in the tritype?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know I've always thought IFP + E7 was a totally believeable combination since their extroverted cousins are most commonly E7. I don't like to COMPLETELY rule out any special exceptions of type combinations because I'm sure some are out there, but for INFP when it comes to positive outlook I'd say consider E9 first. I have a 9w1 fix but the possibility of being core 9 has certainly crossed my mind a few times. I've actually met two INFP 2w1s as well so I might even say to even consider 2 before 7 (specifically 2w1 because 2w3 seems to be more extroverted). But it's totally not cray. :)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

After talking to [MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION] I think I believe in the possibility of any Enneagram-MBTI combination.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not cray-cray, but I'm pretty sure INFP E7 would be rarer. Might I offer a few other possibilities?

ENFP E7 is fairly frequent, so a borderline xNFP might get confused with an INFP.

INFP E5 isn't common, but it's not unheard of, and they'll disintegrate to 7.

INFP E9s are common(ish), and they are all over the place on what characteristics they'll display (when they decide to actually display characteristics).

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] makes a good point about an INFP E2 possibly being confused for an INFP E7 at first brush.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to the books...INFP 7's are supposedly very uncommon.
However I sometimes find that they portray E7 characteristics.
Could this be because 4's (most common among INFP's) and 7's share a connection to E1?
Or do you think it's all in the tritype?

I don't see them as particularly contradictory. Sexual 7w6 in particular can be very INFP-ish (dreamy, fantastical, more withdrawn and 4-ish than other 7s). similar to 7, Fi is a fairly narcissistic function ("how do I vibe with this?" "how does this relate to me?" "how does this fit with my values?" etc) and Ne is scattered, enthusiastic about new ideas and escapist (NPs are very sensory avoidant and run at the first sign or routine or physical labor).

imo, 3 is probably the most contradictory type with dominant Fi.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I think my friend MIGHT be. I am ...just about sure she is a seven, but I am having a hard time telling if she is INFP or ENFP. She can sound more sure of herself and is willing to do things that she'll have fun with or provide her with meaningful experiences, has a stronger vibe than I do (or at least I think so), just about everyone loves her. She is a very open person and such...

I feel like people would consider her an extrovert in the traditional sense, but for some reason ...I can't shake off the idea that she could be an introvert.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION] you bring up a good point about 9's.

Although, I would think that 9's don't take AS much initiative as 7's do

...what do you think?:thinking:

I don't see them as particularly contradictory. Sexual 7w6 in particular can be very INFP-ish (dreamy, fantastical, more withdrawn and 4-ish than other 7s). similar to 7, Fi is a fairly narcissistic function ("how do I vibe with this?" "how does this relate to me?" "how does this fit with my values?" etc) and Ne is scattered, enthusiastic about new ideas and escapist (NPs are very sensory avoidant and run at the first sign or routine or physical labor).
Yea I am typing a friend and I was thinking along these lines as well...thanks.

After talking to [MENTION=13973]AntiheroComplex[/MENTION] I think I believe in the possibility of any Enneagram-MBTI combination.

Ohhh what's their MBTI?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, they're called "ENFPs".

R

Riva

Wait aren't you sure of being an infj?? :overreact:

Assuming you are a 7w6 infj makes more sense than nfp unless you have e2 in your tritype. However i believe you are either a 4 or 3 in that particular centre when it comes to your tritype. Do you know what your tritype?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me! I am pretty sure I am INFP 4, but I have very strong 7 characteristics, I behave like 7 in lot of ways.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4722]Udog[/MENTION] you bring up a good point about 9's.

Although, I would think that 9's don't take AS much initiative as 7's do

...what do you think?:thinking:

Hmm, well a 9 integrated to 3 might be more assertive, so maybe that could be another reason for mixing up 9 and 7. But yeah, 9s are generally more sluggish and steady-moving than 7s who are more bouncy and anxious. I think examining the INFPs you're talking about using different lenses could help - hornevian triads, object relations, etc. Any NFP will relate to E7 in some way because a lot of their common characteristics will overlap (scattered, more directly concerned with the self, lazy, idealistic, optimistic, etc) but I guess looking at what they really struggle with is the issue. Also this link helped me decide between 2 and 7:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/misid/#.UrslUvRDuuJ

Also maybe giving us reasons why you think those little INFPs might be core 7 could be telling about their type? :thinking:

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait aren't you sure of being an infj?? :overreact:

Assuming you are a 7w6 infj makes more sense than nfp unless you have e2 in your tritype. However i believe you are either a 4 or 3 in that particular centre when it comes to your tritype. Do you know what your tritype?

If you read carefully, Nights and Days was saying that I've made a convincing case for being an INFJ 7. I believe it was meant to support the idea that if an INFJ 7 is possible, then an INFP could have a similarly rare Enneatype combination as well - any type could. I tend to take this position also.

I'm not a Fi-user, so INFP is most likely off the menu. I'm confident in my typing - don't worry. ;)

If I don't seem particularly Two-like...it's because I'm not. For me, Two is the least relatable type in the entire Enneagram for numerous reasons. Definitely a Three or a Four when it comes to the heart-fix.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I think that seven wingish infps are probably going to have strong ne