• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a window flier or aisle seater?

napo_leon

It's an interesting question. I prefer the window seats because they offer privacy, a great view from above and also you won't have people climb over you. But I also like the aisle seats, first because you have a view of the rest of the passengers and their peculiar habits and also because you can stretch your legs out easier. But 90% of the flights I take, I sit on the window seats.
You?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Who in their right mind would want the aisle seat?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Window seat! With aisle seats you always run the risk of having to get up and sit down again because people in the windows seats have to go to the toilet etc.

W

WALMART

I enjoy the cold draw of windows, thinking about what seperates my face from the turbulence just millimeters away, admiring what's below.

I don't fly enough for its magic to be spent from me. I still get excited driving a car, so I'm not sure if it ever will.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I definitely prefer the isle seats, because it allows for greater escape utility; being trapped within one of those flying death engines would be mortifying! :pacifier:

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Window seat for me. I don't have to run to the toilet as often.

Window.

I never get tired of looking out of it. Also better privacy and something to lean my head against, which helps me sleep. And I have good bladder control too, so having to run to the bathroom all the time is not an issue for me.

93JC

Window. If I've gone to a washroom beforehand chances are I won't have to get up during the flight, and I'd much rather have a view outside than a view of the rest of the passenger cabin.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AISLE

I have long legs- I need to stretch them any chance I can get.

I have a SLIGHT case of claustrophobia. If I'm in an anxious state- it is exacerbated. So being in the window seat makes me feel trapped. (Not that being stuck in a huge metal tube in the sky doesn't in and of itself make me feel trapped- but still.)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Window seat-

-I've seen wedding singer ha ha

-also I don't like to look at people, I prefer the clouds.

Jaguar

Aisle - so I can get away from people who won't shut the hell up. ;)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Window. Just don't drink too many complementary beverages.

Qre:us

Window, so I can lean against the wall, more comfortable for sleeping! And seeing the sun rising and setting, while high above the clouds, and the topography of the places, where you take off from, and land, it's quite an amazing sight! Like an aerial map!

(I've been on one of the longest direct flights - 16hrs, and let me tell you, where you sit, makes a world of difference - and especially that you are not sitting directly behind or in front of fidgety people and/or KIDS!!!)

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Aisle. Started out as window, but the novelty of the view wears off pretty quickly (and I don't even fly that often). And I like complementary beverages - not to mention overpriced airport lounges are about the only thing to do if you have a stopover. So ease of toilet access is key.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Window. I like looking at how the landscape changes and how tiny everything is. Plus I do t have to get up to let anyone out.

V

violaine

Further to my pref for the aisle seat: I get SUPER bored looking out of the window! :ack!: I prefer to be bothered than to do the bothering. Also, if I'm sitting near someone annoying, I can leave if I'm in an aisle seat. I hate being trapped next to drunks/motormouths/people who think my arm rest is a communal one.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Window because I can press my face against it. It's also a way to exercise my bravery in case that gremlin thing from Twilight Zone shows up.