• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Love Languages

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know what you mean. I try to give very thoughtful gifts. And sometimes, I have gotten very thoughtful gifts. It can really mean a lot if it's the right gift.

My gifts always are either 1) meaningful 2) inside jokes or 3) things I'm forcing upon you that I want you to get into. :D

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
My gifts always are either 1) meaningful 2) inside jokes or 3) things I'm forcing upon you that I want you to get into. :D
Haha -- all the best reasons to give a gift! :) Chanaynay, I feel like we would be great friends if we knew each other IRL.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Gifts is an interesting one. It seems materialistic, but I have to say that when someone give me a really good gift, I'm really impressed, and it can signify a lot. So I understand it on the level of being both an active and clear demonstration of love as well as sort of a little quantum of how well they understand and know you.

I agree with this. Even though gifts isn't my top by far, it means a lot to me when someone gives me a good gift because like you said, it signifies how much they understand and know you. Also, because they took the time to think about what I'd like and what to give me.

You can often tell what love language you are by the way you demonstrate love to others. I am soooo verbal and touchy with people I am affectionate with.

You can usually also tell, by what you complain about NOT getting. For example, someone with quality time as their top will often complain "I never get to spend time with you", "I miss you", or "When can we get together?"

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can often tell what love language you are by the way you demonstrate love to others. I am soooo verbal and touchy with people I am affectionate with.

Oh yeah, touch definitely comes above everything else there too, but that's also mostly reflecting my laziness/lack of verbal skills/lack of insight with giftgiving. Touch is definitely the easiest one, so it's kinda cheating, lol.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I agree with this. Even though gifts isn't my top by far, it means a lot to me when someone gives me a good gift because like you said, it signifies how much they understand and know you. Also, because they took the time to think about what I'd like and what to give me.

You can usually also tell, by what you complain about NOT getting. For example, someone with quality time as their top will often complain "I never get to spend time with you", "I miss you", or "When can we get together?"
Totally. In my group of three closest girlfriends, one of the girls just started dating someone new and has ghosted on us. I have barely noticed, but my other friend - who is a major Quality Time person - is so angry about it.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Oh yeah, touch definitely comes above everything else there too, but that's also mostly reflecting my laziness/lack of verbal skills/lack of insight with giftgiving. Touch is definitely the easiest one, so it's kinda cheating, lol.
lol, but you look at your non verbal-ness and lack of ability to pick out a great gift as a defect. it's not. it's just a preference. it's not liked i've honed my gift-giving skills over time. i was kinda born this way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm IxTx and am way too self-focused and detached to be acts and services oriented.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nicolita is quality time too, isn't she?

26861381_nodding_gif.gif

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For example, my experience is that IxTx types tend to be more Acts of Service oriented, but that's only what I've noticed in people I know.

INTJ

Physical touch and words of affirmation top the list for me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quality time, acts of service and gifts...small gifts/little things and oddities. I don't like big, showy gifts.

I tend to show care by doing the above as well but probably show the most care by acts of service/indulgence.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm Quality Time > Gifts > Words/Touch > Acts