• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible to break introversion?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Asking a social introvert to try harder at being an extravert is asking them to deny who they are, to be a phony, a great big phony

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]

Just be careful... I mean no offense by this, but I honestly can't tell if you are a 5 disintegrating into a 7 or a 7 that simply doesn't want to integrate to a 5.

https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype5

Under Stress (Five Goes to Average Seven)
Fives usually cope with difficulties by retreating into their minds where they feel more confident and in control. But Fives cannot retreat indefinitely, and eventually they need stimulation and interaction. Fives also tend to be nervous and high-strung, so when there is no outlet for their nervous energy, it builds up, eventually expressing itself in restlessness and hyperactivity. (Fives can become literally "restless"—and often develop insomnia.) Anxiety causes their minds to overheat, and to jump from one thought to the next. Much of their characteristic focus gets scattered. After being alone and concentrating for so long, they begin to overcompensate by overdoing their activities and lurching from one promising idea or experience to another. They become like a starving person at a banquet, and their scattered, hyperactive behavior can look like that of an average Seven. At such times, usually quiet Fives may become very talkative, impulsive, and flighty. Their underlying anxiety gets acted out in compulsive, even manic, behavior in ways that resemble lower-functioning Sevens.

Having said that, I think the idea of moving to a smaller town where you feel more at home is an excellent idea.

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]

Just be careful... I mean no offense by this, but I honestly can't tell if you are a 5 disintegrating into a 7 or a 7 that simply doesn't want to integrate to a 5.

https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype5

Having said that, I think the idea of moving to a smaller town where you feel more at home is an excellent idea.

I'm definitely a 7. I noticed I was a lot more aggressive and chaotic than actual 5s and my focus was always on the fun. My last girlfriend said I was always bringing in new things for us to do to keep the fire going. That's when I started thinking I wasn't a 5. But yea I have had big problems in the past with isolating myself and being stuck in my head so I just assumed I was a 5. Yes I'll see what moving does I can't wait.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Moving to a place that's more natural to you can make all the difference in the world. Good luck!